1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alert Improvements by Xon 1.3.0

A collection of minor improvements to the XenForo Alerts system.

Tags:
  1. Xon
    Compatible XF Versions:
    License:
    MIT Licence
    Visible Branding:
    No
    A collection of improvements to the XenForo Alerts system.

Features
    • For threads/conversation/profile pages, automatically marks alerts as read from content on a given page when viewed.
    • Mark unread link for individual alerts on the Alerts page.
    • Supports the following add-ons:
      • Post Ratings.
      • Conversation Improvements.
      • Report Improvements.

Performance impact
    • 1 extra query per thread page request when the user has more than zero active alerts.
    • 1 extra query if any alerts are marked as read.

Installation

I recommend using Add-on install & upgrade or Install and Upgrade by waindigo to install this addon.

Contributing features or bug fixes
    Please create a Github Pull request via the "Find more info at github.com..." link.

Contibutions

If you appreciate this addon, please consider a contribution via PayPal. Details will be provide via private conversation.

Please contact me if you wish for different licencing arrangements.

Images

1. alerts.png

Recent Updates

1. Feature update
  2. Maintenance Update
  3. Feature update

Recent Reviews

1. adwade
    adwade
    5/5,
    Version: 1.0.2
    This is the first add-on I've employed, which I'm puzzled as to why is not a core function of XenForo??

Since XenForo does not automatically clear a user's alerts until they go and purposely hover over them with their mouse, one can read a bunch of posts they were alerted to and all those specific Alerts *will remain* in their Alert Tab. Boo-Hiss!

This add-on fixes that! Once a user has read the posts they were alerted to, all those alerts automatically disappear from the Alert Tab. Simply stated, that's just how things ought to work. It lessens user confusion and saves them the time/effort of manually clearing (now-) unnecessary alerts.