Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Having an issue with the sidebar controls for dealing with reports is being removed by the clear widget set to all, from an earlier reply someone suggested adding this to the expression list

!in_array($contentTemplate, array
('report_list','report_view')
)

but I'm getting this error: ErrorException: Undefined variable: contentTemplate - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(498) : runtime-created function:1

Any idea what I might be doing wrong

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi
Don't know if anyone can help or not. I've created a Widget page to use as a homepage. I've got a 'Recent threads' widget as position '0' and a xen media gallery widget in position '1' However, the galley always displays above the recent threads. (see screen shots below) Any ideas?
1.png

2.png

As can be clearly seen from the screenshot, the avatar for the last poster displays the default avatar and not the members actual avatar.

EDIT: Also, how do you style/change color of the tabs you get when you create a tab group?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-10-12 at 12.14.51 AM.webp
    Screen shot 2014-10-12 at 12.14.51 AM.webp
    31.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I'd like to know what to add for the position for;
recent activity

Or basically I want it to show everywhere apart from when a user is reading a Thread

Last edited:
Hi
Don't know if anyone can help or not. I've created a Widget page to use as a homepage. I've got a 'Recent threads' widget as position '0' and a xen media gallery widget in position '1' However, the galley always displays above the recent threads. (see screen shots below) Any ideas?
1.png

2.png
I have found it works better to set everything in multiples of ten, have had lots of issues with widgets not showing at all if they aren't a multiple of ten.

Short version: I set up a usergroup called "preorders," how do I make a widget show only to them?

Long version: We are starting to sell merchandise on our site to help cover the costs of our hosting and we are being very careful to make sure that pre-orders get the first chance to order. The widget will be a banner steering them towards the order page which is open only to them.

Short version: I set up a usergroup called "preorders," how do I make a widget show only to them?

Long version: We are starting to sell merchandise on our site to help cover the costs of our hosting and we are being very careful to make sure that pre-orders get the first chance to order. The widget will be a banner steering them towards the order page which is open only to them.
It explains how to do this within a widget. There's an example below the Expression box.

XenForo_Template_Helper_Core::callHelper('ismemberof', array($visitor,3)) -- means: show the widget for users of user group #3 only.

Replace '3' with the group ID number you wish to use, which you can find in the URL of the group when editing it in the ACP.

Got it. I messed with this before and had no luck but it is working this time. Maybe I had a syntax error wrong previously. Thanks Martok.

I couldn't get work to show threads from specific forum. It always show thread from all forums even I choose specific forum. What's wrong?

Where do you edit or adjust the "snippet" length in the layout option under edit widget?
We have a fresh install and it's showing the whole post (5 paragraphs, 300 words) in the widget layout for "sidebar snippet from post". Maybe I can only use that as a sidebar, we're trying to create a home page and use these are part of that layout?

Thanks

Hi

I've ran into a similar problem - in my case, swapping the two elements position around did that trick - so put the gallery as 1 and recent posts as 2, or just visually drag the gallery on top on the edit page, save and see if that helps. No idea why the layout on the edit page is upside down but well :p

Last edited:
You're making it too hard. When you make or edit a widget there is a position field-- put your template names in there. Once you save the widget will appear in the sidebar of that page. You do not have to edit th

Back
Top Bottom