Resource icon

[bd] Widget Framework 2.6.6

No permission to download
I don't know the proper way to report glitches and/or feature requests, but here I go:

When the board is inactive the sidebar is not displayed.

Would be possible to get it work even when the board is inactive?

Thank you! :)

Edit: the sidebar is not displayed on error pages either (404, etc).

Last edited:
@xfrocks
I'm trying to add a HTML widget on this forum node
Expression $forum['node_id'] == 61
Position: pagenode_container ->> this does not work
Position: all --> this will work as expected.

Is it a bug?
Basically, i'm trying to add a tabbed sidebar navigation that will display on some forums/page nodes. Is there a better approach?
@xfrocks
With the position All, I got hundreds of server errors in ACP
ErrorException: Undefined variable: forum - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(483) : runtime-created function:1
Generated By: Unknown Account, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(483) : runtime-created function(1): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 1, Array)
#1 [internal function]: __lambda_func(Array)
#2 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(487): call_user_func('?lambda_297', Array)
#3 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(573): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->_executeExpression('$forum['node_id...', Array)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(352): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render(Array, 'all', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
#5 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(269): WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor('all', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
#6 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(87): WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor('qnt_latest_post...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#7 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render('qnt_latest_post...', '???', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#8 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#9 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'qnt_latest_post...')
#10 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#11 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/QuantNetLatestPosts/View/SearchLatestPosts.php(7): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#12 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): QuantNetLatestPosts_View_SearchLatestPosts->renderJson()
#13 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(88): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('QuantNetLatestP...', 'Json', Array, 'qnt_latest_post...')
#14 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(572): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView('QuantNetLatestP...', Array, 'qnt_latest_post...', NULL)
#15 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json), Array)
#16 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#17 {main}

@xfrocks
With the position All, I got hundreds of server errors in ACP
ErrorException: Undefined variable: forum - library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(483) : runtime-created function:1
Generated By: Unknown Account, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(483) : runtime-created function(1): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 1, Array)
#1 [internal function]: __lambda_func(Array)
#2 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(487): call_user_func('?lambda_297', Array)
#3 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/WidgetRenderer.php(573): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->_executeExpression('$forum['node_id...', Array)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(352): WidgetFramework_WidgetRenderer->render(Array, 'all', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
#5 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/Core.php(269): WidgetFramework_Core->_renderWidgetsFor('all', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), '')
#6 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/WidgetFramework/Listener.php(87): WidgetFramework_Core->renderWidgetsFor('qnt_latest_post...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#7 [internal function]: WidgetFramework_Listener::template_post_render('qnt_latest_post...', '???', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#8 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#9 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'qnt_latest_post...')
#10 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#11 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/QuantNetLatestPosts/View/SearchLatestPosts.php(7): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#12 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php(227): QuantNetLatestPosts_View_SearchLatestPosts->renderJson()
#13 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php(88): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject('QuantNetLatestP...', 'Json', Array, 'qnt_latest_post...')
#14 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(572): XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderView('QuantNetLatestP...', Array, 'qnt_latest_post...', NULL)
#15 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json), Array)
#16 /home/nginx/domains/quantnet.com/public/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#17 {main}
Solved.
The position should be forum_view ;)

I'm looking to hide the Members Online Now widget from both guests and hidden users but I'm not quite sure how to do this.

I know that to hide from guests you use the expression $visitor['user_id'] > 0

I also know that in templates, to hide something from hidden users you wrap it in the conditional

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.visible}">

</xen:if>

However, I'm not quite sure what to use in the Expression box for this widget to get this to work as well as hiding it from guests.

Any help on this would be appreciated. :)
I figured out how to do this, so thought I'd post to let others know.

Find the template wf_widget_online_users

Edit the template and then wrap the contents in the conditional

Code:
<xen:if is="{$visitor.visible}">

</xen:if>

I'm not sure if there is a way of doing the same thing using PHP in the Expression box for this widget (@xfrocks ?) but this way seems to work. :)

Resource works great, small issue i have is somehow in customizing a template, I somehow made the "facebook like" button disappear, twitter and google+ work normally. Facebook like works and if i change to default or another template, any suggestions?

