Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
Is this still happening? :eek:

This is by design, the widget title can be empty so it cannot be used here. Probably I will just change it to use widget ID, but that is not really user friendly either.

Yes it's still happening, both the tab display and navbar/footer disappearance. It seems that for some reason on our forums the framework is quite broken and I'm damned if I know why :(. It makes me sad.

Yes it's still happening, both the tab display and navbar/footer disappearance. It seems that for some reason on our forums the framework is quite broken and I'm damned if I know why :(. It makes me sad.
What is the problem with navbar/footer disappearance?

Also, please take a few screenshot of the 3 tabs for me to reproduce, thanks. You may want to start a conversation with me to keep it private.

Thanks so much for fixing the problem due to my stupidityMr Rocks.

I have however noticed errors in the server log a follows:

ErrorException: Undefined variable: resources - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/XFRM/Resources.php:179
Generated By: Unknown Account, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home1/oldrdev/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/XFRM/Resources.php(179): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(Array, 'forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#1 /home1/oldrdev/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer/XFRM/Resources.php(103): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_XFRM_Resources->_getResources(Array, 'forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#2 /home1/oldrdev/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(668): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer_XFRM_Resources->_render(Array, 'forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Object(_WidgetFramework_ArrayOfString))
#3 /home1/oldrdev/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(352): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render('forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '???????????<!--...')
#4 /home1/oldrdev/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(264): WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor('forum_list', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#5 /home1/oldrdev/public_html/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(87): WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor('forum_list', '????????????<ol...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#6 /home1/oldrdev/public_html/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render(Array, Array)
#7 /home1/oldrdev/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'forum_list')
#8 /home1/oldrdev/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#9 /home1/oldrdev/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(119): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#10 /home1/oldrdev/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(604): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#11 /home1/oldrdev/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#12 /home1/oldrdev/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#13 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(35) "http://onlinedawdlers.com/index.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

If I disable the widget they don't appear. They don't seem to affect anything greatly, just thought you would like to know about it :).

Any word on this?
You can use this
PHP:
$visitor['visible']

Thanks so much for fixing the problem due to my stupidityMr Rocks.

I have however noticed errors in the server log a follows:

If I disable the widget they don't appear. They don't seem to affect anything greatly, just thought you would like to know about it :).
Looks like a problem when you configure the Resources renderer. Please take a screenshot of the widget edit page for me. Sorry for your inconvenience.

Q: Can we use category id instead? That way, show widget under category X would cover all the forums under this category.
A: Yes, you can use this with "forum_view" position or similar:
PHP:
$forum['parent_node_id'] == <category-id>

This works great for when I'm browsing a category's children. However when viewing the category itself, it throws an error if I try to put the widget in category_view.

How do I show a widget with category_view, but only on certain category pages?

@xfrocks - once I create the widget page, how do I link to it? what is the URL?

In the URL portion I entered "NFC-Latest-News" but then I go to domain.com/forums/NFC-Latest-News/ site displays "The requested page could not be found." wrapped around xenforo template.

I need the URL so I can add it to the menu..

Code:
    <!-- mytab -->
        <li class="navTab PopupClosed"><a href="LINK" class="navLink">TAB LABEL</a></li>

Looks like a problem when you configure the Resources renderer. Please take a screenshot of the widget edit page for me. Sorry for your inconvenience.

I think I may have solved the issue, it doesn't appear to like not having any resource categories selected. Selected a few and the error has gone.

I think I've said it before but I'll say it again: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/threadst-list-widget-bd-widget.65477/

Your thread's list widget does not behave in the same manner as the default xenforo threads list. Instead of showing the latest replied threads, the 'New Thread's option only shows the latest created threads. It does not show threads with the most recent replies like the basic xenforo threads list does. The other option it gives us, 'New Replies' does show threads with the most recent replies but the problem with that widget is that it does not show the thread author avatar and username, it only shows the last poster's avatar and username. Can you consider altering this widget please to function a little more like the default Xenforo threads list behavior?

hello @xfrocks

How to convert this <xen:if> condiftion in an expression :

<xen:if is="!in_array({$contentTemplate}, array('error', 'search_form', 'search_form_post', 'search_form_profile_post', 'xengallery_search_form_media', 'search_results', 'register_form', 'login', 'error_with_login','Foolbothoneypot_register_form'))">

Thank you !

This works great for when I'm browsing a category's children. However when viewing the category itself, it throws an error if I try to put the widget in category_view.

How do I show a widget with category_view, but only on certain category pages?
If you are using the widget in multiple positions, you will need to check for variables like this

PHP:
(!empty($forum) AND $forum['parent_node_id'] = 1)
OR (!empty($category) AND $category['node_id'] == 1)

@xfrocks - once I create the widget page, how do I link to it? what is the URL?

In the URL portion I entered "NFC-Latest-News" but then I go to domain.com/forums/NFC-Latest-News/ site displays "The requested page could not be found." wrapped around xenforo template.

I need the URL so I can add it to the menu..

