Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
I have Conversation Improvements installed but searching conversations is turned off – does that mean messages aren't indexed at all, or are they indexed anyway but the actual search option doesn't show? (If it's the latter, then I may as well turn on searching, but I'll save the diskspace if I can.)

Is there anything in either add-on (or even bookmarks/aggregating forums/tag essentials) that could be limiting Elastic Search to displaying 100 entries when it should be displaying 200? I just want to make sure I'm not missing a setting somewhere.

I have Conversation Improvements installed but searching conversations is turned off – does that mean messages aren't indexed at all, or are they indexed anyway but the actual search option doesn't show? (If it's the latter, then I may as well turn on searching, but I'll save the diskspace if I can.)
Not indexed at all. Well, shouldn't be indexed at all.

Is there anything in either add-on (or even bookmarks/aggregating forums/tag essentials) that could be limiting Elastic Search to displaying 100 entries when it should be displaying 200? I just want to make sure I'm not missing a setting somewhere.
Do you have my Enhanced Search Improvements add-on? It has the option "Log Search DSL", which you can use to dump the JSON query just before it is sent to elastic search.

Then you execute the search yourself and see what content is returned (PM me this info). The alternative is to dump the xf_search results so I can help diagnose what is causing the issue.

The first just requires TCP access to the elastic search port, and 2nd requires MySQL access.

Does anyone also have a problem with the conversation filters? It doesn't work (at all) in my forum. At least it doesn't work anymore, i know it worked a couple of time (before i updated to the new version) ago.

I've just done an upgrade from 1.11.3 to 1.12.12 including installing Conversation Improvements and following the Migration Instructions to retain likes/search.

My previously liked conversation messages have the option to 'Unlike' them, but they are missing the 'You like this' box underneath.

The box appears on newly liked messages and is retained when navigating away from the conversation, but how can I make the 'You like this' box appear again for previously liked messages?

I saw an earlier message about the Post Ratings add-on conflicting, but I don't have that installed.

@Beanjam please ensure the migration task has run to completion it can take a while! I can't remember if it will show up as a pending task to be completed in the UI or not sorry.

If the table 'convess_message_likes' exists, the migration task will be kicked off in the background when you update/install Conversation Essentials if you want to attempt to restart it.

@Beanjam please ensure the migration task has run to completion it can take a while! I can't remember if it will show up as a pending task to be completed in the UI or not sorry.

If the table 'convess_message_likes' exists, the migration task will be kicked off in the background when you update/install Conversation Essentials if you want to attempt to restart it.

I don't have that table, does that mean the migration task has now finished?

Also, where do you prefer support requests like go through? I'm on your Atelier Aphelion site but all I can see is for reporting bugs, no support ticketing.

I don't have that table, does that mean the migration task has now finished?
It should have finished then. Can you check to see if all the template modifications for the Conversation Improvement add-on are applying?

Also, where do you prefer support requests like go through? I'm on your Atelier Aphelion site but all I can see is for reporting bugs, no support ticketing.
For indepth support, my site is preferable either in the private bug reports forum or via PM.

It should have finished then. Can you check to see if all the template modifications for the Conversation Improvement add-on are applying?

All look ok, apart from failed matches for message Workaround for buggy Post Ratings.

I've reindexed/rebuilt conversations/conversation messages again.

When the forum is quieter tonight I'll take it offline and disable every other add-on to check for conflicts. I'll PM you on your forum after I've done that.

Reactions: Xon
Are conversations indexed if you don't have conversation improvements installed?

This option is auto selected with essentials add-on:

Conversations Searchable
Do you want conversation messages to be indexed and searchable? If you don't use ElasticSearch, it's recommended to rebuild your entire search index after changing this option.

Xon updated Conversation Essentials with a new update entry:

Bugfix update

• The original Like conversion code was buggy, this resulted in messages missing the "you liked" bar or showing the number of likes. This update ensures all previous likes converted from Conversation Essentials to Conversation Improvements are fixed up. This will take some time, but only works on Liked conversation messages.
    • The like data wasn't lost, it just wouldn't display properly

Read the rest of this update entry...

Searchable conversations require conversation improvements. I'll update the text description for this.

So conversations are only indexed when conversation improvements is installed? Or does essentials add-on do the indexing?

Als there is an extra permission to edit conversations? This is already on xenforo as you stated, but both can be left on?

And 1 final question :p When i purchased the add-on, there was an extra option you could select to install, wat is the purpose of it? (Install to support Post Ratings & Conversation Essentials minor UI integration).

Last edited:
So conversations are only indexed when conversation improvements is installed? Or does essentials add-on do the indexing?

Als there is an extra permission to edit conversations? This is already on xenforo as you stated, but both can be left on?
Conversation Improvements is what does the indexing, and adds some conversation permissions. This add-on also adds some more permissions.

Both add-ons (Conversation Essentials & Conversation Improvements) are designed to work together.

And 1 final question :p When i purchased the add-on, there was an extra option you could select to install, wat is the purpose of it? (Install to support Post Ratings & Conversation Essentials minor UI integration).
It only matters if you have Post Ratings installed.

Could it be that conversation last read date is not working?

Checked it multiple times and nobody can see last read date of others in conversation. Checked in registered group they can and also keep it private. Checked with accounts that have not deselected the private option. Only can see it when given bypass read date permission.

Option to delete conversations is also not working.
This was (mostly) removed before I took over the add-on, I'll fully remove it since the code has issues.

Could it be that conversation last read date is not working?

Checked it multiple times and nobody can see last read date of others in conversation. Checked in registered group they can and also keep it private. Checked with accounts that have not deselected the private option. Only can see it when given bypass read date permission.
This is a bit tricky as you need to globally enable it and then ensure permissions are correct. Please ensure you have the latest version installed, since there are a couple of versions where it defaults to never allowing anyone to see it.

Top Bottom