Conversation Essentials

Conversation Essentials [Paid] 1.14.1

No permission to buy ($45.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
Request Support of custom style UI.X
I use a custom style UI.X from audentiodesign.com. Can you please add support for this style? I would bet it's clearly the most used custom style since many months.

I would like to have all the Template Modifications of this addon working also for UI.X. In example in the new update:

Ability to mark all conversations read
  • This link is visible in the sub navigation menu, only if the user has unread messages.
I don't have any of these links on the ride side visible in my sub navigation menu in UI.X. I have only 3 links on the left side of the sub navigation bar. When I look into TM's, i see it can't be applied to UI.X.

@Audentio could you tell me what lines these would be comparable to in your theme?

Code:
<ul class="secondaryContent blockLinksList">
                <li><a href="{xen:link conversations}">{xen:phrase conversations}</a></li>

Regarding last update feature:
Permissions for editing/locking conversations (edit any conversation, edit own conversation).
the permission "Edit own messages" (phrase: permission_conversation_editOwnPost) still exists on my board and is probably a xf core oder an existing ConvEss addon permission? so at the moment i have two permissions for the same function.

The second permission "Edit post by anyone" is also existing on my board (phrase: permission_conversation_editAnyPost). So I have also here two permissions for the same function.

I used both permissions since a year or more in my board. I don't know if it's a feature from XF Core, ConvEss or an other addon.

Can you please clarify if this is probably an issue in ConvEss?

Last edited:
In permissions:

Under "Personal Conversation Permissions": "Edit own messages" Controls the ability to edit your own conversation message. -- Default XenForo Feature

Under "Personal Conversation Moderator Permissions": "Edit own conversations:" controls the ability to edit the title of the conversation along with locking/unlocking.

Ah, now I understand. One permission is for editing the conversation post, the other for editing the conversation title/locking/etc.

Thank you for clarifying.

Then I suggest you to move the permission "Edit own conversations" from permission category "Personal Conversation Moderator Permissions" into "Personal Conversation Permissions". This would help to understand the perms logic. Because whole xf perms logic is selfediting = normal perms and "edit other one things" = moderator perms.

@Syndol this seems to be a pretty extensive add-on with lots of features. However, it is possible to turn on/off each feature independent of one another?

The reason I ask is because I just received an email that @borbole (who made an inbox limit) sold out to *******, a company/individual that I have no respect for nor desire to run any add-ons from him/them. That said I will be looking for a replacement once the old borbole code no longer works with XF.

@Syndol this seems to be a pretty extensive add-on with lots of features. However, it is possible to turn on/off each feature independent of one another?

The reason I ask is because I just received an email that @borbole (who made an inbox limit) sold out to *******, a company/individual that I have no respect for nor desire to run any add-ons from him/them. That said I will be looking for a replacement once the old borbole code no longer works with XF.
I took over this add on, along with a few others from Syndol in August of last year. He's unlikely to respond, I will though :).

While you cannot actually turn each feature off, most of the functionality can be disabled either with options or permissions. If there's something you don't want to use, just stop the user from having permission. If you could make a more specific list of which functions you would want turned off, let me know and I'll tell you if it's an option and/or permission.

I have Conversation Essentials and am only using one feature, the inbox limit. My problem is that this addon is no longer managed by syndol, it is managed by Daniel Hood and you now have to pay annually for the licence, which is something i don't want to do as I only use a very small part of the addon and don't need new features.

So I'm looking for a replacement that is just an inbox limit. I just found this which might do the trick:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/icewind-conversation-tools.2882/

I don't know the developer though or how good the support is as its free.

What would be ideal though for me would be a kind of Conversation Essentials Lite. - I don't mind paying for the good support, just not a lot of money annually for features I'm not using.

got it. thanks. installing....
---
Edit: Great, addon, works smoothly , great assistance, everything perfect here.
Good Job Daniel! Thank you so much and good luck with sales!
10000% recommended!
(y)

Last edited:
Sounds like a template conflict. What theme are you using?
I got it. It is a conflict with the permissions. The useraccount inherites the rights from the secondary usergroup it belongs to. The default is unlimited. imho it is not a good solution to overwrite the rights of the primary group.

Have both moderator and admin accounts no limit? Changing the max number of conversations does not change anything.

@Daniel Hood
A feature request:

I'd like the ability to turn off the feature where the other participant is informed if you have left a conversation permanently (i.e. "Ignore Future Messages").

Preferably as a user group permission. But even a general toggle to turn it off from everyone would be better than nothing.

There are some scenarios where it's best if the other one in the conversation does not know you have left the conversation permanently... With this addon, this is currently impossible, as there is no toggle to turn this off.

Top Bottom