Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Since I forgot what I posted in another thread (some mod deleted it -_-) - In @Code Monkey's thread specifically, I'll bring up the question from where I left off.

I'd already installed the plugin - but don't know how to accomplish a particular "action."

I was impressed by Code Monkey's implementation of "Recent Discussions" and "Recent Posts" boxes. Example can be found here: http://joystickrequired.com/forums/community-chat.6/

Can you explain how to accomplish this - and allocate it ONLY to a specific location [I want both areas to appear only in thread list, as shown above].

I'm no coder, soooo...... yeah. :)

oops. here we are: XenForo_Exception: Cannot load class using XFCP. Load the class using the correct loader first. - library/XenForo/Autoloader.php:108

array(3) {
["url"] => string(61) "http://site.com/members/member.123456/best-answers"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
Well, you encountered this a while ago with that specific add-on only (best answer)? A few updates are available since then, maybe try upgrading and see how it goes?

Since I forgot what I posted in another thread (some mod deleted it -_-) - In @Code Monkey's thread specifically, I'll bring up the question from where I left off.

I'd already installed the plugin - but don't know how to accomplish a particular "action."

I was impressed by Code Monkey's implementation of "Recent Discussions" and "Recent Posts" boxes. Example can be found here: http://joystickrequired.com/forums/community-chat.6/

Can you explain how to accomplish this - and allocate it ONLY to a specific location [I want both areas to appear only in thread list, as shown above].

I'm no coder, soooo...... yeah. :)
You can use Threads renderer. Mode "New Threads" for recent discussions and mode "New Replies" for recent posts. You can enter "forum_view" to have the widgets show up in that page only.

You can use Threads renderer. Mode "New Threads" for recent discussions and mode "New Replies" for recent posts. You can enter "forum_view" to have the widgets show up in that page only.
So, all I have to do is create a new widget, select "New Threads" and "New Replies" respectively, then enter "forum_view" in which box?

So, all I have to do is create a new widget, select "New Threads" and "New Replies" respectively, then enter "forum_view" in which box?

PCA -> Appareance -> Left hand Add widget -> choose renderer New Threads and follow instruction in screen.

Salud2

Hi,

Thank you for such great framework @xfrocks!

I would like to kindly ask 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to put widget into a common hook but not in all pages? For example, I want to display 'Latest Threads' widget in hook:ad_above_content but only in XenPorta Homepage (EWRPortal) and forum_list. If I input hook name in position, widget has been shown in all pages.
  2. Is there any way to filter 'New Added Resources' threads in 'Recent Threads' widget? In my forum, Resource Manager creates new topic together with other threads in related forums but I don't want to list them in 'Recent Threads' widget as they are already listed in 'Recent Resources' widget.
Thank you again.

Well, you encountered this a while ago with that specific add-on only (best answer)? A few updates are available since then, maybe try upgrading and see how it goes?

Yes, it's only when going to the best answer page in a member profile. For example: http://verizonforums.com/members/jdeg.1/#bestAnswers

Updated to the latest version. Still getting this error:
XenForo_Exception: Cannot load class using XFCP. Load the class using the correct loader first. - library/XenForo/Autoloader.php:108

On the front end:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_EXTENDS, expecting T_STRING in /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(456) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{', expecting T_STRING or T_NAMESPACE or T_NS_SEPARATOR in /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(482) : eval()'d code on line 1
An exception occurred: Cannot load class using XFCP. Load the class using the correct loader first. in /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php on line 108

1. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload()
  2. spl_autoload_call() in WidgetFramework/XenForo/View1.php at line 4
  3. include() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  4. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 959
  5. XenForo_Application::autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 483
  6. XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line209
  7. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.phpat line 88
  8. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
  9. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/site/public_html/index.php at line 13

Added support for XFRM: new option for Users renderer: order by resource count

I just tried this widget but it is not working. In order to make sure, I tested the widget I created with same option only changing order by message count then it works for message count. How can I fix it?

After update to the latest XenForo version i get tons of error log entries every x minutes, all messages are the same:

Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined variable: forum - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(484) : runtime-created function:1
Generated By: Unknown Account, 3 minutes ago

Stack Trace
#0 /htdocs/community/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(484) : runtime-created function(1): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/var/www/xsimul...', 1, Array)
#1 [internal function]: __lambda_func(Array)
#2 /htdocs/community/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(488): call_user_func('?lambda_128', Array)
#3 /htdocs/community/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(574): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->_executeExpression('in_array($forum...', Array)
#4 /htdocs/community/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(352): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render(Array, 'forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Object(_WidgetFramework_ArrayOfString))
#5 /htdocs/community/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(264): WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor('forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '???????????<!--...')
#6 /htdocs/community/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(85): WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor('forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#7 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render('forum_list', '????????????<ol...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#8 /htdocs/community/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#9 /htdocs/community/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'forum_list')
#10 /htdocs/community/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#11 /htdocs/community/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(119): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#12 /htdocs/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(604): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#13 /htdocs/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#14 /htdocs/community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#15 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(36) "http://www.mywebsite.net/community/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I already updated to the latest bd widget framework.
Do you have any tip for me?

