Ads Manager by Siropu

Ads Manager by Siropu [Paid] 1.26.9

No permission to buy (€49.99)
They are not displayed in the ad details. My suggestion was to create users for advertisers, and set the details you want in their profiles, and associate those users with the respective ads.

For Payment Date / Method, you need to generate invoices to keep track of payments. You can generate invoices for those users as well.

I imagine I could jimmy rig some of this together -- but it would be incomplete and sloppy.

What you want is a board specific feature which can't be added in the core. For 2.0 I'll see if I can make some changes to allow guests to buy ads directly.

What you want is a board specific feature which can't be added in the core. For 2.0 I'll see if I can make some changes to allow guests to buy ads directly.

Its not just that. Some advertisers dont want to go through all that. I have one advertiser that just sends me a check when his ad is due. All Im talking about is the ability to add information to the ad page --- for example

Untitled.webp

@Siropu, any chance to add export/import function for ads?
It would be a time saver if something goes wrong. Just import all or individual ads and all is done (except uploading banner again if it is banner type of ad).

@Siropu I'm having an issue with all ads not displaying for guests/not logged in users. The ad packages are set to show for all groups except for a paid member group. Am I missing something?

Make sure you have set the user group permissions for "Unregistered/Unconfirmed" in Admin > Users > User Group Permissions.
Criteria is optional. If there are groups that you want to hide ads from, set the permissions globally in the user groups, not in the ads/packages.

Hi all,
I love this ad manager and I love the XenForo resources manager.
There is one bad point in Resources manager : the visibility of the resources... when you have a lot.
I would love to use Siropu Ads Manager in order to do the auto promotion of some contents which are in my resources Manager.
A new "Ad Type" named "Resources auto promotion" would be great.
As setup we could choose
- to add several IDs of resources separated by coma,
- the usual locations already available : in the forum, above breadcrumb, etc...
And the top would be to have automatically the titles, desc, author and one screeshot of the resources choosen displayed
A random choice would be also great.
The idea here is not to sell it but just for auto promotion purposes.
Something possible for a next version?
Thanks
David

I'm sorry, what you want is not possible. Ads are not linked to any forum content to be able to pull the resources data for display.

What im looking for is for the admin to be able to add an advertiser, banner, location, etc. Seems silly that an advertiser can start an account but an admin cant do it for individual advertisers.

Seems silly that an advertiser can start an account but an admin cant do it for individual advertisers.
An advertiser is a regular user that has the permission to create ads from the front-end. You as admin can create ads from the back-end so I don't understand what you mean. As admin you can also change ad owner, if you want to associate it with a different user.
Where is the interface for a potential new advertiser to get access to Ads Manager to create/submit an ad?
You have to set the user group permissions and enable Ads Manager for advertisers from "Ads Manager [Advertisers]" admin options. This will add a new tab with links to create and manage ads.

Hello,

Thanks for great addon. It does everything I need, allmost. :)

I have few problems, that makes my hair drop from my head.

1. Can i add more than one banner to same location and show them at the same time. I mean can there be example two banners side by side? ( this could be useful on some cases)
2. Should banners be responsive? On my test platform all banners are shown as a static, so it kinda messes up my forum, when i am testing it with my phone etc. Have i missed some adjustments? And i am using only locally hosted banners.
3. Is there a way to show banner only in the front page? So if i want to have banner on the position " Below the top breadcrump". But i want it to be shown only on the front page of the forum?

Thanks.

Last edited:
An advertiser is a regular user that has the permission to create ads from the front-end. You as admin can create ads from the back-end so I don't understand what you mean. As admin you can also change ad owner, if you want to associate it with a different user.

Look, I sell ads quite a bit, more then most forums. Right now, I have 20 seperate advertisers. (Im not talking about ad networks, I'm talking individual companies who advertise on my site) Some are members on my site, some are not. All go through me and pay in various ways. CC, Paypal, check, etc. Right now I cant use this addon to manage them. Yes, I can place the banner ads with the addon but thats all. I need a seperate spreadsheet or something to track who each advertiser is, how to contact them, when they expire, if I sent them an invoice, what they are to be charged, etc.

All I am saying is that it would be alot easier if I could do more of that in the addon directly.

1. Can i add more than one banner to same location and show them at the same time. I mean can there be example two banners side by side? ( this could be useful on some cases)
Yes, just use the same position(s) for the second ad.

Should banners be responsive?
What ads are you using? External ads used with Code ad type are not responsive. Unless they are responsive themselves such as Adsense response units.

3. Is there a way to show banner only in the front page? So if i want to have banner on the position " Below the top breadcrump". But i want it to be shown only on the front page of the forum?
Yes, use page criteria option "Content template is:" forum_list

@Joeychgo, like I said, I can add a text field where you can add extra info about non-member advertisers and when you click on the "View details" of each ad, that info you added will be displayed there as well. When you create an ad, you can specify when it will expire and they will disable automatically after that. The date on which they expire is also displayed on the "View details" page of the ad.

All I am saying is that it would be alot easier if I could do more of that in the addon directly.
You can. And since you mentioned that some advertisers are members, you can simply use packages and keep track of everything very easily and automatically. You could simply create the ads yourself for non-member advertisers, from the front-end as an advertiser and it will calculate the total cost based on purchase length and if you go to the Admin area and click "View Details" and then approve the ad, that will automatically generate an invoice with the amount that needs to be paid. When the non-member advertiser pays you the money, you simply change the invoice status to "Completed" to activate the ads. Now you will get notified when the ads are about to expire and you can start the process again by simply using the ad extend function in advertisers area.

If I add the field I mentioned, you will know who the non-member owners are. Believe me, this, Add-on is as complete as it gets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom