A collection of improvements to the XenForo Alerts system.
- Compatible XF Versions:
- Additional Requirements:
- php 5.5+
- MIT Licence
- Visible Branding:
This add-on requires php 5.5 or newer
- For threads/conversation/profile pages, automatically marks alerts as read from content on a given page when viewed.
- Mark unread link for individual alerts on the Alerts page.
- Supports the following add-ons:
- Post Ratings.
- Conversation Improvements.
- Report Improvements.
- Global Optional, Alert summerization by selected content type or user
- User Option to prevent marking as read when accessing /accounts/alerts page.
- User Option to prevent summerization when accessing /accounts/alerts page.
- User Option to adjust summerization threshold
Supported content types for alert summerization
- Posts Likes
- Post Ratings (From Post Ratings)
- Conversation Message Likes (From Conversation Improvements)
- Report Comment Likes (From Report Improvements)
Alert Summerization Performance impact
- Adds an extra column to xf_alert.
- Code:alter table xf_user_alert summerize_id add int(10) unsigned DEFAULT NULL
- 1 extra SELECT query per thread page request when the user has more than zero active alerts.
- If there are alerts to mark as read, then an extra UPDATE is required.
- On accessing alerts above the summerize threshold, fetches all unread alerts and attempts to group them in PHP.
- On successfully generating summary alerts, 2 queries are done. 1 insert to add the summary alert, 1 updating summerized alerts.
I recommend using Add-on install & upgrade to install this addon.
Contributing features or bug fixes
Please create a Github Pull request via the "Find more info at github.com..." link.
If you appreciate this add-on, please consider a contribution via PayPal. Details will be provide via private conversation.
Please contact me if you wish for different licencing arrangements.
Alert Improvements by Xon 1.4.4
A collection of minor improvements to the XenForo Alerts system.