Alert Improvements by Xon

Alert Improvements by Xon 1.5.6

No permission to download
This add-on adds a very light-weight query to find unread alerts for the person posting, when extra posts are returned when a quick reply posts.

If this is causing timing issues; your database is likely not configured correctly.

This add-on adds a very light-weight query to find unread alerts for the person posting, when extra posts are returned when a quick reply posts.

If this is causing timing issues; your database is likely not configured correctly.
Can you offer any details of what MIGHT or COULD be configured incorrectly? I run over 30 forums and been doing this for 20 years. If I'm doing something wrong, I'd love to know.

I'm thinking the issue is more likely a combination of add-ons...

Can you offer any details of what MIGHT or COULD be configured incorrectly? I run over 30 forums and been doing this for 20 years. If I'm doing something wrong, I'd love to know.

I'm thinking the issue is more likely a combination of add-ons...
My Slow query logger add-on can help, however this add-on is provides "as-is".

Please be aware that parsing SQL queries and determining which add-ons they belong to is not something I do for free.

My Slow query logger add-on can help, however this add-on is provides "as-is".

Please be aware that parsing SQL queries and determining which add-ons they belong to is not something I do for free.
The add-on is not crucial for me to use. I liked it. But I can't use it because for whatever reason it's not playing nicely with my setup. As mentioned, it's probably conflicting with another add-on. I posted this here in case anyone else is having trouble AND for you to have something to refer back to if/when somebody else has the same problem. I'm here for your benefit - not mine. I'm no longer using the add-on - and while I like it and appreciate your hard work and dedication - it's no longer of concern to me.

. I'm here for your benefit - not mine
This add-on works fine on a number of large forums with high levels of per-thread user activity. If you don't want troubleshooting suggestions or are unwilling to engade, there isn't anything I can do.

This add-on works fine on a number of large forums with high levels of per-thread user activity. If you don't want troubleshooting suggestions or are unwilling to engade, there isn't anything I can do.
I figured you'd might be curious about which other add-ons are in place. Have a great day.

I had some free time so I decided to delve into the issue a bit. When the "One Signal" add-on is disabled - the Alert Improvements add-on works fine. So there appears to be a conflict between the two add-ons...

I'm not actively developing this add-on due to my XF2 conversion workload.

The post object is available when viewing a post alert, so it would be possible to access to recent liked users list and add it to the template.

Top Bottom