Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
but the latest is the beta, i dont want to download betas, i want a stable version,

when i click the green, it gives me v2.6.3(+21) but its a beta, and give me problems

61d4bccf23.PNG

hey guys,
did someone know where I can edit the color of the widget title?
Find alot of color editing, but not the title.
Would appreciate an answer :)

Hi there, just got notified by a community member that the forums were not working. Got into the ACP and the Server Error Logs were being spammed with this
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Cannot 'break' 2 levels - library/WidgetFramework/Helper/Index.php:90

-Stack Trace-
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

-Request State-
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(35) "https://website.com/xf/forums"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
The forums were working yesterday; didn't update anything I believe. I can't figure out what may have caused this issue and would like to fix it as soon as possible. Searching this thread turned up a result from 2015 which I couldn't find a reliable solution. Running on XF 1.5.12 & Widget Framework 2.5.9 (Latest version according to Update Checker).

Last edited:
Ahh, thank you. I apparently missed an email about my provider performing some updates, which included updating to PHP 7 :P
There is a new 2.5.9 which should fix this issue.

but the latest is the beta, i dont want to download betas, i want a stable version,

when i click the green, it gives me v2.6.3(+21) but its a beta, and give me problems
The stable one is on xenforo.com, 2.5.9. However, we are moving away from XenForo 1 development so 2.6.3 betas will should soon be feature freeze and released as stable. It's not recommended to download from github if you are not a dev.

Hi all together,

sadly, my Threads widget "New Replies" doesn't work anymore: https://www.dropbox.com/s/djb7gleq72yiwfm/error.jpg?dl=0

When choosing the selected Widget mode, the avatar icons are missing in the sidebar. Also, there is a wrong user mentioned. As you can see in the following screenshot, for the first thread the user "thowi" is mentioned, but in reality, the last post ist from someone else. https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3eoowwvvn0tzc8/NewRepliesERROR.jpg?dl=0

When I change the widget mode to Last Replies, the username and avatar are correct! But this widget mode is not usable for me because if there is a new reply, in this mode the thread title in the sidebar is not bold - so it won't be recognized like the mode "new replies"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovju8uplubhqaot/LastReplies.jpg?dl=0

So, what can I do to get either the mode "new replies" working or get the title bold in mode "Last replies"?
We are using Version 2.6.3 of the widget framework.

Thank you for your help!

Hello!
I am trying to throw a usergroup glow around the staff online now avatars.
I have widget framework installed but I cant seem to find the right class path...
I have tried different variations of this:
Code:
.sidebar .WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_OnlineStaff .avatar
{box-shadow: 0 0 5px green, inset 0 0 0px green;}
but without luck.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks...

mind telling us what Caching improvement (new config.php flag `wfCacheAdmin`) is? in v2.6.3-BETA22

@xfrocks, is there a way to utilise xenforo's backend cache config? as i use Memcached

Last edited:
mind telling us what Caching improvement (new config.php flag `wfCacheAdmin`) is? in v2.6.3-BETA22

@xfrocks, is there a way to utilise xenforo's backend cache config? as i use Memcached
The cached widget now use a technique called slam defense to avoid cache refresh. Basically it extends the expire date a bit while refreshing so if there are requests coming for the cached widget, they will use the stale version until the first request successfully refresh the cache.

And you can choose in AdminCP options page to use XenForo Cache. It has 3 modes. However, I do not recommend that because there may be a lots of cache data.

Hello!
I am trying to throw a usergroup glow around the staff online now avatars.
I have widget framework installed but I cant seem to find the right class path...
I have tried different variations of this:
Code:
.sidebar .WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_OnlineStaff .avatar
{box-shadow: 0 0 5px green, inset 0 0 0px green;}
but without luck.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks...
It depends on your style etc., if you give me your site url (via convo?), I will be able to track down the selector. Or you can use Chrome inspector, it's good.

Hi all together,

sadly, my Threads widget "New Replies" doesn't work anymore: https://www.dropbox.com/s/djb7gleq72yiwfm/error.jpg?dl=0

When choosing the selected Widget mode, the avatar icons are missing in the sidebar. Also, there is a wrong user mentioned. As you can see in the following screenshot, for the first thread the user "thowi" is mentioned, but in reality, the last post ist from someone else. https://www.dropbox.com/s/a3eoowwvvn0tzc8/NewRepliesERROR.jpg?dl=0

When I change the widget mode to Last Replies, the username and avatar are correct! But this widget mode is not usable for me because if there is a new reply, in this mode the thread title in the sidebar is not bold - so it won't be recognized like the mode "new replies"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovju8uplubhqaot/LastReplies.jpg?dl=0

So, what can I do to get either the mode "new replies" working or get the title bold in mode "Last replies"?
We are using Version 2.6.3 of the widget framework.

Thank you for your help!
Which beta are you using? We have a few betas for v2.6.3. I recall we have fixed this issue before.

The cached widget now use a technique called slam defense to avoid cache refresh. Basically it extends the expire date a bit while refreshing so if there are requests coming for the cached widget, they will use the stale version until the first request successfully refresh the cache.

And you can choose in AdminCP options page to use XenForo Cache. It has 3 modes. However, I do not recommend that because there may be a lots of cache data.

It depends on your style etc., if you give me your site url (via convo?), I will be able to track down the selector. Or you can use Chrome inspector, it's good.

well i only see 3 diffrent types of cache:

Cache Backend (xenforo backend?) - when i enabled this it gave me error, it said something along lines that files does not exist or misconfigured is this the xenforo backend? or do i need to place something config.php to make this work?
Database (table xf_widgetframework_cache) (mysqlDB)
Files (at ./internal_data/WidgetFramework/cache/) (file format cacheing)

this is my current cache config:

Code:
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'Memcached';
$config['cache']['backendOptions'] = array(
    'compression' => false,
    'servers' => array(
        array(
            // your memcached server IP /address
            'host' => '127.0.0.1',

// memcached port
            'port' => 11211,

'weight' => 1,
        )
    )
);

$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions'] = array(
                                        'caching'                      => true,
                                        'automatic_serialization'      => true,
                                        'lifetime'                      => 10800,
                                        'cache_id_prefix' => 'xf');

$config['cache']['cacheSessions'] = true;

well i only see 3 diffrent types of cache:

Cache Backend (xenforo backend?) - when i enabled this it gave me error, it said something along lines that files does not exist or misconfigured is this the xenforo backend? or do i need to place something config.php to make this work?
Database (table xf_widgetframework_cache) (mysqlDB)
Files (at ./internal_data/WidgetFramework/cache/) (file format cacheing)

this is my current cache config:

Code:
$config['cache']['backend'] = 'Memcached';
$config['cache']['backendOptions'] = array(
    'compression' => false,
    'servers' => array(
        array(
            // your memcached server IP /address
            'host' => '127.0.0.1',

// memcached port
            'port' => 11211,

'weight' => 1,
        )
    )
);

$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions'] = array(
                                        'caching'                      => true,
                                        'automatic_serialization'      => true,
                                        'lifetime'                      => 10800,
                                        'cache_id_prefix' => 'xf');

$config['cache']['cacheSessions'] = true;
Yes, the first one is the one you are looking for. Can you copy / paste the exact error message?

Top Bottom