Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Just reporting a bug with Widget Framework v2.6.3 (latest from developer's website) :

Renderer user recent status isn't displaying the most recent statuses by members. It's showing statuses but it's a mixture of new and old (more on the old side).
I'm also getting this bug - just using the profile posts part as a work around for now (though it includes comments on profiles).

Just reporting a bug with Widget Framework v2.6.3 (latest from developer's website) :

Renderer user recent status isn't displaying the most recent statuses by members. It's showing statuses but it's a mixture of new and old (more on the old side).
Old and new? So there are new status but some old ones are included in the wrong order? When did it start happening? e.g. after a XenForo update maybe?

Old and new? So there are new status but some old ones are included in the wrong order? When did it start happening? e.g. after a XenForo update maybe?
It started right after I updated BD Widgets to version 2.6.3 from I think version 2.6 (I remember it working fine with the first 2.6 beta). I should also note that I updated PHP from 5.6 to 7.1.x before upgrading the add-on to its latest beta (because the first 2.6 beta throws errors with PHP 7.1.x).

In the recent status updates, I found old statuses from way back in 2013 when the latest should have been listed from today.

My settings :
  • From Friends Only: No (enabling this displays more recent status updates btw, not those 2013 old ones)
  • Allow Multiple Statuses From Same User: No
  • Show Update Form: No

I reported this a long time ago.

I have updated to beta 18 and now user recent status block displays status from random times and random users.

It started right after I updated BD Widgets to version 2.6.3 from I think version 2.6 (I remember it working fine with the first 2.6 beta). I should also note that I updated PHP from 5.6 to 7.1.x before upgrading the add-on to its latest beta (because the first 2.6 beta throws errors with PHP 7.1.x).

In the recent status updates, I found old statuses from way back in 2013 when the latest should have been listed from today.

My settings :
  • From Friends Only: No (enabling this displays more recent status updates btw, not those 2013 old ones)
  • Allow Multiple Statuses From Same User: No
  • Show Update Form: No
I have that same bug, and it started happening after upgrade from 2.5.9 to the latest beta.

I am trying to add forum stats in header.

When I assign the Forum Statistics renderer to hook:ad_header position, it ends up showing the widget twice. Not only this widget renderer, but any widget that you add in header, it ends up showing two identical widgets.

ad_header_bf_widget.webp

What might be the problem here ?

After upgrading to 2.6.3 Beta 18, the Threads renderer behaves totally differently. The "Recent threads" option used to include both new threads and old threads with new replies. In the new version, "Recent threads" has been removed. The "Latest replies" widget is not the same thing, because it excludes new threads. This is disappointing, because my forum's sidebar does not have the space for both "New threads" and "New posts," and I need to have them combined in the same widget.

Also, the Birthdays widget in the sidebar has completely stopped working (no longer visible) after upgrading to the beta.

I'm running 2.5.9 - how do I structure an expression to limit the widget to logged in users AND contentTemplate = forum_list and forum_view? How would it change if I wanted to specify usergroups? I'm using a hook location 'ad_below_bottom_breadcrumb'.

I am displaying the Forum Statistics widget on hook:ad_header location.

Is there a way to hide the widget title bar wrapper only for this specific widget (not just the title, because I can do it with   ) ?

Last edited:
Hey xfrocks, could I request a widget that displays a specified forum node?

Like, I just wanna straight up display a specified node_category template onto a page, obeys permissions and such

Last edited:
Top Bottom