Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Syndol updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.4

What's new:
  • When sorting conversations by prefix and the result displayed multiple pages, selecting a different page showed all conversations regardless of prefix. This is now fixed.
  • Added a bread crumb link to the conversation list page so one can easily return to the main list after viewing a sorted list.
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the file 'Upload/library/ConvEss/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php' to your server, overwriting the old one.
  2. Upgrade the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Important Note:
For those of you who are already using or are considering using a pirated version of this add-on, please note that those releases contain 20% more code than the ones I provide.
This can only mean that they contain some kind of Tracking, Virus, or Trojan. If you do use a pirated version, please do not contact me for support.
Thank you.

What is it that makes
HTML:
<span class="convessKickRecipient">
pop up in the conversation participants box? Just a hint towards where to look is what I want, I want the "Kick" to pop up for everyone with the permission to kick in anyone's conversation.

You can only kick someone from a conversation that you started.
I have already made it so anyone with permission can kick from any conversation. I just need to know where to change it so the kick pops up for everyone with permission to kick. it's kind of annoying to have to manually enter the conversation and user id each time I want to kick someone.

I have already made it so anyone with permission can kick from any conversation. I just need to know where to change it so the kick pops up for everyone with permission to kick. it's kind of annoying to have to manually enter the conversation and user id each time I want to kick someone.
The system is designed in such a way that only conversation starters can kick participants from their own conversations.
If you want to change this, you will need to edit at least one file as well as some templates and then add some code to ensure a conversation starter cannot be kicked out of their own conversation.
Since what you are trying to achieve is not what this add-on is about, I'm afraid that I cannot provide support for such a modification.

I am using the Add User Avatar to Last Post by Waindigo addon and it doesn't show avatars elsewhere than on forum and thread lists, so it's really good that Conversation Essentials adds Avatars of last posters in conversations, but I noticed they look slighly different than the Waindigo one's. Waindigo avatars are 28x28px and Conversation Essentials' avatars are 23x23px, so they are slighly smaller. Also Waindigo avatars are floated left with a right margin of 7px, seperating the avatar section and the other section cleanly whereas Conversation Essentials avatars are placed just right beneth the user name, which looks a bit awkward. To make Conversation Essentials avatars look like Waindigo avatars only this css has to be added to convess.css (I recommend using TMS):

Rich (BB code):
.convessMiniMe img
{
	padding: 1px;
	border: 1px none black;
	border-radius: 2px;
	box-shadow: 1px 1px 2px rgba(0,0,0, 0.5);
	width: 28px;
	height: 28px;
	float: left;
	margin-right: 7px;
}

In your add-on, there is a fantastic feature to display each user's "Last Read" state for each conversation. Some users felt that displaying this information openly was an invasion of their privacy, however, so I was wondering if it would be possible for me to display this information to administrators only? With a bit of fiddling, I could mess around with the templates and include a <xen:if> clause that would do this, but it's stupid to do these things if the developer ever intends on making it a core feature.

I understand there is an opt-in privacy feature for members, but they felt it wouldn't be fair on users who didn't know this was possible (or perhaps weren't aware that their last-read state is actually visible). Hence, I would like to make this information available only to forum staff.

Since users can opt out of this feature, I see no point in adding a separate option just for Admins.
You can however accomplish this very easily by doing the template edit you mentioned.

In the add-on's options page, ensure you have the 'Last Read Date' set to 'Yes' and the 'Allow Last Read Date Privacy' set to 'No'.
Then apply the following 2 template edits.
If you have TMS installed then open convess_conversation_recipients_4 and convess_conversation_recipients_5, otherwise open template conversation_recipients (and apply the following edit twice)

Locate:
<!-- ConvEss -->
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.convess_last_read_date}">

Replcae with:

<!-- ConvEss -->
<xen:if is="{$xenOptions.convess_last_read_date} AND {$visitor.is_admin}">

Now only Admins will be able to see the last read date.

I'm trying to understand the inbox sizing options.

Inbox Size (max number of conversations). Zero (0) = unlimited:

The text next to the option says zero is unlimited, so what does setting the unlimited radio button do? Do they both do the same thing?

They are both the same. Reason is that having it set to zero would mean not allowing any conversations at all which is not what this option was originally about.

Hi Beanjam,
Thanks for the feedback.

In regards to searching, I think most of us agree it should be done as part of the core for many reasons. Please see these posts where it has been discussed before:
I request search feature for conversation.
I have a thousand of conversations and I can not find them.
As long as that integrates with ES... that would be awesome to find older conversations.
I agree that conversations could definitely benefit from a search feature, however, I think that something of this nature needs to be part of the core product.

As for sticky conversations, could you not simply assign stickies a specific prefix to make them stand out?
You could also change their look (ie background colour) by modifying the conversation_list_item template. All you have to do is check for the $conversation.sticky value

In regards to searching, I think most of us agree it should be done as part of the core for many reasons.

There are MANY things that SHOULD be part of the core. Just sayin.. ;)
I also would like search for conversations included in your addon. I don't think the core will feature that within the next 1-2 years...

Sorry if this has been asked, but does this (or any other add-on) allow a moderator to turn one post in a conversation into a regular thread?

My mods are often being messaged by new users with their entire question - which should be posted in a forum!

There are MANY things that SHOULD be part of the core. Just sayin.. ;)
I also would like search for conversations included in your addon. I don't think the core will feature that within the next 1-2 years...

I found discussions about it going back a couple of years, so I wouldn't hold my breath. But if someone was to come up with an add-on for it I would gladly pay, or for an upgrade to this "essentials" add-on. It's a killer feature IMO.

Top Bottom