Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
I have a widget "top posters today" for "forum_list" only but it is showing up on all pages along with other widgets which are set to "all." The ones set to "all" do not show up on forum index.

I have a Node #7 and using XenTag with specific tags for this node/forum. On this sidebar widget, I would like only tags from this forum appear on the side bar of only this node and not everywhere in Forum_view (for all forums/nodes).

Appreciate guidance on how to accomplish this.

After upgrading to 1.4.4 today, I am getting this error every few minutes.

ErrorException: Fatal Error: syntax error, unexpected '!' -library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(498) : runtime-created function:1
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 12:47 AM
How do I resolve this?

Anyone experienced this same issue. I am still getting errors about this every few minutes.

I have two questions (new to all this so bare with me :))

1) I have Taiga chat, but the taiga chat sidebar seems to stop my chat page from working. How would I go about hiding it from that page?

2) How to stop the sidebar showing on selected pages. I have xfsoccer, and require full width, so want to hide the sidebar on that app, how would I go about doing that?

Any help would be appreciated.

I am looking for a widget to list Most Active (posts) Users participating in a specific forum (node 7).
I would like this be displayed like below. Greatly appreciate your help!
upload_2015-1-29_17-51-55.webp

Attachments

• upload_2015-1-29_17-47-43.webp
    upload_2015-1-29_17-47-43.webp
    8.9 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
@xfrocks with Elastic Search, when I reindex with the delete existing index option, I get the following error dozens of times:
Server Error Log
Error Info
XenForo_Exception: Elasticsearch error: IndexMissingException[[xfavforums] missing] - library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php:845
Generated By: Unknown Account, Today at 10:17 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenES/Search/SourceHandler/ElasticSearch.php(305): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->_logSearchResponseError(Object(stdClass), true)
#1 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/Abstract.php(152): XenES_Search_SourceHandler_ElasticSearch->executeSearch('Connect |webcam...', true, Array, Array, 'thread', 5, Object(XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Post))
#2 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Search/Searcher.php(111): XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_Abstract->searchType(Object(XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Post), 'Connect |webcam...', Array, 'relevance', 1, 5)
#3 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XMWidgets/Threads/Similar.php(65): XenForo_Search_Searcher->searchType(Object(XenForo_Search_DataHandler_Post), 'Connect |webcam...', Array, 'relevance', 1, 5)
#4 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(683): XMWidgets_Threads_Similar->_render(Array, 'thread_view', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#5 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(397): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render(Array, 'thread_view', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Object(_WidgetFramework_ArrayOfString))
#6 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(316): WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor('thread_view', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
#7 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(126): WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor('thread_view', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#8 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render('thread_view', '\n\n\t\n\t\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#9 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#10 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'thread_view')
#11 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#12 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(123): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#13 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(618): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#14 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#15 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#16 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(75) "https://www.avforums.com/threads/connect-webcam-through-hdmi-input.1788260/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/threads/connect-webcam-through-hdmi-input_1788260/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
Once the index has been rebuilding a while, the errors stop. But it indicates that something is falling over when it can't get what it wants from Elastic.
Is this a problem with the widget framework?

How might I get widget Related Threads display in 2 columns?

Template: tinhte_xentag_widget_tagged_threads
Code:
<xen:if hascontent="true">
    <div class="avatarList">
        <ul>
            <xen:contentcheck>
                <xen:foreach loop="$threads" value="$thread">
                        <xen:comment>[bd] Widget Framework 2.3.5+</xen:comment>
                            <xen:include template="wf_widget_threads_thread_sidebar">
                                <xen:set var="$_secondRow">
                                    {xen:phrase wf_x_posted, 'user=<a href="{xen:link 'members', {$thread}}">{$thread.username}</a>'} <xen:datetime time="{$thread.post_date}" />
                                </xen:set>
                            </xen:include>
                        </xen:contentcheck>
                    <xen:else />
                        <xen:comment>Older version of [bd] Widget Framework...</xen:comment>
                        <li>
                            <xen:avatar user="$thread" size="s" img="true" />
                            <xen:include template="wf_widget_threads_thread_title" />
                            <div class="userTitle">{xen:phrase wf_x_posted, 'user=<a href="{xen:link 'members', {$thread}}">{$thread.username}</a>'} <xen:datetime time="{$thread.post_date}" /></div>
                        </li>
                    </xen:if>
                </xen:foreach>
        </ul>
    </div>

The RSS feed widget has been hanging the page lately. I have had to disable them. Any idea why this would happen? The feed URL appears to be working fine.

how can I add something in thread list in New Posts or Node after X thread?

like this

3bz5qbv-1-jpg.96866

In the recent threads widget there is a link for members to the last message of a thread.
How can I get this links for guest as well?

upload_2015-2-2_17-1-37.webp

Last edited:
In the recent threads widget there is a link for members to the last message of a thread.
How can I get this links for guest as well?

View attachment 96992
You will need to edit template "thread_list" for that. This is default XenForo's behavior in all thread lists.

how can I add something in thread list in New Posts or Node after X thread?

like this

3bz5qbv-1-jpg.96866
You will need template edit or modification to do that, sorry. For example, you can add a hook at the end of thread_list_item and add a widget to that.

The RSS feed widget has been hanging the page lately. I have had to disable them. Any idea why this would happen? The feed URL appears to be working fine.
You can set the cache TTL to be longer I think?

How do I edit the template code of "Users Online Now (Staff)"?
You can edit the template "wf_widget_online_staff".

How might I get widget Related Threads display in 2 columns?

Template: tinhte_xentag_widget_tagged_threads
Code:
    <div class="avatarList">
        <ul>
                <xen:foreach loop="$threads" value="$thread">
                        <xen:comment>[bd] Widget Framework 2.3.5+</xen:comment>
                            <xen:include template="wf_widget_threads_thread_sidebar">
                                <xen:set var="$_secondRow">
                                    {xen:phrase wf_x_posted, 'user=<a href="{xen:link 'members', {$thread}}">{$thread.username}</a>'} <xen:datetime time="{$thread.post_date}" />
                                </xen:set>
                            </xen:include>
                    <xen:else />
                        <xen:comment>Older version of [bd] Widget Framework...</xen:comment>
                        <li>
                            <xen:avatar user="$thread" size="s" img="true" />
                            <xen:include template="wf_widget_threads_thread_title" />
                            <div class="userTitle">{xen:phrase wf_x_posted, 'user=<a href="{xen:link 'members', {$thread}}">{$thread.username}</a>'} <xen:datetime time="{$thread.post_date}" /></div>
                        </li>
                </xen:foreach>
        </ul>
    </div>
You can use CSS to let the <li>s to float left and limit their width to 50%. That's the easiest way IMHO.

@xfrocks with Elastic Search, when I reindex with the delete existing index option, I get the following error dozens of times:

Once the index has been rebuilding a while, the errors stop. But it indicates that something is falling over when it can't get what it wants from Elastic.
Is this a problem with the widget framework?
Looks like the renderer XMWidgets_Threads_Similar try to execute a search and I assume the search engine index is missing during that time (being rebuilt) and caused the error.

Top Bottom