Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
This is down to a specific configuration you have enabled which prevents the OPcache API from being accessed outside of a certain path.

We could attempt to detect this in the future and act accordingly or even just suppress such a warning entirely, but right now all I can suggest is reviewing that configuration and adjusting it to an appropriate path or setting it to its default of ""
I didn't set anything. I'm on Rackspace Cloud Sites. What should I tell them to adjust?

Tell them you have a PHP script that runs in the location <your xf path>/library/AddOnInstaller/Model/XenForo/AddOn.php that needs to call opcache_reset(); but you're getting the following warning being emitted:
Code:
Zend OPcache API is restricted by "restrict_api" configuration directive
Ask them to either adjust or disable the restrict_api configuration for the OPcache.

Not being able to call "opcache_reset" is just bizarre. I can kinda guess why it would be blocked on shared hosting, but still!

This, by far, is the most useful add-on I've installed.

One suggestion, either for this add-on, or for those who have add-ons for a price - It would help a great deal if there was a way to use this add-on for add-ons that require payment first.

Those selling an add-on should generate a page, once payment is received, that'll allow the add-on to be downloaded and installed with "Add-On Install & Upgrade."

It should have no problem adding files to an existing directory.

What is the actual error you are getting?

It doesn't create an error I can see in the ACP. My server host looked into it and told me that was the reason. I'll check with them and get back to you.

Edit: This is the email they sent me:

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your kind patience.

While checking we could find that the installation directory for the mentioned addon was already created under the path "/home/boneyard/public_html/library/s9e" as part of some previous installation attempts and which caused the mentioned installation issue.

We have now renamed the installation directory to "/home/boneyard/public_html/library/s9e_2feb2017" and successfully installed the addon via "install and upgrade".

Edit II: I'm using v 1.3.1 of the Add On and Upgrade. I'll update to the most recent version.

Last edited:
If I upgrade an addon from a zip, it doesn't seem to change the version number, so it doesn't show that the addon has the latest version. If I upload the files manually and update the XML, then it seems to work fine.

I also had a problem installing one of Bob's addons. When I asked him for help he told me:

I've seen cases where the Auto Installers start processing the XML file before the new Install.php is even unpacked from the zip file and uploaded to the server (which means all the SQL that needs processing doesn't happen and then you end up with errors like this when fields that should be there, are not.

Not really come across anything like that before, certainly not in recent versions which force the opcache to reset.

Can you name some add ons specifically and what version you went from and to which didn't update the installed version number?

It's not completely unheard of for sometimes an add on to not update the XML version number.

I've just updated this addon after slacking off for a while on upgrades and I'm ecstatic again. Works just awesome, even better now with automatically linking to XF resource after you use it to upgrade an addon, adding the log feature, this one just knocks it out of the park really.

One question, what URL would one use to check the state or XFMG or XFRM?

You can't, though I guess it's something we could add. Perhaps it could just read the Announcements forum RSS here. The difficulty would be something like ES and actually RM which aren't updated regularly, so they may disappear from the RSS as other updates push them down.

Gotcha, that's kind of what I figured

I also have a set of addons that have oddities with the version numbers, so they always show up as out-of-date. For instance:

Conversation Essentials Post Rating Compatiblity is a stand-alone addon needed when using CE and PR, but it has no resource
Live Update: when I'm using RC5, the version shows 4.1.0 but it's out of date no matter what (actually, check that...it shows up to date now...?)
XenFacil's Widgets: always shows out of date because the addon shows version 2 but it's actually version 3.0.3 and the RM shows 2.0.2, that one is all messed up.

Then, any addon that has an "inbetween" release, like 1.2.4a or 1.3.5c shows out of date even though it is up to date...at least I thought it did, but the Live Update one has thrown me now.

Not sure what to do with these, except to uncheck the "Check for updates automatically" box and just keep track of these oddity addons. I'm thinking, a "comment" or "note" box for when something is unchecked. Just a thought.

I have a license for this one.

I can confirm that this is true in this case:
Or include multiple copies of the XML files, with one being out of date.

The upload/library/AVForums/ConversationMonitor/addon-conversation_monitor.xml file has a version of 1.1.1r2 whereas the root directory has an XML version of 1.1.2.

I think one thing we can do to try to mitigate this is to ensure the XML file in the root takes precedence over any other if more than one exists. For example, the one in the root may have been put there automatically by a build tool such as Add-on Builder (https://xenforo.com/community/resources/add-on-builder.1091/) so it's more likely to be correct.

Reactions: Xon
I'm getting the following error when trying to get this to work with the Resource Manager on here

"Login to XenForo.com has failed. Make sure you login with your XenForo username and password."

I know the details are correct, because I've reset the password and logged back in again with it just now.

Top Bottom