Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Probably a display order thingy. Would help if you take screenshot of the Clear Sidebar widget edit page and edit pages of other widgets too.

as you can see on the screenshots

ClearSidebar = 0 - Position: all
LatestThreads = 2 - Position:all
AdvancedHTML = 10 - Position: thread_view

Screen_1
all three are activated but AdvancedHTML is not showing up

screen_1.webp

Screen_2
ClearSidebar is deavtivated and AdvancedHTML is showing up - bit in my opinion in the wrong position as LatestThreads = 2 and AdvancedHTML = 10

screen_2.webp

I've found a bit of a problem with using "Snippet Maximum Length" but I suspect fixing it might not be possible...

Our set up:
We have a New Replies widget on forum_list and its Layout is set to "Sidebar with snippet from post" and it shows 5 threads. Showing the full post makes it all too long because the sidebar is quite narrow so I set the limit to 85 and it's been looking great most of the time (Having said that, it is in the same group as a New Threads widget with Default layout that displays first so the Posts widget is only seen if you click on its tab)

The problem:
I
f the post is cut short before a BBcode tag has been closed, it can cause problems with the rest of the page.

In most cases a member has posted something in bold and the snip point has resulted in no </b> being created when the page is rendered. This means that everything in the page that follows the snippet is also in bold when it shouldn't be - the rest of the widgets, the menu bar at the top of the page and, although I hadn't realised until now, everything at the bottom of the page below the forum list (breadcrumb, footer etc)

Most of the time I've been able to edit the offending post by removing the bold tags and everything looks normal again, but that's not possible when the tag that hasn't been closed is nothing to do with text formatting (IMG, URL and MEDIA, for example)

Further related problem
We have been having random reports from members saying our banner/logo and the top menu bar weren't showing and we couldn't work out why (I now know it is the Snippet Length that is causing it) Our forum is normally quite active so after 5 new threads or replies the snippet that was causing the problem is no longer in the widget and the problem 'magically fixes itself'. Today was a quiet day and I was able to see it for myself before it cleared and I saw that it wasn't just the banner/logo and menu that were missing - later widgets and everything below the forum list were gone as well and TaigaChat was showing as empty and wasn't working. Changing "Snippet Maximum Length" to 0 resolved the problem. It turns out that on this occasion a member had posted a YouTube video using the MEDIA tag and the resulting html code was being cut short before the iframe tag could be completed which meant the page was rendered with

HTML:
<div><iframe width="500" height="300"...

and everything after that was ignored by browsers because they considered it junk within the iframe tag.

An option to show snippets with all BBcode stripped out would avoid this problem. Or something like thread previews maybe.

I am using the threads widget with new replies and use the list (similar to forum_view) option in my home page. However the threads with new messages are not bold. Is this intentional?

@xfrocks

Getting the following error occurring constantly on the latest version:

ErrorException: Undefined index: template_for_hooks - library/WidgetFramework/Model/Widget.php:215
Generated By: Unknown Account, 18 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/WidgetFramework/Model/Widget.php(215): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(Array)
#1 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/WidgetFramework/Model/Widget.php(92): WidgetFramework_Model_Widget->_prepareWidgetMandatory(true, false)
#2 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(81): WidgetFramework_Model_Widget->getGlobalWidgets()
#3 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(251): WidgetFramework_Core->bootstrap(Object(XenForo_FrontController), Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#4 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(90): WidgetFramework_Listener::front_controller_pre_view(Array, Array)
#5 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('front_controlle...', Array)
#6 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(40) "http://airnation.net/hangar/posts/30879/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

@xfrocks

Getting the following error occurring constantly on the latest version:

ErrorException: Undefined index: template_for_hooks - library/WidgetFramework/Model/Widget.php:215
Generated By: Unknown Account, 18 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/WidgetFramework/Model/Widget.php(215): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(Array)
#1 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/WidgetFramework/Model/Widget.php(92): WidgetFramework_Model_Widget->_prepareWidgetMandatory(true, false)
#2 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(81): WidgetFramework_Model_Widget->getGlobalWidgets()
#3 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(251): WidgetFramework_Core->bootstrap(Object(XenForo_FrontController), Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_Redirect), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#4 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(90): WidgetFramework_Listener::front_controller_pre_view(Array, Array)
#5 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(156): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('front_controlle...', Array)
#6 /home/airman28/public_html/hangar/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(40) "http://airnation.net/hangar/posts/30879/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
Is that a new installation or an upgrade? Try going to any widget and save it.

as you can see on the screenshots

ClearSidebar = 0 - Position: all
LatestThreads = 2 - Position:all
AdvancedHTML = 10 - Position: thread_view

Screen_1
all three are activated but AdvancedHTML is not showing up

View attachment 71020

Screen_2
ClearSidebar is deavtivated and AdvancedHTML is showing up - bit in my opinion in the wrong position as LatestThreads = 2 and AdvancedHTML = 10

View attachment 71021
Ah, I understand why. The "all" position widgets are always rendered AFTER the specific position widgets. That means the Clear Sidebar widget of yours are always clearing the sidebar after the HTML is shown. This is a technical issue, I hope to fix it in next version.