Code:
    <!-- mytab -->
        <li class="navTab PopupClosed"><a href="LINK" class="navLink">TAB LABEL</a></li>
You do not display it in the node list? You can let it display, copy the URL and hide it again. In your case, it should be http://domain.com/widget-pages/NFC-Latest-News/

I think I've said it before but I'll say it again: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/threadst-list-widget-bd-widget.65477/

Your thread's list widget does not behave in the same manner as the default xenforo threads list. Instead of showing the latest replied threads, the 'New Thread's option only shows the latest created threads. It does not show threads with the most recent replies like the basic xenforo threads list does. The other option it gives us, 'New Replies' does show threads with the most recent replies but the problem with that widget is that it does not show the thread author avatar and username, it only shows the last poster's avatar and username. Can you consider altering this widget please to function a little more like the default Xenforo threads list behavior?
Well, default XenForo threads list does not show up in sidebar so... it is different by design. For "New Threads" mode, it does make sense to show the relevant information (last poster). If you prefer the default XenForo list, choose "full" layout, the widget will be rendered exactly like how XenForo does it.

hello @xfrocks

How to convert this <xen:if> condiftion in an expression :

<xen:if is="!in_array({$contentTemplate}, array('error', 'search_form', 'search_form_post', 'search_form_profile_post', 'xengallery_search_form_media', 'search_results', 'register_form', 'login', 'error_with_login','Foolbothoneypot_register_form'))">

Thank you !
Like this:
PHP:
!in_array($contentTemplate, array('error', 'search_form', 'search_form_post', 'search_form_profile_post', 'xengallery_search_form_media', 'search_results', 'register_form', 'login', 'error_with_login','Foolbothoneypot_register_form'))

Xfrocks., Do you have any documentation on how to use the widget page node feature? It' s very confusing right now. How to properly manage widget to arrage the same as XenPorta (with sidebar).

@xfrocks
Is there a way to let members enable / disable a widget?
For example: I want to add a chatbox widget which shows at the top of each page.
Naturally some users will find this useful while others find it highly annoying and need to turn it off. I would like to provide them with a preferences setting to turn that widget off.

Hi @xfrocks,

When I try to enter a URL in the "Title", I get an error message:

Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'title' at row 1
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1628
XenForo_DataWriter->_update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1597
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1393
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in WidgetFramework/ControllerAdmin/Widget.php at line 148
WidgetFramework_ControllerAdmin_Widget->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/comuni1a/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Xfrocks., Do you have any documentation on how to use the widget page node feature? It' s very confusing right now. How to properly manage widget to arrage the same as XenPorta (with sidebar).
Sorry no. Please note that the feature is still being heavily developed.

@xfrocks
Is there a way to let members enable / disable a widget?
For example: I want to add a chatbox widget which shows at the top of each page.
Naturally some users will find this useful while others find it highly annoying and need to turn it off. I would like to provide them with a preferences setting to turn that widget off.
Sorry no.

Hi @xfrocks,

When I try to enter a URL in the "Title", I get an error message:

Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Data too long for column 'title' at row 1
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1628
XenForo_DataWriter->_update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1597
XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1393
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in WidgetFramework/ControllerAdmin/Widget.php at line 148
WidgetFramework_ControllerAdmin_Widget->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/comuni1a/public_html/admin.php at line 13
Looks like you entered a too long title, it is limited to 75 characters for now. Next version will increase this limit.

Last edited:
@xfrocks, On the "Expression" box can I create a condition to detect a certain browser ?
Like this:
if browser = operamini{
Hide Content
}

It would be nice, if you would save the widget informations of "not working widgets" somewhere (e.g. logfile or error log)

I didn't even know that this can happen until i've seen in my uncached phrases log the prhase xf_unknown_renderer
which is being called in prepareWidget()
PHP:
$widget['rendererName'] = new XenForo_Phrase('xf_unknown_renderer', array('class' => $widget['class']));
       $widget['rendererNotFound'] = true;
       $widget['active'] = false;

@xfrocks, On the "Expression" box can I create a condition to detect a certain browser ?
Like this:
if browser = operamini{
Hide Content
}
Technically possible but it will be rather complicated...

It would be nice, if you would save the widget informations of "not working widgets" somewhere (e.g. logfile or error log)

I didn't even know that this can happen until i've seen in my uncached phrases log the prhase xf_unknown_renderer
which is being called in prepareWidget()
PHP:
$widget['rendererName'] = new XenForo_Phrase('xf_unknown_renderer', array('class' => $widget['class']));
       $widget['rendererNotFound'] = true;
       $widget['active'] = false;
It was logged into server error log before but the number of log entry cannot be controlled and it basically flood the table and decrease server performance... I will see what I can do.

Technically possible but it will be rather complicated...

It was logged into server error log before but the number of log entry cannot be controlled and it basically flood the table and decrease server performance... I will see what I can do.
May I know it please?
Instead of using the "Deactivate for mobile" feature of BD Widget.
I want to hide certain widget for operamini user's only.

Top Bottom