Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Xon updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

Feature & Maintenance Update

Migration instructions to retain likes/search:
  • Install Conversation Improvements (free)
  • Install Conversation Essentials
  • Wait for migration tasks to finish.
  • Reindex conversations/conversation messages in search.

Changes/bugfixes:
  • Improved extendibility of Conversation Essentials add-on, and fixed compatibility issues with Conversation Improvements
    • Recommend...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Xon what is exact procedure to upgrade this addon?
Should I install also Conversation Improvements? If yes, should I install before or after upgrading Conversation Essentials?

@Xon what is exact procedure to upgrade this addon?
Should I install also Conversation Improvements? If yes, should I install before or after upgrading Conversation Essentials?
Per the instructions in the update;
Migration instructions to retain likes/search:
  • Install Conversation Improvements (free)
  • Install Conversation Essentials
  • Wait for migration tasks to finish.
  • Reindex conversations/conversation messages in search.

It will take a little time, as it has to delete the old search data, and transform the Likes into a different format

@Xon: Is it safe to assume that installing Conversation Improvements is optional (knowing the search/likes would be removed) and that it's something that could be easily installed post-upgrade of Conversation Essentials?

And was pruning conversations removed? I no longer see it in the feature list.

Last edited:
Per the instructions in the update;

It will take a little time, as it has to delete the old search data, and transform the Likes into a different format
Ok, first install Conversation Improvements and then upgrade Conversation Essentials

Reactions: Xon
@Xon: Is it safe to assume that installing Conversation Improvements is optional (knowing the search/likes would be removed) and that it's something that could be easily installed post-upgrade of Conversation Essentials?
Correct. Just be aware there might be some functionality which unexpectedly depends on Conversation Improvements and might error without it available. I'll patch those as they are reported.

And was pruning conversations removed? I no longer see it in the feature list.
I don't think it was added to the main feature list, but it is still there. I'll add it back

Upgraded this with the instructions, then had to disable it and improvements mod as it's causing page errors. Is it compatible with post ratings add-on compatibility add-on? I disabled that anyway too before upgrade. Tried re-uploading files etc no luck.

Code:
TypeError: Argument 1 passed to SV_ConvEss_XenForo_Model_Conversation::processLastReadDate() must be of the type array, null given, called in /forum/library/SV/ConvEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php on line 557 - library/SV/ConvEss/XenForo/Model/Conversation.php:3582
Generated By: ***, 6 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /forum/library/SV/ConvEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php(557): SV_ConvEss_XenForo_Model_Conversation->processLastReadDate(NULL, NULL)
#1 /forum/library/SV/ConversationImprovements/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php(160): SV_ConvEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionView()
#2 /forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): SV_ConversationImprovements_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionView()
#3 /forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(51) "http://forum.xxxxx.com/conversations/yes.17019/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/conversations/yes_17019/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: recipients - library/SV/ConvEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php:555
Generated By: ***, 8 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /forum/library/SV/ConvEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php(555): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/mdisk2/ggforum...', 555, Array)
#1 /forum/library/SV/ConversationImprovements/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php(160): SV_ConvEss_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionView()
#2 /forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): SV_ConversationImprovements_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionView()
#3 /forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(51) "http://forum.xxxxxxx.com/conversations/yes.17019/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: conversation - library/SV/ConvEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php:554
Generated By: xxxx, 9 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /forum/library/SV/ConvEss/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php(554): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/mdisk2/ggforum...', 554, Array)
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(51) "http://forum.xxxxx/conversations/yes.17019/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

@D.O.A.

Could you PM me what version of XenForo you are using and a list of add-ons?

I'll work on fixing those errors. Apologies.

Upgraded this with the instructions, then had to disable it and improvements mod as it's causing page errors. Is it compatible with post ratings add-on compatibility add-on? I disabled that anyway too before upgrade. Tried re-uploading files etc no luck.
Yes, it is compatible.

I'm a bit confused. I am receiving emails telling me to upgrade, but when I go to my account its says licence expired. I have a payment receipt for $45 dated May 2016, so how long does this last for?

The whole thing is very confusing to me as when I bought this originally I think it was only $25 and there was no mention of licenses expiring. It is incredibly expensive for us as we are a non-profit organisation, and only ever need one small feature of this addon which is the inbox limit.

So can I get the upgrade I am asked to get in the emails or not?

@Mr Lucky apologies for the confusion, looks like some licence details didn't transfer over when I took over the add-on.

I'm a bit confused. I am receiving emails telling me to upgrade, but when I go to my account its says licence expired. I have a payment receipt for $45 dated May 2016, so how long does this last for?
There records I had indicated the renewal period ending in 2015 with no record of the payment in 2016.

The renewal price is $25 per year, if you did pay $45 for a renewal I'll extend it out to 2 years. Can you PM me the payment receipt details? In the mean time I've extended the subscription expiry out a year.

Regards

@Xon, can we have a small notice on conversation page warning users about pruning if option is enabled?

All conversations older than X days will be deleted.

Thanks!
Fyi, you can do this with the notice system and target the XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation controller.

I'm in trouble with addon update

Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected '>' - library/SV/ConvEss/XenForo/Model/Conversation.php:97

Code:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Code:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(48) "https://xxxxxxxx/community/conversations/"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Top Bottom