Thank you very much,

Yours, René

@xfrocks
I may have misread it but I remember reading a few pages back that it's possible to layer widgets side by size on the the forum index (under the breadcrumb), sort of like the Featured Resources on RM home.
Is it possible now? My potential would to be to make 3 html widgets, each for one for my site service.

Hello,

for "New Threads" and "New Replies, how can I change the refresh time?

I think it's 5min by default?

Can I make it 1min?

Instant would also be nice, but probably tough on the database?

Hi,

Thank you for such great framework @xfrocks!

I would like to kindly ask 2 questions:

1. Is there a way to put widget into a common hook but not in all pages? For example, I want to display 'Latest Threads' widget in hook:ad_above_content but only in XenPorta Homepage (EWRPortal) and forum_list. If I input hook name in position, widget has been shown in all pages.
  2. Is there any way to filter 'New Added Resources' threads in 'Recent Threads' widget? In my forum, Resource Manager creates new topic together with other threads in related forums but I don't want to list them in 'Recent Threads' widget as they are already listed in 'Recent Resources' widget.
Thank you again.
1. Yes, you can use expression to limit which page the widget should show up.
2. You will need to un-select the forum of resource threads and select all other forums.

Yes, it's only when going to the best answer page in a member profile. For example: http://verizonforums.com/members/jdeg.1/#bestAnswers

Updated to the latest version. Still getting this error:
XenForo_Exception: Cannot load class using XFCP. Load the class using the correct loader first. - library/XenForo/Autoloader.php:108

On the front end:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_EXTENDS, expecting T_STRING in /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(456) : eval()'d code on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{', expecting T_STRING or T_NAMESPACE or T_NS_SEPARATOR in /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(482) : eval()'d code on line 1
An exception occurred: Cannot load class using XFCP. Load the class using the correct loader first. in /home/site/public_html/library/XenForo/Autoloader.php on line 108

1. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload()
  2. spl_autoload_call() in WidgetFramework/XenForo/View1.php at line 4
  3. include() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  4. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 959
  5. XenForo_Application::autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 483
  6. XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line209
  7. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.phpat line 88
  8. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
  9. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/site/public_html/index.php at line 13

Which version of XenForo are you running, IIRC XenForo 1.2.2 fixes a related issue.

Any update on a read/unread indicator for the recent threads widget?
It has been decided that the unread indicator will not be added. The reason is because of the caching, the widget needs to be rendered for each user to have the indicator, doing that will easily kill the site...

Where do I get the widget that displays the latest threads with tabs for Recent, Active, New, Popular , etc?

Q: How do I add that New/Recent/Popular widget that you have in the photos... there doesn't seem to be an option... there's a "tab group" but it's a little hard to understand what I need to do.
A: You do that by creating 3 widgets as you like (e.g. New, Recent and Popular) and just enter the same tab name for all of them.
More: https://xfrocks.com/widget-framework/threads/bd-widget-framework-faq.10/

I just tried this widget but it is not working. In order to make sure, I tested the widget I created with same option only changing order by message count then it works for message count. How can I fix it?
In my test environment, it is working fine right now. How is it not working for you? Nothing showup or the users show up in the wrong order?

After update to the latest XenForo version i get tons of error log entries every x minutes, all messages are the same:

Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined variable: forum - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(484) : runtime-created function:1
Generated By: Unknown Account, 3 minutes ago

Stack Trace
#0 /htdocs/community/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(484) : runtime-created function(1): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/var/www/xsimul...', 1, Array)
#1 [internal function]: __lambda_func(Array)
#2 /htdocs/community/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(488): call_user_func('?lambda_128', Array)
#3 /htdocs/community/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(574): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->_executeExpression('in_array($forum...', Array)
#4 /htdocs/community/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(352): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render(Array, 'forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Object(_WidgetFramework_ArrayOfString))
#5 /htdocs/community/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(264): WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor('forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '???????????<!--...')
#6 /htdocs/community/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(85): WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor('forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#7 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render('forum_list', '????????????<ol...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#8 /htdocs/community/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#9 /htdocs/community/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'forum_list')
#10 /htdocs/community/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#11 /htdocs/community/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(119): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#12 /htdocs/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(604): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#13 /htdocs/community/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#14 /htdocs/community/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#15 {main}

Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(36) "http://www.mywebsite.net/community/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I already updated to the latest bd widget framework.
Do you have any tip for me?

Thank you very much,

Yours, René
Your expression for one of the widget is causing problem. You may want to review the expressions.
@xfrocks
I may have misread it but I remember reading a few pages back that it's possible to layer widgets side by size on the the forum index (under the breadcrumb), sort of like the Featured Resources on RM home.
Is it possible now? My potential would to be to make 3 html widgets, each for one for my site service.
You can use "columns" group ;)

Top Bottom