• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Announcing Forum Runner - XenForo iPhone/iPad/Android App!

And how are admin functionality using the app instead of normal phone browser?

Good point!

If you can make this so I can do most of the normal admin functions from my phone that is VERY handy. Banning people and deleting on the go would be quite convenient!

Good point!

If you can make this so I can do most of the normal admin functions from my phone that is VERY handy. Banning people and deleting on the go would be quite convenient!

We support basic moderation (stick/unstick, lock/unlock, delete posts, delete thread, move thread, delete as spam, report post, ban user).

I'm watching this closely (Blackberry development). Do you have any timeline for it?
What are the benefit of using this on BB? It does not have Push like iPhone/android as far as I know.

And is there a minimum OS for BB like at least OS 5?

No timeline right now. It will likely have a minimum OS requirement. I will know more when I delve into the world of BB programming.

For many sites out there like ours who have a CMS as front page (Wordpress for example), where forum is just one component, that means our members will have to use something different to access the CMS part?

I imagine it would be ideal to have a link from the Forum App to link to Home where it will display some mobile skin?

For many sites out there like ours who have a CMS as front page (Wordpress for example), where forum is just one component, that means our members will have to use something different to access the CMS part?

I imagine it would be ideal to have a link from the Forum App to link to Home where it will display some mobile skin?

Sounds pretty custom. We support this kind of thing with our branded apps. We have developed apps for forums that support in-app video, blogs, in app browsers to other sites, etc. If you're interested in this custom functionality, look up our branding information. This would be difficult to support in a generic forum app. :-)

Sounds pretty custom. We support this kind of thing with our branded apps. We have developed apps for forums that support in-app video, blogs, in app browsers to other sites, etc. If you're interested in this custom functionality, look up our branding information. This would be difficult to support in a generic forum app. :)

Would the Alerts as notifications be far off in the future? Sorry i didn't see a followup.

Would the Alerts as notifications be far off in the future? Sorry i didn't see a followup.

Nah, I have to figure out a good way to implement them, though. Feature velocity is something that I'm proud of (adding lots of new features quickly) so I would imagine within the next week or two. Probably closer to two - I am going to TheForumCon conference in San Francisco next week and then snowboarding in Colorado over the weekend, so won't be seriously programming until after that.

Nah, I have to figure out a good way to implement them, though. Feature velocity is something that I'm proud of (adding lots of new features quickly) so I would imagine within the next week or two. Probably closer to two - I am going to TheForumCon conference in San Francisco next week and then snowboarding in Colorado over the weekend, so won't be seriously programming until after that.

A two week timeline isnt bad at all for a feature this awesome. Great work!

Can't verify. Not sure why. I've installed/uninstalled/reinstalled the addon multiple times and keep getting the message:

Error retrieving the return value from your forum. Please check your installation. You might have also entered the incorrect forum URL in the forum manager. Make sure that the URL is correct, starts with http:// and is the full default path to your forum (example: http://www.testforum.com/forum)

The site url is copy/pasted directly from my bar so I don't know how else to get it to go. Words of wisdom?

I took a couple from the simulator. You can put them in: Thread Summary screen (at bottom) or in the post (at top - below first post) and at the bottom (below last post).

Thread Summary:

ad1.png

Top of Post:

ad2.png

How is this compared to Tapatalk, functionality and price wise?

Better and cheaper? :-) Though, I may be biased.

Tapatalk is 2.99, Forum Runner is 1.99. If you want branding, Tapatalk charges 1000$ per device per forum and you don't get free upgrades with new features. We charge 249/year for branding for 1st device, 100$ each additional device, and include updates and list/maintain the app for you. We support push notifications, they don't... list goes on.

Clemson,
You got me seriously interested as a customer. One of my concerns is that if we stop paying for this after 3 years, all of our members will not be able to use their app anymore.

There should be a better business model. Our members should be able to use it for free and as long as they want it. The site owners should be able to pay one time fee and yearly maintenance fee or something.

Yep that's the only concern I'd have. What if the (very competitive) price doubles in a couple of years and we can no longer afford it.

Having said that, I imagine that'd increase the initial cost dramatically.

Top Bottom