Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
So that's part of the officially supported upgrade path for Xon's addon?

Or it's using other unsupported (by Xon) code to get around the fact that there is currently no official upgrade path? I thought it was the latter, apologies if not.

Like I said myself I don't agree with it either. But regardless you saw @Xon mention that it would work when he responded. If they want to risk these measures then I disagree as well but that still doesn't mean they can't ask for support considering how @Xon responded saying it would work

So that's part of the officially supported upgrade path for Xon's addon?

This is nothing to do with upgrading Contentb ratings. It's regarding disabling content ratings and just using core reactions.

The cache addon is actually nothing to do with upgrading CR.

I posted here because the error appears to reference the disabled Content Ratings. Xon had specifically advised running a query that was in regard to an error, I'm not sure whether it was this exact same error or not.

We should be able to disable an addon and ask for support for issues that appear to still be connected with the disabled addon. I will apologise to all if my errors are not related to this.

Fair enough. My feeling is that @Xon maybe feels obliged to support these "other" methods and I thought it was worth making it clear that some of us would rather he put his efforts into an official solution.

Fair enough. My feeling is that @Xon maybe feels obliged to support these "other" methods and I thought it was worth making it clear that some of us would rather he put his efforts into an official solution.

I agree just don't know exactly what he's been intending to do or if he had a release planned even if it was a month from now. I was hoping he might make an importer and just hold the release off since I'm sure it would require much more coding then an importer to reactions. That in my opinion would be an idea, then you could still use the add-on after the update was finished. Just my idea

Regardless I intend to continue using the add-on. Just have to finish the wait which isn't a problem as long as it isn't an impossibly long time

I was hoping he might make an importer and just hold the release off since I'm sure it would require much more coding then an importer to reactions. That in my opinion would be an idea, then you could still use the add-on after the update was finished. Just my idea

This is exactly the way it is now. Version 1.3 was basically the importer because it maps the ratings to the same locations as reactions, once you disable all your ratings are imported into Xenforo reactions. A couple of manual tweaks and cache rebuilds and that's it.

Regardless I intend to continue using the add-on. Just have to finish the wait which isn't a problem as long as it isn't an impossibly long time

I was half hoping to be able to switch to the core reactions system after upgrading, but considering it's still long press for reactions on mobile instead of tap to show the menu, I think I'm going to have to keep using a third party solution because the stock mobile system is a less usable experience overall, and annoyingly buggy on force touch iPhones.

I was half hoping to be able to switch to the core reactions system after upgrading, but considering it's still long press for reactions on mobile instead of tap to show the menu, I think I'm going to have to keep using a third party solution because the stock mobile system is a less usable experience overall, and annoyingly buggy on force touch iPhones.

My main reason for wanting to continue with @Xon 's addon myself is the "amount given" feature and the ratings showing up on profiles when you click the number. I noticed the stock version doesn't show the rating types and counts for each one on the profile. Also I want to be able to see the given amount as well, something that content ratings has

I just noticed, the import could be even simpler because maybe it will work without the other addon. Just use the default rebuild reactions score cache (it takes an hour to totally update everything)

[EDIT: I can confirm the AndyB addon is needed in order to correctly see the rated/reacted under a post, otherwise tit may just show only likes and not always the name of the user]

Last edited:
I just noticed, the import is even simpler because it seems to work without the other addon. Just use the default rebuild reactions score cache (it takes an hour to totally update everything)

How would you know this? Are you sure? I want to update my site badly. But your positive it doesn't update right away but if you use "rebuild reactions score" caching option it will update in an hour? Are you positive?

I just noticed, the import is even simpler because it seems to work without the other addon. Just use the default rebuild reactions score cache (it takes an hour to totally update everything)

Did you have the add-on disabled while they were imported? You had it disabled since before the upgrade and also afterwords still disabled and they were imported by rebuilding the score? That doesn't really click with me or make sense. Can you explain

How would you know this? Are you sure? I want to update my site badly. But your positive it doesn't update right away but if you use "rebuild reactions score" caching option it will update in an hour? Are you positive?

