Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Thank you for reporting.
It has to do with editing a conversation from inside the conversation itself.
When one does not have prefix creation permission and the sticky option is off.
I'll update the resource shortly.

Syndol updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.3

What's new:
  • Fixed an error message from showing whenever someone edited a conversation (from within the conversation) and the following was true:
    • That person did not have prefix creation permission
    • The sticky option was not set
  • Fixed a typo in phrase 'convess_alert_kick'
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the file 'Upload/library/ConvEss/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php' to your server, overwriting the old one.
  2. Upload the file...

Read the rest of this update entry...

No need to change anything with Conversation Essentials.
All you have to do is change a couple of lines in the title-urls xml file so that TMS can find the right lines.
I'll PC you the changes.

>>>Conversation Essentials
I purchased this addon --- but I often wonder -- it seems a lacking feature... to be able to delete an old conversation!!!
The person who started a conversation -- should have the ability to delete an old conversation -- to keep things tidy!
Any feedback on this subject???

>>>>You can, it's just that you 'leave' the conversation,
how about -- if everyone leaves the conversation -- that it could then be DELETED!

Do you mean from an admin, having a clear out of everyone's messages point of view?

If you PM'd me now in VB say, if I deleted it, it'd still remain in your inbox, same way leaving a conversation works.

the point I'm trying to make -- is that eventually hundreds & thousands of conversations will come into existence
with my users! and OLD conversations -- should be able to be deleted -- by the person who started the conversation...
once the conversation has come to an end on an issue...

>>>>OLD conversations -- should be able to be deleted -- by the person who started the conversation...
once the conversation has come to an end on an issue...
Perhaps a feature could be added to MARK a conversation as ENDED...
and once ENDED -- it can then later be DELETED!

Sorry Raydianze, maybe im missing something, but I don't get it.

Your users can leave conversations, the same as they could delete them on other forums.

Yes, users can "leave" a conversation... BUT there is no way to later delete the conversation...
and I would like to be able to allow the conversation-starter -- to be able to delete an old conversation..
so that thousands of conversations don't start adding up to a nightmare...

I think what Ray is trying to say is, once everyone has left the conversation, then the admin can delete it from the DB, or even the admin has a permanent delete option, wiping it from the DB.

The problem with that approach Ray, is first an admin would not be able to leave the conversation to begin with, otherwise they couldn't see it to delete it permanently from the DB. If they can leave it, then there is nothing stopping you from deleting them directly from the DB, however; that is deleting your users data that they may access from time to time for some specific point or such. You wouldn't know what your users do with their PC's.

They aren't hurting anything or creating any type of load by sitting in a DB table not being accessed.

So, do you believe even when all parties have 'left' a conversation, it still remains in the DB?

Not sure if that's true or not.

I don't see why it would be an issue -- if the conversation has been flagged as "ENDED"...
and with a status of ENDED -- no more comments or replies can be added -- and that the conversation then could be
deleted -- so it is no longer to be seen...

>>>>So, do you believe even when all parties have 'left' a conversation, it still remains in the DB?
>>>Not sure if that's true or not.
no idea!

just a house-keeping issue -- of cleaning things up when conversations come to an end...
would like to see a feature to mark a conversation as "ENDED" ... and no more replies or comments can then be made!

- When everyone has left a conversation, that conversation is then automatically deleted and removed from the DB ;) .
- A conversation starter can always lock a conversation thus preventing any further responses :sneaky: .
- When everyone, except you, has left a conversation permanently then this add-on displays that fact and removes the reply box so that you do not post something that no one will ever see/receive (y) .
- This add-on also allows you to kick participants from your conversation, so if you really wanted to end the conversation by removing all trace of it, just kick everyone and then leave it :eek:.

Reactions: HWS
Top Bottom