Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Did not get that far. I am kind of stuck on the ability to re-invite them to the conversation via the invite link when the max number of participants are reached as I cannot know who you will be inviting. I can place a 'Re-invite' link where the 'Kick' one is but that seems a little out of place.

I second that. If a user gets kicked out of a conversation, he shouldn't see the whole conversation any longer...

This will be just like in Facebook, where group conversations do the same. Get kicked out = Have no access to existing conversations any longer. People are used to this.

Also, if someone gets invited, he will see the whole conversation from the beginning.

All other possibilities are extremely complicated to code and not necessary. I probably will not install an update that bloats the code that much.

I have now finished adding the option that allows a conversation starter to kick a participant out of that conversation (with the ability to invite them back).
I have tested it as best I can but wish to have one or two others who own this add-on help me test it further before I release it.
If you are interested please contact me via PC.
Thanks.

Is anyone still interested in the option to kick someone from a conversation?
Demand for this option seems to have suddenly dwindled to zero.
There is no point in releasing this new version if it's no longer desired.

Is anyone still interested in the option to kick someone from a conversation?
Demand for this option seems to have suddenly dwindled to zero.
There is no point in releasing this new version if it's no longer desired.

We are interested. But only if it is a simple function that kicks the user out of the whole conversation without any complicated message/conversation juggling.

Syndol updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.2

What's new:
  • Added the ability to kick a participant from a conversation. There is now a user group permission which allows conversation starters to kick participants from their conversation. The link to do this is located inside the mini avatar of each participant under the 'Conversation Participants' section of the conversation view page. Administrators and Moderators cannot be kicked out of conversations.
  • Ability to invite back those you have kicked out of the conversation. By...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have now finished adding the option that allows a conversation starter to kick a participant out of that conversation (with the ability to invite them back).
I have tested it as best I can but wish to have one or two others who own this add-on help me test it further before I release it.
If you are interested please contact me via PC.
Thanks.

I tested this kick feature.
It works fine.

I believe you should add the option to be able to add moderators, on our site we have RPs which are run by storytellers(They are moderators of their own forums), since we have many storytellers on the site in games they also don't storyteller, I just can't remove them from my game's pm, because they are moderator somewhere.

I believe you should add the option to be able to add moderators, on our site we have RPs which are run by storytellers(They are moderators of their own forums), since we have many storytellers on the site in games they also don't storyteller, I just can't remove them from my game's pm, because they are moderator somewhere.
I can see your point with your specific situation, however, I still believe that if you are a moderator then you should not be forced out of conversations as their content might relate directly to your work at hand.
Perhaps I could just show you how to change the code to suit your needs instead?
Can we have Like in conversations?
This has been previously discussed on these forums before and I believe that most people do not see the benefit in such a feature as most conversations are just a hand full of members at best and thus the conversation would benefit from an actual reply to the content that you like/agree with.
Is it possible to delete a post in a conversation?
There is no way to do this. I have absolutely no doubt XenForo was designed that way as who really wants a potential key post to suddenly disappear from their conversation. The way I see it, a conversation is a much more intimate or important discussion than a normal thread and thus deleting posts can prove disastrous to the message being conveyed, especially if you are a moderator who may need to refer back to contents of an older conversation.

Just my opinion guys., what do the rest of you think about all of this?

Hmm. I just updated to 1.1.2, but the option to kick is not being displayed; old or new conversations. I have it currently set to "Always visible." If I set it to hover, and the overlay doesn't appear either. Tested on multiple browsers.

I can see your point with your specific situation, however, I still believe that if you are a moderator then you should not be forced out of conversations as their content might relate directly to your work at hand.
Perhaps I could just show you how to change the code to suit your needs instead?

This has been previously discussed on these forums before and I believe that most people do not see the benefit in such a feature as most conversations are just a hand full of members at best and thus the conversation would benefit from an actual reply to the content that you like/agree with.

There is no way to do this. I have absolutely no doubt XenForo was designed that way as who really wants a potential key post to suddenly disappear from their conversation. The way I see it, a conversation is a much more intimate or important discussion than a normal thread and thus deleting posts can prove disastrous to the message being conveyed, especially if you are a moderator who may need to refer back to contents of an older conversation.

Just my opinion guys., what do the rest of you think about all of this?
That would be great, If you could show us how to do that.

I also think that deleting PMs should be allowed but on a permission basis, we should get to pick the user group that gets to do that.

I request search feature for conversation.
I have a thousand of conversations and I can not find them.
As long as that integrates with ES... that would be awesome to find older conversations.
I agree that conversations could definitely benefit from a search feature, however, I think that something of this nature needs to be part of the core product.
That would be great, If you could show us how to do that.
I will PC you with instructions how to accomplish this.
I also think that deleting PMs should be allowed but on a permission basis, we should get to pick the user group that gets to do that.
I do not see the benefit of that. It would also not be compatible with the Inbox size limitation (if enabled).

With the most recent version the following error occurs when someone clicks at "Auto-Response" (/account/conversation-auto-response) within account control panel:

Code:
The Controller XenForo_ControllerPublic_Account defines no action named ConversationAutoResponse.

What can we do to solve that?

Top Bottom