Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
I've been using this add-on forever and love it. I have an issue now and hope someone here might have a suggestion to repair.

I am running XF 1.3.5 (I know it's time to upgrade) and can't find which version of Widget Framework I am using (but know it's been a couple of years).

Onto my problem...

I decided to delete some add-ons I had turned off for months. After I did it, all the header/titles for my sidebar widgets disappeared as did the rules around each. I use UI.X as my style.

Here's what it looks like now...

View attachment 142480

However, the sidebar looks right on the Shoutbox page...

View attachment 142481

My site is gotitans.com if that helps. Any suggestions appreciated.
I guess you may have template rebuild issue. Anyway, you should make sure the installed version (on AdminCP > Add-ons) and the file version is the same. Or you can just look up the installed version and look for the zip file from here https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-widget-framework.297/history and rewrite all files. Then import the add-on xml again, that should take care of the template rebuild.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like I am using 2.6.0 dev. I don't see that one available on the link you provided.

Since I am using XF 1.3.5, what is the latest version I can use?

If I understand you correctly, I will upload to the server the files of that version and then install the add-on again. Will that delete all my old widgets? I'd love to keep those if possible.

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like I am using 2.6.0 dev. I don't see that one available on the link you provided.

Since I am using XF 1.3.5, what is the latest version I can use?

If I understand you correctly, I will upload to the server the files of that version and then install the add-on again. Will that delete all my old widgets? I'd love to keep those if possible.
If you are on the beta already, it's better to get the latest version from here https://xfrocks.com/resources/bd-widget-framework.19/history
It shouldn't delete any widgets, especially if you are already on 2.6.0, but you should do a quick widget export just to be safe ;)

I uploaded the files from 2.6.0-dev112-beta to my server. I turned it back on and it's working perfectly.

I never reinstalled the add-on but all it working as it should.

Many thanks for your help and a great add-on.

Does anyone else get the following error on WF 2.6.3-BETA16 when trying to add PHP Callback widget?
callback.webp

@xfrocks --- widgets have a "don't display on mobile" option. This is great but IMO, incomplete.

I would suggest widgets have 3 boxes --

Display on Mobile
Display on Tablets
Display on Desktop

This way I can show one version of a widget to a mobile user, and a different version to a desktop user.

I have added latest poll in the side bar using "thread with poll" renderer. However, the heading of the block (e.g. the poll question) and the body (e.g. poll options) are using same font (color, size etc.). How can I style the body text to match it with the original thread poll style?

I am using the latest version (1.6.3 beta 16).

I'm getting an error

ErrorException: Declaration of WidgetFramework_XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostDelete(array $messages) should be compatible with XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostDelete() -library/WidgetFramework/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php:38

On XF 1.5.10, PHP 7.1.0 RC3 and bd_Widget_Framework_v2.6.0-dev111-BETA

EDIT Nevermind, upgraded to bd_Widget_Framework_v2.6.3-BETA16 from here https://xfrocks.com/resources/bd-widget-framework.19/history and all good

Last edited:
Does anyone have a fix for when setting the widgets to the "all" position, the reported items actions box (Handle Report) disappears?

I have added latest poll in the side bar using "thread with poll" renderer. However, the heading of the block (e.g. the poll question) and the body (e.g. poll options) are using same font (color, size etc.). How can I style the body text to match it with the original thread poll style?

I am using the latest version (1.6.3 beta 16).
You can add CSS rules in EXTRA.css template.

I'm getting an error

ErrorException: Declaration of WidgetFramework_XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostDelete(array $messages) should be compatible with XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::_discussionPostDelete() -library/WidgetFramework/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php:38

On XF 1.5.10, PHP 7.1.0 RC3 and bd_Widget_Framework_v2.6.0-dev111-BETA

EDIT Nevermind, upgraded to bd_Widget_Framework_v2.6.3-BETA16 from here https://xfrocks.com/resources/bd-widget-framework.19/history and all good
Looks like you had a bad upload there though. Btw, shouldn't run PHP RC on production eh? :D

Does anyone have a fix for when setting the widgets to the "all" position, the reported items actions box (Handle Report) disappears?
So you add any widget to "all" and the report box disappear? :eek:

Is there a way to get a sidebar widget that displays recent xenforo media comments?
If you use the beta version, it includes "XFMG: Recent Comments" widget.

I'm trying to get a world clock setup on the forum, and as opposed to adding a whole page dedicated to it, I was wondering if it was possible to add it into a widget? This is the embed code used to add it via html

<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="no" clocktype=\"html5\" style="overflow:hidden;border:0;margin:0;padding:0;width:720px;height:375px;" src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/HTML5/html5-world.html?&&&480&blue"></iframe></div>

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I use a german forum : and when I use a widget with - Threads - Recent Threads, the block shows the english word "replied" -
I would like to change it into the german word "beantwortet"

Anybody know how and where I can do this ?

142729-a0b12f8168ee4f5735fddd612f97422b.jpg

Attachments

• 2016-10-26_17-21-28.webp
    2016-10-26_17-21-28.webp
    4.3 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom