• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Announcing Forum Runner - XenForo iPhone/iPad/Android App!

The background color issue has been fixed. Please download version 1.0.1 and install it (re-upload the files and overwrite them) as well as import the new .XML file. The color setting will be in Options->Forum Runner now. Enter it in "#RRGGBB" format.

The options link links to edit the master style properties, which aren't available to edit outside of debug mode.

It adds a javascript file to the page_container_head template hook. This is what pops up a one-time notification for users who are browsing via mobile browser to let them know the forum supports the app. Once they hit OK or Cancel they don't get the prompt again (sets a cookie).

You can disable this in Options->Forum Runner->Enable Forum Runner Prompt. Just disable it and the javascript won't be sent.

Yeah, I changed this in 1.0.1. I removed the style-properties color and moved it to Options->Forum Runner. Probably was the wrong place to put it in the first place. I just liked having the color chooser.

Hmm. I thought I had updated to 1.0.1? I'll try again though. There is no version number indicated in the list of addons.

EDIT:
Ah, in the first post the link (despite saying 1.0.1) links to 1.0.0. It's a confusing behavior of TinyMCE, I've had it happen on my site before.. when editing links you must edit the link itself, not just the link text.

Hmm. I thought I had updated to 1.0.1? I'll try again though. There is no version number indicated in the list of addons.

Make sure you install the addon XML file from 1.0.1 along with uploading the upload dir and overwriting.

On my list of add-ons it shows "Forum Runner for XenForo 1.0.1"

Yeah, got it sorted now, thanks :)
EDIT:
Ah, in the first post the link (despite saying 1.0.1) links to 1.0.0. It's a confusing behavior of TinyMCE, I've had it happen on my site before.. when editing links you must edit the link itself, not just the link text.

EDIT:

Oops. I edited it. Thanks for pointing it out.

why is this plugin needed ?
Is it not possible to read the XF-Forum on a mobile phone ?

Yes, XenForo is already quite fast, and on a wifi or fast 3g/4g the 'real' browser in the smartphone will render it just fine.

However, for an easier to navigate and better overview of the options to a mobile user, optimized for mobile .. use, having a mobile application to do just that 'a smooth browsing experience' .... is desirable.

personally i live in the NL, where 3g is 14mbit down and wifi is 120mbit (well, what 802.11n supports)
but people in san fran on at&t for example and others with rediculous data caps .. might enjoy having most of the code of the page pre-rendered on the phone, and just pulling data without the bells and whistles, directly into the phone.

Just one of the few examples of the benefits.

Only scanned page one and didnt see my question yet. What is the difference between buying the full app and buying the paid app?

and therein lies the problem.
I just read the whole thread, only thing I discerned was that with the free one you can only view. Thanks for being a smartass, but I'd still like to know if there are any other disadvantages such as reminders to buy the full app or anything unsavory along those lines.

Top Bottom