Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
I am having issues with HTML widget covering some of my site too. And also the expression effectively working as a conditional but also producing errors in the ACP error log.

Yesterday I was told to truncate the search index table due to a MySQL crash and rebuild the search index. I did so, but the home page's Latest Threads side block widget still caching years old threads, even though I changed the cache to 0. How do I correct this? I've already cleared Cloudflare cache after the search reindexing was completed last night as well.

I even change the layout to Sidebar (avatar...) option, didn't do anything. Still shows default layout.

Simple question, hope the answer is easy too!

I'm trying to figure out how to have all sidebar items on this page appear on the left under the Categories box.
I'm using widget framework if that helps.
Thanks in advance for guidance!

How to I go from this:
screen-shot-2015-05-30-at-8-39-50-am-png.107414

to this?

screen-shot-2015-05-30-at-8-42-54-am-png.107415

I'm told this add-on makes it difficult to use a sidebar block for the Media add-on.

Is this true?

Can widget framework be used to display latest Media entries? If so, how?

Tx!

Yesterday I was told to truncate the search index table due to a MySQL crash and rebuild the search index. I did so, but the home page's Latest Threads side block widget still caching years old threads, even though I changed the cache to 0. How do I correct this? I've already cleared Cloudflare cache after the search reindexing was completed last night as well.

I even change the layout to Sidebar (avatar...) option, didn't do anything. Still shows default layout.
The Threads renderer does not use search index table to prepare its data FYI. That means truncating that table won't affect the widget in anyway. There are a few type of Threads (for example: most view) which may show old threads. How did you configure it? A screenshot should be useful.

Reactions: rdn
I am having issues with HTML widget covering some of my site too. And also the expression effectively working as a conditional but also producing errors in the ACP error log.
It depends on the HTML contents. In the screenshot, the YouTube embed code has higher display priority so the popup menu is hidden behind it. This can be fixed by editing EXTRA.css template. However, I need to see the HTML contents to have fix though, best to send me your site info via conversation?

I've got an expression like this:

Code:
$visitor['user_id'] AND !$visitor['customFields']['hide_ads']

However, some users have not yet saved their preferences on the site and do not have a "hide_ads" key in their options blob... so I get these errors:

ErrorException: Undefined index: hide_ads - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(498) : runtime-created function:3

Is there some way to add a check in the expression so that it only tries to read the customField if that field exists or is there a Helper or some other way to read the customFields?

I've got an expression like this:

Code:
$visitor['user_id'] AND !$visitor['customFields']['hide_ads']

However, some users have not yet saved their preferences on the site and do not have a "hide_ads" key in their options blob... so I get these errors:

Is there some way to add a check in the expression so that it only tries to read the customField if that field exists or is there a Helper or some other way to read the customFields?
You can use this, don't even need to check the user_id.

PHP:
empty($visitor['customFields']['hide_ads'])

Hi,

I installed Widget framework. However, i have been having an issue.

When I do not clear the sidebar, widgets of "Forum Statistics", "Members Online Now", etc. show even when I have them disabled. When I clear the sidebar, only the statuses show.

I'm trying to have a widget that shows recent replies but it will not show, not use I do not clear Sidebar but then it shows the widgets that I do not want.

Any help, please?

Hi,

I installed Widget framework. However, i have been having an issue.

When I do not clear the sidebar, widgets of "Forum Statistics", "Members Online Now", etc. show even when I have them disabled. When I clear the sidebar, only the statuses show.

I'm trying to have a widget that shows recent replies but it will not show, not use I do not clear Sidebar but then it shows the widgets that I do not want.

Any help, please?
If you don't want the default sidebar, you should enable the Clear Sidebar widget.
When you enable that widget, if only the Recent Status widget is visible, please double check the display order of the other widgets.

If you don't want the default sidebar, you should enable the Clear Sidebar widget.
When you enable that widget, if only the Recent Status widget is visible, please double check the display order of the other widgets.

Thanks for your quick response.

Since i posted that, i tried re-installing the Widget Framework. Now, if I clear sidebar, it gets rid of everything. but if I do not, it shows all the widgets that I disabled and doesn't show the new widget that I am trying to add.

Thanks for your quick response.

Since i posted that, i tried re-installing the Widget Framework. Now, if I clear sidebar, it gets rid of everything. but if I do not, it shows all the widgets that I disabled and doesn't show the new widget that I am trying to add.
As I said, you need to enable the Clear Sidebar. And add new widget with display order > 10.

Top Bottom