Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
It seems this is keeping a zip of the addons installed on the server. Does it have to do that? Is there an option to delete those while keeping the logs?

Please help with the following problem:

I cannot install any add-ons via the "resource manager URL" anymore.

For example I am trying to install

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/banner.2949/

I enter the URL, then click "install or upgrade" at the end of the site, it tries to take the file, but there appears a login error (German Version: Einloggen in XenForo.com ist fehlgeschlagen (English: Login to xenforo.com failed). But my login data are correct.

What can I do?

Please help with the following problem:

I cannot install any add-ons via the "resource manager URL" anymore.

For example I am trying to install

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/banner.2949/

I enter the URL, then click "install or upgrade" at the end of the site, it tries to take the file, but there appears a login error (German Version: Einloggen in XenForo.com ist fehlgeschlagen (English: Login to xenforo.com failed). But my login data are correct.

What can I do?
Are you using two factor authentication?

I am curious do we download this off GitHub now or here yes no why?

Are there any plans to support upgrading Addons from Xenforo client area?

The latest stable version will always be here.

No plans for that in the short term. There's another add on that specifically takes care of updating XenForo and its add ons by Liam W.

After installing 1.3.4 and attempting to install a couple different addons via uploaded ZIP, none of them have worked. They're all saying "Has Errors - Check Server Error logs". But XenForo's Server Error log is blank. The webserver has full r/w access to the /install directory. The apache error.log doesn't show anything suspect.

If I manually upload the files and upload the XML, it works fine. Are my permissions to /install *not* actually set correctly?

After installing 1.3.4 and attempting to install a couple different addons via uploaded ZIP, none of them have worked. They're all saying "Has Errors - Check Server Error logs". But XenForo's Server Error log is blank. The webserver has full r/w access to the /install directory. The apache error.log doesn't show anything suspect.

If I manually upload the files and upload the XML, it works fine. Are my permissions to /install *not* actually set correctly?

Not every developer sets up the folders like the update addon looks for! I've seen some developers use a double zip where you have the addon.x then the upload folde in a double folder and it wouldn't update.

Most likely... it has to have read/write access by the HTTP server.
It was a permissions error - Silly me forgot that the server also needs to write to library and js. After a chmod 755 to those locations, all is groovy.

I imagine that the empty server error log was also something to do with those permissions.

I keep getting this error

"The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again."

I re-installed the addon and tried again, and it's still not working. It's strange because I installed 2 addons using this, and today when I try any more it gives me that error. I can find no errors in the server log, or apache logs. To my knowledge, permissions are correct. But here is a screenshot:

upload_2017-6-25_9-55-22.webp

I can install addons the good old fashion way. That seems to work fine.

Some are, some aren't. I tested by changing the folder structure of a couple, and still got the same error.

I also tried to re-install a couple that worked at first, and they won't install now either. I had to re-add them manually again.

Is this a publicly available add-on? Free or paid? Either way it would be good to know what it is as a starting point which may enable some testing against that specific add-on/s.

Right now it would appear to be any and all add-ons for me. The Steam integration add-on is one, another I tried was Live update, another was Custom tabs.
upload_2017-6-28_13-2-37.webp

So here, you can see it says there are errors. But my server log has no new errors.

Top Bottom