I am using the threads widget with new replies and use the list (similar to forum_view) option in my home page. However the threads with new messages are not bold. Is this intentional?
Yes, it is intentional for caching reason. For new indicators to show up, it is impossible to cache the widget.

I've found a bit of a problem with using "Snippet Maximum Length" but I suspect fixing it might not be possible...

Our set up:
We have a New Replies widget on forum_list and its Layout is set to "Sidebar with snippet from post" and it shows 5 threads. Showing the full post makes it all too long because the sidebar is quite narrow so I set the limit to 85 and it's been looking great most of the time (Having said that, it is in the same group as a New Threads widget with Default layout that displays first so the Posts widget is only seen if you click on its tab)

The problem:
I
f the post is cut short before a BBcode tag has been closed, it can cause problems with the rest of the page.

In most cases a member has posted something in bold and the snip point has resulted in no </b> being created when the page is rendered. This means that everything in the page that follows the snippet is also in bold when it shouldn't be - the rest of the widgets, the menu bar at the top of the page and, although I hadn't realised until now, everything at the bottom of the page below the forum list (breadcrumb, footer etc)

Most of the time I've been able to edit the offending post by removing the bold tags and everything looks normal again, but that's not possible when the tag that hasn't been closed is nothing to do with text formatting (IMG, URL and MEDIA, for example)

Further related problem
We have been having random reports from members saying our banner/logo and the top menu bar weren't showing and we couldn't work out why (I now know it is the Snippet Length that is causing it) Our forum is normally quite active so after 5 new threads or replies the snippet that was causing the problem is no longer in the widget and the problem 'magically fixes itself'. Today was a quiet day and I was able to see it for myself before it cleared and I saw that it wasn't just the banner/logo and menu that were missing - later widgets and everything below the forum list were gone as well and TaigaChat was showing as empty and wasn't working. Changing "Snippet Maximum Length" to 0 resolved the problem. It turns out that on this occasion a member had posted a YouTube video using the MEDIA tag and the resulting html code was being cut short before the iframe tag could be completed which meant the page was rendered with

HTML:
<div><iframe width="500" height="300"...

and everything after that was ignored by browsers because they considered it junk within the iframe tag.

An option to show snippets with all BBcode stripped out would avoid this problem. Or something like thread previews maybe.
Actually I have thought of that when implementing the snippet thing. All HTML tags should be closed automatically by the renderer. If it is not happening for some post of yours, that means it's a bug. Can you give me the post content (as bb code) and the I take it you use 85 as the snippet length? I need to reproduce on my site in order to fix it.

• XFRM: new option for Users renderer: order by resource count
I just created a widget with following options:

Renderer: Users
Limit: 5
Order Factor: Resource Count
Order Direction: Descending

However, the widget information is not correct. The widget with this configuration shows the first 5 members alphabetically.

Yes, it is intentional for caching reason. For new indicators to show up, it is impossible to cache the widget.

Then wouldn't it be better if they showed up if we chose to disable caching for that widget?

My whole homepage consists of a single threads renderer with new replies and most of my users follow the forum from the homepage. So it is really important for us. I hope you make this optional.

Another issue with the widget is that under the topic title on the left it should show the username of the thread starter but it always shows the last posters username. I guess this is a bug.

Last edited:
Then wouldn't it be better if they showed up if we chose to disable caching for that widget?

My whole homepage consists of a single threads renderer with new replies and most of my users follow the forum from the homepage. So it is really important for us. I hope you make this optional.
That makes sense.

Another issue with the widget is that under the topic title on the left it should show the username of the thread starter but it always shows the last posters username. I guess this is a bug.

View attachment 71125
You should use the type with use first poster.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 3.57.34 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-04-06 at 3.57.34 PM.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 13
any option i asked so many times here to limit words when add option sidebar with snippet from post???

Top Bottom