Calendar

Calendar 6.1

No permission to download
Question about this addon. I am looking to put a small Calendar on the right side of my forum and then when the user clicks on the date it will take them to larger calendar with the details on it.

can that be done with this plugin or does clicking the date take the user to a forum post?

It appears that only the person who created the thread can add something to the calendar. I've only allowed this permission on moderator-level accounts to limit spam, but there's no workaround for putting interesting events posted by members on the calendar aside from making them moderators temporarily, asking them to add the event, then disabling the moderator ability.

Is this something that can be changed or is it available already?

I would like to create a user group and give them permision to add/edit/remove their own calendar events (threads they started), but I don't want that group to be able to add/edit/remove calendar events from other users.

Is it possible to do that?

Hey there. After installing the calender on my 1.3.2 site, I do not see the calendar. all of correct tick boxes are ticked but I still do not see it? Any suggestions?

Is it possible to filter the events on the calendar by category or to have multiple calendars?

For example:
one calendar for sport events only;
another calendar for charity events;
another calendar for pool party events and so on...

One suggestion I would like to offer is to include two buttons at the bottom or top of the calendar to move to the next or previous month. The drop down method is so cumbersome and not well suited to browsing.

In addition, it would be nice to have the next month load once you scroll past the current month (ala pinterest/masonry style).

Great addon. Thanks!

Got one request. When someone submits a thread with a tour schedule (multiple dates, multiple cities) I would like to add these multiple dates but be able to change the subject, or be able to add the location.
In that way I can submit the place in the calendar in some way.

for some reason the calendar text link in my navigation menu has disappeared while it's still accessible https://community.centminmod.com/calendar

only thing I did recently was hide a calendar event that was shown on forum_list for an event happening on the day

happens on both 3.0 and 3.1

edit: okay it's because I added Google Analytics event tracking to the new post link that Calendar addon looks for ! what's best way to edit what Calendar looks for ?

Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow" onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'NavTextLinks', 'Click link', 'New Posts', 1, false]);">{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}</a></li>

Last edited:

I have a problem with the [HIDE] link. It points to the non-existant URL www.mysite.com/community/forums/-/calendar-hide

Where "www.mysite.com/community/" is the location of my Xenforo forums. I thought maybe the "forums" was a mistake, but removing that didn't fix things - any idea what the proper URL should be in this case? I found the file, and it would be easy to edit, if only I knew what to replace that line with.

Top Bottom