I've done about 6 tests now, I would not recommend you do this without a test first.

I was confused for a while because of the time lag, but Chris said that is normal unless you disable the cache temporarily

See here:

But yes, I think Xon has done something great with 1.3 that many of us didn't actually notice.

The content ratings are already there as reactions when you upgrade (after disabling CR)
You will see all your old ratings as reactions, but must check the scores type are correct (all mine imported as neutral)
Check your profile ratings given
You must rebuild Reaction score cache and check Notable Members top 5 reaction score, both in the list and when you click into the user details. They should be the addition of all reactions with score points and should be the same, if not it is the cache and runs every 60 minutes.

I've done about 6 tests now, I would not recommend you do this without a test first.

I was confused for a while because of the time lag, but Chris said that is normal unless you disable the cache temporarily

See here:

But yes, I think Xon has done something great with 1.3 that many of us didn't actually notice.

The content ratings are already there as reactions when you upgrade (after disabling CR)
You will see all your old ratings as reactions, but must check the scores type are correct (all mine imported as neutral)
Check your profile ratings given
You must rebuild Reaction score cache and check Notable Members top 5 reaction score, both in the list and when you click into the user details. They should be the addition of all reactions with score points and should be the same, if not it is the cache and runs every 60 minutes.

But you were able to re-build the reaction score cache without andy b's addon? Also when you say imported as neutral do you mean it's impossible for them to be positive again and still have the amount shown for positive? Last is the notable member issue the only problem that occurred? And this is without using andy b's addon and simply rebuilding the reaction score? I would like to know and make sure that Andy B's addon was not needed because with respect to members that don't want to take this approach I think it's a good idea

But you were able to re-build the reaction score cache without andy b's addon?
Yes, the last time I did it it. I used the addon previous times because somebody said to.
[EDIT: I can confirm the AndyB addon is needed in order to correctly see the rated/reacted under a post, otherwise tit may just show only likes and not always the name of the user]
Also when you say imported as neutral do you mean it's impossible for them to be positive again and still have the amount shown for positive?
No, once you change the neutrals to positive you will get the correct reaction score
Last is the notable member issue the only problem that occurred?
It wasn't really a problem, because rebuilding the cache fixes it
And this is without using andy b's addon and simply rebuilding the reaction score?
Yes.

Last edited:
Yes, the last time I did it it. I used the addon previous times because somebody said to.

No, once you change the neutrals to positive you will get the correct reaction score

It wasn't really a problem, because rebuilding the cache fixes it

Yes.

Somehow I love you! I responded to your thread about the reaction on profiles with what I believe to be the working code though it's untested and possibly might not work. It works for targeting visitors profile page tab "medals" with my [bd] medal add-on. It should produce the same effect for the reactions

lets all be realistic here. as the only good developer left on xenforo there's a better than average chance that xon will be hired by, and working for, xenforo. and then at that point we'll all just be waiting until it folded into the core.

Reactions have imported successfully on my end. Wanted to say that since @Rambro responded. I'm still working on the upgrade but got all my add-ons upgraded and reactions worked. You just need to change them to positive before running the reaction score cache rebuild. Something @Mr Lucky failed to mention. However I figured that out myself. Even notable members works. Everything seems to work for the most part. I think I'm going to switch to theme houses new reaction add-on to be honest. Only because I have 1 year for free and there's no telling when a new one will be released.

You just need to change them to positive before running the reaction score cache rebuild. Something @Mr Lucky failed to mention.

This seems to be good order of doing things

• Disable Content ratings before upgrade
  • Run SQL command delete from xf_news_feed where content_type = 'post' and action = 'rating'
  • ACP> Content> Reactions: Fix all reactions neutral/positive as necessary
  • Run AndyB addon Rebuild post reactions cache
  • Run xenforo cache Rebuild reaction score

Hah I can't read and also have a bad memory. At least I figured it out but looks like you did mention. :D Wasn't paying attention haha

Top Bottom