Content Ratings

Content Ratings [Paid] 2.7.6

No permission to buy ($35.00)
How would you know this? Are you sure?
I am not totally sure whether or not you need to rebuild both the xenforo reactions score cache and the cache with Andy B addon (have edited my post above to make it clear it is not definitely the case. But either way no harm in both - belt and braces. Always test on a test site first.

[EDIT: I can confirm the AndyB addon is needed in order to correctly see the rated/reacted under a post, otherwise tit may just show only likes and not always the name of the user]

Last edited:
I am not totally sure whether or not you need to rebuild both the xenforo reactions score cache and the cache with Andy B addon, but no harm in both - belt and braces. Always test on a test site first.

If anyone attempts it just make tons of backups like I did. That means the home directory as well. Cpanel has this new neat feature where you can restore chosen specific directories from backups that are already set on the machine. It's a very nice feature. Anyways with respect to Andy B it's not my belief his add-on is the reason it worked for you as it worked for me without an issue and I didn't use it

I think that if you don't run Andy's add-on, reactions given before the upgrade to 2.1 won't be visible outside of the account that gave them.

No, can you see the reactions that you have given to other members on posts before the upgrade to 2.1 when viewing the site as a guest or from another account?

Sorry for the late reply. My site is 100% upgraded and font awesome and everything upgraded. I'm very happy right now.

You are right. What andy b's addon does is rebuild the cache that shows the username who reacted under the post for previous posts. Instead for me it says "1 person or 3 persons liked this post".

Question. Since this is just a caching issue I believe it will fix itself within the next few days? Correct? It doesn't need to be immediate for something like that on my end. As long as the reaction counts and reactions are there. Besides I'm going to install reactions plus soon anyhow so that might fix it I assume regardless

Question. Since this is just a caching issue I believe it will fix itself within the next few days? Correct?
Incorrect. The only way to fix it would be to go back and manually unreact and re-react to every post from before the upgrade to 2.1, or run the rebuild provided by Andy's add-on.

Incorrect. The only way to fix it would be to go back and manually unreact and re-react to every post from before the upgrade to 2.1, or run the rebuild provided by Andy's add-on.

That goes against the definition of "caching". Besides I'm not too worried about it anyway as you can see it on new posts. Plus when I go to reactions plus it may fix it anyways. They have a rebuild option similar to addy bs addon. That's probably going to be what does it anyways. I'll just use the rebuild option they have.

Yeah for anyone wondering themehouse now has a rebuild tool in there reaction plus add-on. If you have ever owned a license to their old reactions add-on -> you have a free license to reactions plus waiting on you at their site. I used their rebuild tool and it fixed all the old content types that weren't showing the specific person who liked the post. (instead of person 1 liked, person 2 liked... etc). I'm done posting in this thread. Sorry if I've overdone it. I just have a feeling someones going to try this and I want to make sure they do it right. It doesn't matter what order you use the content rebuild tool in whether it be andys or themehouses and if you use it after you follow the steps above. Just be sure to make proper backups. Either way will work.

@Xon I received a server error this morning for the news feed that has to do with profile ratings/ profile comment ratings. I ran your database query to clear the ratings out of the news feed from posts themselves. But wondering if I need to do something else for ratings that originate from profile posts? I've had your add-on uninstalled for a while now. The error did not show any trace of content ratings though so not sure. It shows my theme creator Dohtheme and says its a template error. Here's the 2 errors

• ErrorException: Template error: Template public:news_feed_item_profile_post_rating is unknown
  • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:618

• Generated by: Unknown account
  • Mar 25, 2019 at 10:57 AM
Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Template public...', '/home/mmindpiff...', 618, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(618): trigger_error('Template public...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(566): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('public', 'news_feed_item_...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1300): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateCode('public', 'news_feed_item_...')
#4 src/XF/NewsFeed/AbstractHandler.php(102): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('news_feed_item_...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Entity/NewsFeed.php(79): XF\NewsFeed\AbstractHandler->render(Object(XF\Entity\NewsFeed))
#6 [internal function]: XF\Entity\NewsFeed->render()
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(985): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s36/public/news_feed_macros.php(34): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(XF\Entity\NewsFeed), 'render', Array)
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(DohTheme\Core\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#10 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s36/public/news_feed_macros.php(14): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('news_feed_macro...', 'feed_item', Array, Array)
#11 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(DohTheme\Core\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#12 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s36/public/member_latest_activity.php(34): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('news_feed_macro...', 'feed_row', Array, Array)
#13 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1301): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(DohTheme\Core\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#14 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('member_latest_a...', Array)
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(418): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Member\\Lates...', 'public:member_l...', Array)
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#18 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(360): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#19 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#20 src/XF/App.php(2177): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#21 src/XF.php(390): XF\App->run()
#22 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#23 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
["url"] => string(49) "/members/laifot.67/latest-activity?before_id=2896"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["before_id"] => string(4) "2896"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

• ErrorException: Template error: Template public:news_feed_item_profile_post_comment_rating is unknown

