Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Well it works for everyone else.

I suggest you post a screenshot of the settings for one of your widgets. A link to your site would also be helpful, it'd difficult to diagnose issues by guesswork.

Hi, is there any way of displaying the sidebar on the homepage to other pages? I want to display the sidebar on every page, not just the homepage? Is there any settings to do so? I have looked through settings but I haven't noticed it.

Use the ALL position. This is explained inside every widget if you open them up.

I'd suggest targeting specific templates though as using ALL will add to everything and personally I don't think the sidebar looks right on some pages.

Well it works for everyone else.

I suggest you post a screenshot of the settings for one of your widgets. A link to your site would also be helpful, it'd difficult to diagnose issues by guesswork.
Okay, here is some shots of two widgets. One for on-line users, and the other for recent pictures (I use snoob's gallery).

Attachments

• screen1.webp
    screen1.webp
    70 KB · Views: 12
  • screen2.webp
    screen2.webp
    73.8 KB · Views: 12
Okay, here is some shots of two widgets. One for on-line users, and the other for recent pictures (I use snoob's gallery).
Those screenshots show those widgets using the hook position. Remove that and put forum_list in there instead. Do this for all widgets and it should work.

BTW if you are using the Clear Sidebar widget, make sure that's at the top position (0), if it's lower than other widgets I think it clears them too.

lol I mentioned in one of my previous posts that I tried "forun_list" which simply makes the widgets disappear from ANY page. Your response was "it works for everyone else".

Why is @xfrocks not replying? Isn't this his add-on? Clearly there is something going on with my settings I guess.

I spelled it wrong here on the forum yes, I was upset and typing too fast. But I spelled it correctly in widget settings and it does NOT work. When going from "hook:ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel" to "forum_list" the widget disappears from forum home AND the search page. When I put it back to "hook:ad_sidebar_below_visitor_panel" it shows up as normal.

Again, let's wait for the actual mod creator to reply. Clearly there is something going on beyond your ability to correct, no offense.

Again, let's wait for the actual mod creator to reply.
You might be waiting some time, he's not responded in this thread for a while.

I suggest you disable all other add-ons and use an unedited default style and then test with forum_list as the position to see if it works. If it does, then you'll need to determine which add-on or style is causing the issue.

Is there a widget available to combine New Threads and Recent Replies (like XF's default New Posts page, which considers new threads to be posts) in the same list?

Do these particular widgets remove items from the list once they're read (like XF's default New Posts page)?

You might be waiting some time, he's not responded in this thread for a while.

I suggest you disable all other add-ons and use an unedited default style and then test with forum_list as the position to see if it works. If it does, then you'll need to determine which add-on or style is causing the issue.
Okay, no worries. I'll tinker with it a bit, but I really like how it looks, except for this one issue, so unless someone on my forum complains, I may just leave it alone.

Thanks for your help @Martok :D

Is there a widget available to combine New Threads and Recent Replies (like XF's default New Posts page, which considers new threads to be posts) in the same list?

Do these particular widgets remove items from the list once they're read (like XF's default New Posts page)?
I don't think there is. I had to use two different widgets for this....

There are no such merged widget. But you can use tabs for both of them?

hi all, can anyone help to stop the widgets showing on the resources pages. I only want the sidebars to show on the nodes/threads and not when i goto resources.

Top Bottom