Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
If you have TMS installed, then make sure everything is Green.
If you do not, then ensure you did the template edits correctly.

It means you have made changes to those templates and TMS cannot find the desired lines of text.
Yes, you will have to manually edit them for each style.

I'm currently translating the phrases that are new to the latest version of Conversation Essentials (1.1.2). I have ran into a problem. Not a great one, but still a problem. It's related to the placement of the following two phrases:

convess_kick_mini_avatar
convess_invite_mini_avatar

For the english translation the placement for these phrases are OK. But when I translate them into the correct swedish words, they both end up too long and get cut off, like in the attached picture. Many words are often shorter in english than they are in swedish. That's just the way it is. For the furture it would be good to take this into consideration as it might apply to other languages as well.

convess_kick_mini_avatar.webp

What I'm wondering now is if it would be possible via the options menu to have an alternative placement for these two phrases that would allow for slightly longer words?

I found a missed letter (in red) in phrase convess_alert_kick:
Thnaks. For now everyone can just edit that single phrase.
What I'm wondering now is if it would be possible via the options menu to have an alternative placement for these two phrases that would allow for slightly longer words?
I've placed those phrases inside the mini avatar as I could not find a different suitable location.
I'm afraid you will just have to use an abbreviation or a synonym for those words.

For the english translation the placement for these phrases are OK. But when I translate them into the correct swedish words, they both end up too long and get cut off, like in the attached picture. Many words are often shorter in english than they are in swedish. That's just the way it is. For the furture it would be good to take this into consideration as it might apply to other languages as well.

I am sure, if you use "Kick", even your swedish people will understand it. ;)
We decided to go with that method. The german word is also much longer.

I am sure, if you use "Kick", even your swedish people will understand it. ;)
We decided to go with that method. The german word is also much longer.
The swedes for sure know what it means :) I'll just stick with these phrases for now.

Is it possible for this to include the ability to invite participant groups into existing conversations?

I figure this makes it that bit easier again, based on what that function is designed for... being a quick selection of a group of people. Would be good to use that on existing PC's to quickly invite in all staff or such.

I see it in the TMS being added, though nothing is showing up on the invite card itself once opened... not in Flexile anyway... which uses default XF conversation_invite template.

I'd like to request some more moderator features. Especially in regards to kicking a conversation member from another person's conversation.
I'll give some context to make it sound less cruel.

User A has done something bad, and therefore opens a conversation with a bunch of Staff members and one or two random "friends" (User B and User C), Staff are now unable to discuss sensitive information regarding User A's actions without creating a new conversation. User B and User C does not contribute to the case and ends up causing unnecessary arguments and workload for the Staff members.

I can imagine something similar for allowing us to lock other people's conversations that you are part of.
I don't want the options to snoop around in people's messages, I want the features that allows me to moderate conversations I am part of better.

I see it in the TMS being added, though nothing is showing up on the invite card itself once opened... not in Flexile anyway... which uses default XF conversation_invite template.
Sorry for not replying sooner but have just returned from over seas.
The option is located on the options page. Please see the following image:
ConvEss_Groups_Invite.webp

I have this error in my server logs. There are somes a day.

XenForo_Exception: Function setConversationStickyAndOrPrefix() - no sticky and no prefix - library/ConvEss/Model/Conversation.php:1343

Top Bottom