Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
I don't see an option to lock conversations that I have not started. Am I missing it?
You need to use 2 or 3 permissions.

The user side:
  • 'Edit Own Conversation' allows users to lock/unlock their own conversations (and edit the title).
Moderator side
  • ''Manage Conversations by anyone' (actually from Conversation Improvements) - lets anyone with that permission edit the conversation
  • 'Can kick participants from own conversations' - kick a user from the conversation.
I may need to split out an explicit 'lock/unlock' conversation permission.

Xon updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

1.12.9 - Bugfix update

• Allow, Conversation Improvements, search to be fully disabled.
    • Disables search tab and various quick search options.
    • Correct disables conversations or conversation messages being indexed.
      • Note; the conversation/conversation message types remain in the rebuild cache options.
      • Need to delete the index to remote conversation/conversation message from the search index.
If you just want the profile page, 'Recent Activity' or Postings'...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Why would you say this?
I don't really want to install addon that allows to read conversations of others. But inbox size handling with proper notifications is what missing in XF. It would be great to have light version with mentioned functionality. That's why "Bad." for "No."
You do know that there is a permission setting in the ACP under the default XF permission sets that limits the inbox size, right?
No. And I failed to find info how could I limit inbox by means of XF itself. Would you pls tell how? How forum members will be notified about space left?

Yup, the Icewind one looks like it does what you want (sort of) but that one does allow reading of conversations, if the permission is set.

I don't really want to install addon that allows to read conversations of others. But inbox size handling with proper notifications is what missing in XF. It would be great to have light version with mentioned functionality. That's why "Bad." for "No."
This add-on allows limiting users to a maximum number of conversations or conversation messages. But you have to buy the entire add-on, it really isn't that expensive.

Ok, I've just replaced the ZIP file rather than push an entire new release. If the version you download & install is 1.12.9 after installing, be aware the fix has installed but the version id hasn't been incremented.

Reactions: ENF
Top Bottom