Would re-installing the framework help or have i broken something, im new to xenforo and getting my head around php and from what i can see the code looks correct

Have come across an interesting problem I'm unable to fix. Have recently upgraded to XF 1.2.3 and the last Framework version. With any widgets I use that are HTML or template it displays the next widget information in the one before it when in a tab.

For example tab one displays fine, tab two will be blank unless there's a tab three set, then it will display the contents that are supposed to be in tab 3????

I've uninstalled all addons, except Resource Manager, in an attempt to fix this and deleted all files in the library, js folders etc ... unfortunately it's still occurring.

Anyone have ideas on why this is happening and how I can fix it?

There is a conflict of some sort with this add on -http://xenforo.com/community/threads/tinhte-xentag.32231/page-44#post-683675 when I turn off xentag its fine, but when on I get this in my footer.

Screen Shot 2013-12-14 at 8.40.12 AM.webp

Yes - only at the footer area, I disabled reveal as you normally would in the header, the red button. For some reason when xentag is enabled it shows the "add widget" in my footer, goes away when disabling xentag.

How do I configure [BD] Widget Framework to display a home portal page at the domain root? example:

http://gridironfans.com my portal Widget Page
and
http://gridironfans.com/forums/ the xenforo forums default (what you see there now)

Xenforo is installed in /html_root/forums/

If I have to move xenforo install from /html_root/forums/ to /html_root/ -- Do I just move the files?? What configuration is required on the Portal page? Any routes necessary?

Thanks!

If I have to move xenforo install from /html_root/forums/ to /html_root/ -- Do I just move the files??

Yes, http://xenforo.com/community/threads/moving-from-forum-to-directory-root.22750/

What configuration is required on the Portal page?
You create a new widget page from ACP | Applications | Create New Widget Page, and then add the desired widgets - http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bd-widget-framework.28014/page-110#post-658971

Any routes necessary?
ACP | Options | Basic Board Information, and set the Widget Page as Index, and then teh route to use for the forum index (this latter bit isn't working for me, so have come here to ask a questions)

After using a Widget Page to use as a portal and set it to be the site homepage, how do I define the URL route that is used for the forum index?
From ACP | Options | Basic Board Information I have put "forum/" into the 'Index Page Route' setting, but the Forums nav tab is still routing to /forums/
Have I missed something?
Widget Framework v2.4.3 on Xf 1.2.3

After using a Widget Page to use as a portal and set it to be the site homepage, how do I define the URL route that is used for the forum index?
From ACP | Options | Basic Board Information I have put "forum/" into the 'Index Page Route' setting, but the Forums nav tab is still routing to /forums/
Have I missed something?
Widget Framework v2.4.3 on Xf 1.2.3
When you set a widget page as the index, it will ignore the "Index Page Route" setting. If you want to change the route to Forums nav tab, you can setup route changer, but that will affect forum links too FYI.

Have come across an interesting problem I'm unable to fix. Have recently upgraded to XF 1.2.3 and the last Framework version. With any widgets I use that are HTML or template it displays the next widget information in the one before it when in a tab.

For example tab one displays fine, tab two will be blank unless there's a tab three set, then it will display the contents that are supposed to be in tab 3????

I've uninstalled all addons, except Resource Manager, in an attempt to fix this and deleted all files in the library, js folders etc ... unfortunately it's still occurring.

Further to the above problem whenever I add a HTML or template widget it removes the nav bar and footer. Also get the problem above. Have notyiced that when deleting any widget it comes up with a message deleting widget and the position it was set to - not it's name.

upload_2013-12-21_9-56-25.webp

Is this still happening? :eek:

Further to the above problem whenever I add a HTML or template widget it removes the nav bar and footer. Also get the problem above. Have notyiced that when deleting any widget it comes up with a message deleting widget and the position it was set to - not it's name.

View attachment 63404
This is by design, the widget title can be empty so it cannot be used here. Probably I will just change it to use widget ID, but that is not really user friendly either.

Top Bottom