• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Announcing Forum Runner - XenForo iPhone/iPad/Android App!

I'm absolutely not interested in price gouging - price will likely go down with competition not up. It takes a lot of development work to keep the app up to date with bug fixes and new features - the yearly fee is to offset development costs.

The pricing model for branded forums might not be for every forum.

I can guarantee the price will never go UP.

From personal experience it takes about a month to two months to get a fully baked app done in a new operating system. It mainly involves me learning whatever language and framework is required. Windows Phone 7 is definitely on the radar for a spring/summer release. Definitely something I'd like to support especially with Nokia's announcement that they're backing the OS.

i love this and will use it

2 things

!) can we get the free version to test out, and then upgrade to the branded...or should i wait to get the branded

2) do you create custom apps?

Looks lame...

...because it doesn't come with a smartphone. :( lol Once I upgrade my phone, I'm looking forward to using it; great work!

When the new fix, updates out for the apps, how the members will get notified via their iOS/android platform. I use Blackberry so I do not know about it.
I imagine as forum owner and purchaser of a branding option, we will get notified via email

i love this and will use it

2 things

!) can we get the free version to test out, and then upgrade to the branded...or should i wait to get the branded

There is a free version in both the iTunes app store as well as the Android Market. It has full functionality except it cannot post/reply/send private messages. You can log in and read.

You know, actually I have some promo codes to give out for the full version on iTunes. If you run a forum and are interested in a promo code to download the 1.99$ full app for free, shoot me a PM. I can give out one per forum. :-)

2) do you create custom apps?

To an extent. Yes, we can do some custom work. If its extremely extensive work I might have to decline it as I only have a limited time to work on it. :-) Shoot me an e-mail at support at forumrunner.net or a PM here!

sorry to clarify...i meant as an owner. It is free for me unless i brand it. Free for me, costs my members. Cost to me, free to my members.

Can I start out free and then upgrade to branded so it is free to members?

When the new fix, updates out for the apps, how the members will get notified via their iOS/android platform. I use Blackberry so I do not know about it.
I imagine as forum owner and purchaser of a branding option, we will get notified via email

Yes, when there is a new add-on released you will get an e-mail if your forum is outdated.

I also have full support for analytics. In the Forum Manager you can see how many users (and unique users) have connected via Forum Runner to your site over the last 30 days - and which mobile app they are using (iPhone vs Android). The Forum Manager also will show you how many times your branded app has been downloaded from Apple.

As for app updates, I haven't been sending out emails on them, but I could notify you if you like.

sorry to clarify...i meant as an owner. It is free for me unless i brand it. Free for me, costs my members. Cost to me, free to my members.

Can I start out free and then upgrade to branded so it is free to members?

Oh. Yeah, of course! Just install the add-on normally and its totally free. If you want to upgrade to a branded app later on down the road you always can. We've had a ton of forums opt for this. Usually they install the add-on to try it out and see how popular it is. Then the users of course love it and they go and buy a branded version. ;-)

I tried to register my account at http://www.forumrunner.net/?p=create but every time I complete all the fields and press the 'Complete Registration' button it says: You must enter a password.
But I've entered a password. Done it 3 or 4 times - result is the same.
Can you help me please?

Yes, when there is a new add-on released you will get an e-mail if your forum is outdated.

I also have full support for analytics. In the Forum Manager you can see how many users (and unique users) have connected via Forum Runner to your site over the last 30 days - and which mobile app they are using (iPhone vs Android). The Forum Manager also will show you how many times your branded app has been downloaded from Apple.

As for app updates, I haven't been sending out emails on them, but I could notify you if you like.
I meant to ask for my users. Does your app have a "Check for update" for people who download them from the App store? I obviously don't know how people know about new versions in iPhone/android.

Do I have to notify them?

Just installed it on one of my forums and it works great, the installation was fast and super easy. Kudos.

I just visited there on my iPad and got a popup saying it supported it with the forum runner app. Is the iPad version different or is it just 2x the iPhone one?

I meant to ask for my users. Does your app have a "Check for update" for people who download them from the App store? I obviously don't know how people know about new versions in iPhone/android.

Do I have to notify them?

Nope. Both Apple app store and android market will let users know when there are updates for apps.

I just visited there on my iPad and got a popup saying it supported it with the forum runner app. Is the iPad version different or is it just 2x the iPhone one?

Nope it is a universal app and supports the iPad natively. This means everything looks nice on the iPad and once you buy the app it is for both the iPhone and iPad. None of that pay once for iPhone then 3x as much for a iPad HD version shenanigans.

Finally registered an account with another browser. ClemsonJeeper, please check the registration form, users with Opera browser wouldn't be able to register.

Top Bottom