- Compatible XF 1.x versions
This add-on will create a fully integrated Calendar system based on thread information. Each calendar entry links back to the thread it was created from.
(Example of Calendar link - pic 1)
(Example of Calendar - pic 2)
(Example of optional Upcoming Calendar Events sidebar block - pic 3)
(Example of Thread Tools in thread view - pic 4)
(Example of calendar notice in thread view - pic 5)
(Example of calendar notice in thread list - pic 6)
(Example of Calendar Add - pic 7)
(Example of Calendar Remove - pic 8)
(Example of Options page - pic 9)
(Example of User Group Permissions - pic 10)
- Easy to see calendar format (pic 2).
- Option for three sidebar blocks (pic 3).
- Add or remove calendar dates directly from Thread Tools (pic 4).
- Thread view shows which calendar dates have been added (pic 5).
- Thread list shows which threads have calendar entries (pic 6).
- Calendar Add allows single or multiple date selection (pic 7).
- Calendar Remove will remove all calendar entries for that thread (pic 8).
- Full customization of holiday options.
- Thread view permissions honored.
- All phrases start with calendar_ for your convenience.
- Download calendar_v6.1.zip and unzip it
- Upload the Andy directory to your server, the correct location is library/Andy
- From your Admin Control Panel, go to the Install Add-on page
- Upload the addon-Calendar_v6.1.xml file
- Click the Install Add-on button
This add-on requires the Sidebar Positions add-on located here if you would like to view the Today's Calendar Events in the sidebar:
User Group Permissions:
This determines which user group will see the Calendar.
Calendar Add and Remove All
This allows adding and removing calendar events for any thread. Typically set to Allow for Administrative and Moderating user groups.
Calendar Add and Remove Own
This allows adding and removing calendar events for the thread starter. Typically set to Allow for the Registered user group.
Steps to add a new calendar entry:
- Create a new thread or navigate to existing thread.
- Click Thread Tools.
- Click Calendar Add.
- Select one or a range of dates. Hint hold the shift key to select a range of dates.
- Submit calender event.
If you would like change the dates that holiday's show, you will need to edit the following file:
- Creates a new table called xf_calendar
- Adds a column to xf_thread called calendar
Q: Will this work with the [bd] Widget Framework?
Q: Is there an option to sync this calendar to other calendars?
Sending a donation:
If you like this add-on, please consider sending a small donation.