What is Forum Runner?
Forum Runner is a XenForo add-on that allows your users to browse your forum using a native Android/iPhone/iPad client. This means faster access for those users since it only downloads the actual forum information rather than all the extraneous images that slow down the mobile connection.
Forum Runner now supports the iPad natively! Download the Forum Runner app once and support both iPhone and iPad versions in one universal app!
Forum Runner is FREE for forum owners to install, and takes less than 5 minutes. The client for the iPhone/iPad/Android costs 1.99$ which is LESS THAN THE COMPETITORS, and has more features. Please see the list below for full information on Forum Runner's features.
Forum Runner inherits all the security built into XenForo, so users running Forum Runner will only be able to see the same forums and threads as they could using a regular browser.
Forum Runner Feature List
- Native Android/iPad/iPhone support
- iOS 4 multitasking support
- Browse your favorite forums in an easy-to-use-interface with multiple notification types (private message, subscription, etc)
- Fully customizable home screen with your favorite forums
- FREE PUSH NOTIFICATION SUPPORT : Get private message and subscribed thread updates from your favorite forums in the background!
- Poll updates (private messages/subscriptions) from favorites on home screen - shows you a summary of which forums you have new messages or subscriptions on!
- Graphical display of polls - view results and vote on polls
- Moderation tools for your moderators/admins (close/open thread, stick/unstick thread, move thread, delete posts, etc)
- Image attachment thumbnail and full size viewing from threads
- View a thread's image attachments in one convenient screen (much like the native iPhone "Photo" app)
- Save thread images to your iPhone/iPod touch library
- Fully searchable forums!
- Multi-quote support
- View embedded links without leaving the app, including YouTube videos
- Supports portrait AND landscape mode
- Full posting options (quote posts, start new thread, etc)
- Attach unlimited photos from your library (or take a photo from the camera and attach it)
- Full support for private messages and private message folders
- Full support for thread subscriptions - track your favorite threads and be updated via push when they have new posts!
There is a Free version available in the iTunes App Store and Google Market as well which allows your users to try out Forum Runner before making a decision to buy it. It has all the features of the full version except that it does not have the ability to post threads and a few other differences which are outlined on http://www.forumrunner.com.
Some screen shots of Forum Runner running on various devices:
iPhone: Home Screen with customizable icons and notifications:
Push notification updates while outside the app:
Image attachment browser from a thread:
Fully searchable forums:
Full forum browsing:
How do I get the Forum Runner XenForo Add-On?
To register and download the add-on for your forum, simply head over to http://www.forumrunner.com/?p=register. Full instructions to register your forum in the Forum Runner database are there. Once you register your forum, you can download the add-on there. There are also full installation instructions as well!
Also, there is a support forum located at: http://www.forumrunner.com/forum Please post up your ideas or any issues you have with the App there.
Get Your Own Customized App For Your Forum
If you do not want your users to have to pay a fee for the app, you can purchase your own branded version of Forum Runner that is free for your users and goes directly to your forum. We take care of creating, listing, and maintaining the app for you! For more information, please visit http://www.forumrunner.com/?p=branding
How can I get the Forum Runner iPhone Client?
Either search "Forum Runner" in the App Store on your iPhone, or click one of the links below:
Get Forum Runner Full Version from App Store
Get Forum Runner Free Version from App Store
How can I get the Forum Runner Android Client?
Either search "Forum Runner" in the Google Market on your Android device, or click one of the links below:
Get Forum Runner Full Version from Google Market
Get Forum Runner Free Version from Google Market