Does XenForo work on iPad/Android tablets?

BGL

It works fine on my Android phone and tablet using the Chrome browser.

But what about the editor do you get all the options?

I am only new to Xenforo on a fresh installation all users on iphone / android get just a white box.

They can type and respond but they have no RTE features just a white box when replying to a thread.

I had to apply the tiny mce fix and make this template edit to make it work -

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/tinymce-fix.39387/page-2#post-434565

Yes, the editor functions exactly the same as it does on a standard PC browser, complete with toolbar.

This is what my users get if I disable the tiny mce hack.

So if it works for you and not for me should I raise this as a bug?

image.webp

After I apply the hack tiny mce fix and make the template edit as below it fixes the problem and they get all the buttons.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/tinymce-fix.39387/page-2#post-434565

If you read back on the thread the creator of the hack tiny mce fix clearly states this is disabled by default in code and part of his hack re enables this.

Just want to be sure we have all bases covered before raising a bug report....

If you read back on the thread the creator of the hack tiny mce fix clearly states this is disabled by default in code and part of his hack re enables this.
Just want to be sure we have all bases covered before raising a bug report....
Yes it's not a bug, yes it is disabled by default, yes XenForo doesn't have a Bb Code editor (just a textarea which explains your screenshot) and yes this will change in the future since it has been confirmed developers are working to improve XenForo on mobile devices. So use the fix during the transition and give time to developers to recover from the trial and to code something nice.

Yes it's not a bug, yes it is disabled by default, yes XenForo doesn't have a Bb Code editor (just a textarea which explains your screenshot) and yes this will change in the future since it has been confirmed developers are working to improve XenForo on mobile devices. So use the fix during the transition and give time to developers to recover from the trial and to code something nice.

Yes I get all that but "Brogan" is stating his is working fine so I am concerned something else is going on.

That is why I am posting the pics I did as Brogan is a moderator its concerning if this is disabled by default yet we are being told its working on his side.

Just want to be clear so he can feed this back Kier / Mike so they can ensure its fixed / patched as its a pretty big thing not to support Iphone / Android for RTE and something that should have been fixed in 1.1.4 IMO.

Yes I get all that but "Brogan" is stating his is working fine so I am concerned something else is going on.

That is why I am posting the pics I did as Brogan is a moderator its concerning if this is disabled by default yet we are being told its working on his side.

Just want to be clear so he can feed this back Kier / Mike so they can ensure its fixed / patched as its a pretty big thing not to support Iphone / Android for RTE and something that should have been fixed in 1.1.4 IMO.
Considering the thousands of messages about this concern, I do believe Kier & Mike do know about it. Mike also said it didn't fix this in 1.1.4 because he's planning to remove TinyMCE from XenForo to integrate a new editor.

Well not having a dig at anyone but you can't claim the thousands of messages are getting through to everyone as this thread again is a clear example of the fact that it is not clear even at a moderator level of Xenforo.....

I am also curious how Brogan has it working perfectly fine when technically from what your saying its not possible

I am also curious how Brogan has it working perfectly fine when technically from what your saying its not possible
Brogan might talk about the official page of TinyMCE and tested it with its mobile: http://www.tinymce.com/tryit/full.php (working on mobiles)
Brogan might talk about XenForo once the addon installed (working on mobiles)
Anyway, you got your answers. This addon should have not existed if there hadn't been a trial, so just be patient.

Top Bottom