Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Once your in a conversation, having the ability to use the Participant Groups in the Invite More option would be good.

How often do you need to invite a whole bunch of people to an existing conversation?

How about adding the ability to remove someone from a conversation? Could come in handy if you invite the wrong person (I have) or have another reason for dropping someone from your conversation. Thanks.

How would that work? One day I have a conversation in my inbox, the next day I cannot find it because you uninvited me?
Yes, because for one reason or another the person who started the conversation no longer wants you in it.

This would also act as a message recall system for those who send a message by mistake.

Anyway, just a suggestion. Keep up the great work and updates!

Once your in a conversation, having the ability to use the Participant Groups in the Invite More option would be good.
I'll add an option to display the Participant Groups drop-down menu in the next release. In the mean time, I'll send you a version that has this feature so you won't have to wait.

Awesome, thanks much. I was also going to pick up your other "user" system after I stop getting pizza all over my keyboard. ;)

How about adding the ability to remove someone from a conversation? Could come in handy if you invite the wrong person (I have) or have another reason for dropping someone from your conversation. Thanks.
Well, I have dedicated a few of my remaining grey cells to this idea but have yet to find a proper solution.
Un-inviting a member (i.e. forcing them to permanently leave) is not a problem, but having the un-invited member's conversation deleted from their inbox without a trace is just wrong. Even if you un-invite them 60 seconds after the creation of the conversation, they have already received an email about it.
One solution would be to provide the un-invited member a copy of the conversation they were a part of up to that point, but that means duplicating all the messages for every un-invited member. There does not seem to be a simple solution and so some further thought is required.

Well, I have dedicated a few of my remaining grey cells to this idea but have yet to find a proper solution.
Thanks. ;) And I get the related issues you raise. More thought is definitely required, but we're doing just fine without this functionality so don't waste too many more grey cells on it.

Excellent work, it really flows nicely into the forum. It just feels like it belongs.

It seems a couple of my mods are having trouble handling the 24hour time system. Any chance on a slightly more user friendly version? Maybe using a clock face or something?

I'm also noticing that the auto responses only work for new threads. A new response to an existing conversation doesn't seem to trigger it.

I'm also noticing that the auto responses only work for new threads. A new response to an existing conversation doesn't seem to trigger it.
It is only meant for new conversations. If it auto responded every time there was a reply to an existing conversation, that conversation would end up being spammed by that user.
It seems a couple of my mods are having trouble handling the 24hour time system. Any chance on a slightly more user friendly version? Maybe using a clock face or something?
Are you talking about the auto response? I could maybe add AM/PM but the world does revolve around a 24 hour clock.

It is only meant for new conversations. If it auto responded every time there was a reply to an existing conversation, that conversation would end up being spammed by that user.

Are you talking about the auto response? I could maybe add AM/PM but the world does revolve around a 24 hour clock.

In both cases I'm speaking of the user defined auto response. It seems that an existing conversation receiving a new message should be treated the same way as a new conversation. If I have activated an away message, shouldn't any new activity to my inbox receive the auto response, just like an email auto away works?

As far as the 24 hour clock, it works fine for me, but not all members are as tech proficient as an administrator.

If you have an ongoing existing conversation, and you know you are going on vacation, then why not just post that for all to see.
I personally do not see the point in auto responding every time someone replies to a conversation that has say 10 people in it.

I'll leave the decision to the rest of you who own this add-on.
If many of you want this feature I'll implement it. Same with the time selection.

Is anyone interested in having the Auto Response reply to existing conversations?
If your Auto Response is active, it will send out the message upon the conversation receiving a reply.
This message will only be sent once (upon the first reply) per conversation while the Auto Response remains active.

The Mod Away Auto Response will still only apply to new or unanswered conversations.

Syndol updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

Version 1.1.1

What's new:
  • Individual active Auto Responses will now be sent upon the first reply to an existing conversation.
  • Added an option to have the Participant Groups drop-down menu available when inviting more members to an existing conversation.
Upgrade Instructions:
  1. Upload the folder 'Upload/library/ConvEss/' to your server, overwriting the old one
  2. There is one template edit that needs doing. If you have TMS installed then please skip this step. Otherwise, open...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: MrC
Would a 'Kick' link here look alright? It will open a confirmation overlay:
Conversation_Kick.webp

Would a 'Kick' link here look alright? It will open a confirmation overlay:
View attachment 30753
Yeah, I kind of like that.

Have you figured out how to handle the what happens to the user post-kick? Will they see any of the message? Up to where they were kicked? Just curious. Personally I think if a user gets kicked from a conversation they should no longer have access to the entire conversation, but that's just me.

Thanks!

Top Bottom