Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
There's a big red button labelled "Disable Reveal Mode (Widget Framework)" at the top right of the forum in the Moderator Bar. however, if you are using a custom style this may not be visible - it wasn't for me on my UI.X style. Simply switch back to the default style, click the button to switch it off and then change back to your custom style.

Thanks but this mode mysteriously disappeared this morning and even in default style I'm not seeing a reveal mode button.

I would like to show a widget only on top of a certain thread (thread id =5785).

Expression:
in_array($thread['thread_id'], array(5785))

Position:
hook page_container_notices

But the setting above does not work. What is my mistake?

Last edited:
I have this widget on my forum - thanks for creating it.

However I have one small problem.

When I as admin create a thread it does not show in the latest threads.

Am I missing a setting somewhere, anyone else have this issue?

Would love to know how to fix as I try to get convesations going, thanks.

Having some trouble with the sidebar, the sidebar on the left is the default xenforo and the duplicate are the 2 widgets. I'm trying to use widgets as the sidebar but this is what happens whenever I try to use them.
NBwxbH.png

I've even got "Remove existing sidebar" checked.
oPa3x0.png

Hi guys!

Can i make Widget Framework work only on CTA featured page? I know i can make each widget work on only one page, but i need the intire add-on to work on a single page, because on the other pages i want to leave xenporta sidebar.

Thank you!

Hi guys!

Can i make Widget Framework work only on CTA featured page? I know i can make each widget work on only one page, but i need the intire add-on to work on a single page, because on the other pages i want to leave xenporta sidebar.

Thank you!
Yes, see the FAQ for the Featured Threads add-on.

Hi, I have installed this and it is great but can i ask if anyone can help. How do i create a widget and put on a specific thread. So for instance i have 2 nodes, 1 is cars and 1 is bikes so i can to display a a different widget on the bikes than the cars.

I think i have sussed it. I just used $forum['node_id'] == 56 in the expressions and seems to work ok so if anyone thinks i have done this wrong let me know.

@xfrocks Nice resource, however the index page widgets are showing up on the search results page pushing user matches way down at the bottom of the page. How can I correct this? Thanks!

@xfrocks Nice resource, however the index page widgets are showing up on the search results page pushing user matches way down at the bottom of the page. How can I correct this? Thanks!
Like I said in the other thread, don't use the ALL position in your widgets, specify the templates you want them to appear in.

If you could kindly tell me how please. I don't see any settings for "template".
Open a widget and you'll see this setting:

Screenshot_2015-06-23-07-22-11.webp

Specify the templates you want the widget to appear in, don't use ALL.

To find which templates to add, visit the pages you want Widget Framework to appear on. Using your browser, view the page source and look for a line of code near the top of the page which begins
<div id="content" class="; the class is the name of the template. So for the main forum page, the line of code is: <div id="content" class="forum_list">, which makes the template forum_list.

Add the template names to each widget.

Hello. I have a question about "Profile Posts", do I need to set "Cache TTL" to something like 10 seconds to update the posts? Because it does not show all profile posts (Like on Members -> "New Profile Posts")

Hello. I have a question about "Profile Posts", do I need to set "Cache TTL" to something like 10 seconds to update the posts? Because it does not show all profile posts (Like on Members -> "New Profile Posts")
If you want profile posts to display immediately, then set it to 0 which disables caching.

Open a widget and you'll see this setting:

View attachment 109205

Specify the templates you want the widget to appear in, don't use ALL.

To find which templates to add, visit the pages you want Widget Framework to appear on. Using your browser, view the page source and look for a line of code near the top of the page which begins
<div id="content" class="; the class is the name of the template. So for the main forum page, the line of code is: <div id="content" class="forum_list">, which makes the template forum_list.

Add the template names to each widget.
That doesn't work. It is currently set to "hook:ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel" which works but shows the widget on the forum home AND search page. If I use "forum_list" it doesn't show up at all. :(

That doesn't work. It is currently set to "hook:ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel" which works but shows the widget on the forum home AND search page. If I use "forum_list" it doesn't show up at all. :(
forum_list does show on the forums page, that's what I use on my site. Using the hook that you have chosen will display it on all pages that have the hook which includes the members page. Note that you have to add forum_list to all widgets.

When I change it from "hook:ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel" to "forum_list" on each active widget, they disappear and don't show up anywhere....

Last edited:
Top Bottom