Chat 2 by Siropu

Chat 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€29.99)
How can i display the number of unread private conversations in the bottom chat bar of All Pages?
1606317988192.webp

I want the 0 to display the number of unread private conversations, not chatters

Also, is there a way to change the background color of unread private conversations until they are viewed so that users know which ones are unread? And possibly move them to the top?

@Siropu

I had tried a little while back to move the chat from my homepage to above the forums list, and ran into a problem with messages not appearing in the General Chat, so I just scrapped the idea at the time because I had other more important things to deal with. But today I tried the same thing on a local copy of the site and ran into the same problem. Tried everything I could think of, up to and including uninstalling and reinstalling the addon.

I only have two default chat groups, General Discussion and New Threads: if I create a new thread, it immediately shows up in the New Threads group like it's supposed to; but if I create a test post in General Discussion and hit submit, I see nothing. If I click the New Threads group next to it and then click back to General Discussion, then the posts show in the discussion group and remain visible. However, if I refresh the page or click to another part of the site and then back, the posts have disappeared again.

Everything works normally if call the widget from the homepage.

This seems like it would be some kind of caching issue, but I'm not sure why an uninstall and reinstall wouldn't be sufficient to get around whatever the issue is....?

EDIT: Okay, this might just be an addon conflict issue. Even though I've seen no errors, after disabling all addon's and reenabling only the chat, the problem has gone away.

Last edited:
@Siropu @XFA

Ayep, the problem immediately returns (see directly above) if I enable this addon:

Hopefully it's possible for one of you to resolve it.

This is a great add-on, love it!

Only question is, how do you remove the paragraph format and horizonal line option from the BB code options? As there is no option in the settings to do it. Does anyone know how to remove them please?

Thanks

I bought it yesterday, as well, and put it live today. So far, so good. The chat line at the bottom of the general forum and beeping is a bit distracting, but I'm sure I'll figure out soon if that is something I can toggle off.

So far it looks like a solid product, much like Siropu Ads Manager 2.

Reactions: Maa
I have noticed one slight bug:
- If this add-on is used as a chatbox itself, if you kick someone, you are unable to add them back? Unless you reset joined rooms.

I am using this as a chatbox rather than have separate rooms.

A fantastic add-on though. Love it!

Users from smartphones are not able to give reactions other than Like (first reaction), even if they hover their finger above the Like.
They can give only Likes. Is that a bug?
On a forum I'm visiting, I noticed the same thing. I can hover with a mouse when I am at a computer and get all the reactions, yet can only tap to get a like when it's on a phone or tablet. Normally, I think a long-press should bring up the additional reactions, but that doesn't work either.

This is a great add-on, love it!

Only question is, how do you remove the paragraph format and horizonal line option from the BB code options? As there is no option in the settings to do it. Does anyone know how to remove them please?

Thanks
You're going to want to go to /admin.php?button-manager/ .. and it's going to be one of the sizes, don't remember which. (Basically it's using xenforo's built in bb-code toolbar, so you want to use BB Code Button manager.

On a forum I'm visiting, I noticed the same thing. I can hover with a mouse when I am at a computer and get all the reactions, yet can only tap to get a like when it's on a phone or tablet. Normally, I think a long-press should bring up the additional reactions, but that doesn't work either.
Yes. exact the same issue.

Users from smartphones are not able to give reactions other than Like (first reaction), even if they hover their finger above the Like.
They can give only Likes. Is that a bug?

This is an issue with the editor, not the chat add-on. I can't hover or long-press in the editor in a new post in XenForo either.

You're going to want to go to /admin.php?button-manager/ .. and it's going to be one of the sizes, don't remember which. (Basically it's using xenforo's built in bb-code toolbar, so you want to use BB Code Button manager.
Thanks but I don't want to mess with that as it would mess with the entire board bbcode manager. It would be good do be permitted to disable it using the add-on settings.

Hello, great plugin. I purchased it. Only thing is there's an option for "Above Content" but unless I select "All Pages" the Disallowed pages box doesn't respect the URL's in it. What I want is to only show the chat above the content on (1) the main forum page, (2) the node pages and (3) the forum posts, nowhere else -- especially not on security pages, login, register, etc.. Could you add an option for that?

My current solution is via the css below but it's a headache constantly adding new pages as I find them

PHP:
/*hide chat on pages*/
body[data-template='login'] #siropuChat,
body[data-template='register_form'] #siropuChat,
body[data-template='help_index'] #siropuChat,
body[data-template='help_page'] #siropuChat,
body[data-template='contact_form'] #siropuChat,
body[data-template='account_alerts'] #siropuChat,
body[data-template='account_reactions'] #siropuChat,
body[data-template='account_bookmarks'] #siropuChat,
body[data-template='account_details'] #siropuChat,
body[data-template='account_security'] #siropuChat,