Stack trace

#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Template public...', '/home/mmindpiff...', 618, Array)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(566): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateData('public', 'news_feed_item_...')
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1300): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateCode('public', 'news_feed_item_...')
#4 src/XF/NewsFeed/AbstractHandler.php(102): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('news_feed_item_...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Entity/NewsFeed.php(79): XF\NewsFeed\AbstractHandler->render(Object(XF\Entity\NewsFeed))
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s36/public/news_feed_macros.php(34): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(XF\Entity\NewsFeed), 'render', Array)
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(DohTheme\Core\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#10 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s36/public/news_feed_macros.php(14): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('news_feed_macro...', 'feed_item', Array, Array)
#11 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(DohTheme\Core\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#12 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s36/public/member_latest_activity.php(34): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('news_feed_macro...', 'feed_row', Array, Array)
#13 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1301): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(DohTheme\Core\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#14 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('member_latest_a...', Array)
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(418): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Member\\Lates...', 'public:member_l...', Array)
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#18 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(360): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#19 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(53): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#23 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
["_GET"] => array(1) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

@Xon I received a server error this morning for the news feed that has to do with profile ratings/ profile comment ratings. I ran your database query to clear the ratings out of the news feed from posts themselves. But wondering if I need to do something else for ratings that originate from profile posts? I've had your add-on uninstalled for a while now. The error did not show any trace of content ratings though so not sure. It shows my theme creator Dohtheme and says its a template error. Here's the 2 errors

• ErrorException: Template error: Template public:news_feed_item_profile_post_rating is unknown

Stack trace

#23 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
["_GET"] => array(1) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

• ErrorException: Template error: Template public:news_feed_item_profile_post_comment_rating is unknown

Stack trace

#23 {main}

Request state

array(4) {
["_GET"] => array(1) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
These queries should help (specifically the profile_post and profile_post_comment ones);
SQL:
delete from xf_news_feed where content_type = 'post' and action = 'rating';
delete from xf_news_feed where content_type = 'profile_post' and action = 'rating';
delete from xf_news_feed where content_type = 'profile_post_comment' and action = 'rating';
delete from xf_user_alert where  depends_on_addon_id = 'SV/ContentRatings';

These queries should help (specifically the profile_post and profile_post_comment ones);
SQL:
delete from xf_news_feed where content_type = 'post' and action = 'rating';
delete from xf_news_feed where content_type = 'profile_post' and action = 'rating';
delete from xf_news_feed where content_type = 'profile_post_comment' and action = 'rating';
delete from xf_user_alert where  depends_on_addon_id = 'SV/ContentRatings';

Thank you @Xon you are the best. When you release the update let me know I will probably start using yours again granted it's got more features than Ratings Plus. Which tbh the features aren't very many. If you made reaction essentials where given amounts could show and ratings on the profile page/post bit linking to the actual ratings you would get more customers than them I believe. So far you can't even see the reactions on profiles or the post bit when clicking the number. Also no given amounts either. Anyways thank you

I made the mistake without checking if this addon was supported first, and upgraded to 2.1.

I had an older version of content ratings, but since upgraded to the newest after doing the 2.1 xenforo upgrade.

This addon is probably the most important one I run on my forum. Right now the reactions have imported the ratings, but I've had to fix a few things here and there and remove a few which had permissions set only for moderators as there is no permission option with the built in reactions.

The problem I have is that the current ratings have all been lost on all posts on the forum and the only thing showing is likes by anyone, but that was rarely used.

I'm tried a few things, such as this:

• Disable Content ratings before upgrade
  • Run SQL command delete from xf_news_feed where content_type = 'post' and action = 'rating'
  • ACP> Content> Reactions: Fix all reactions neutral/positive as necessary
  • Run AndyB addon Rebuild post reactions cache
  • Run xenforo cache Rebuild reaction score

But that hasn't updated the rating/reaction count of the ones I already had setup.

Any advice?

Were you on Content Ratings 1.3.x before you upgraded? Did you make sure the 'All' option box was checked before running Andy's add-on?
I can't remember what version it was, but I think it may have been below 1.3. First first run I didn't, but the second I did have All checked with Andry's addon.

The problem I have is that the current ratings have all been lost on all posts on the forum and the only thing showing is likes by anyone, but that was rarely used.

Any advice?

If andy Bs add-on isn't working and you have a subscription to themehouse or used to own [th] reactions they have a re-build tool that worked for me on their new [th] reactions plus add-on. You get a year free if you used to own their old reaction add-on.

I don't use Andy b's add-on and wouldn't know if it even works but as long as the counts show (which none of the add-ons should change if you moved them them to positive and rebuilt the built in reaction count) then the only issue is getting it to show the name of the user who liked the post? I'm assuming that's what you mean. If so that's the only use case for andy b's add-on or reactions plus rebuild addition. And those should clear that issue up. So if andy b's add-on isn't working you can try themehouse if you have a way to get their add-on. Though according to everyone else andy b's add-on should be enough.

Strange its not working for you. I assume the counts still showed after moving them to positive and rebuilding the counts with the built in xenforo 2 count rebuild tool?

as long as the counts show
All ratings/reactions have disappeared from all posts. The only thing showing on posts are likes, and people rarely used the like rating, as there were a lot of other choices. The issue is that nothing is showing except like ratings, which most posts don't have any. So it's like a blank slate.

I assume the counts still showed after moving them to positive and rebuilding the counts with the built in xenforo 2 count rebuild tool?
No.

On the members menu page, it seems that the numbers/totals are still the same as before, in terms of the count there, if that's what you meant. But that's not really important in comparison to losing all the ratings on every single post.

and you have a subscription to themehouse
No subscription, I never used that addon.

Top Bottom