Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
I'm getting the following error when trying to get this to work with the Resource Manager on here

"Login to XenForo.com has failed. Make sure you login with your XenForo username and password."

I know the details are correct, because I've reset the password and logged back in again with it just now.
Duh! Silly me. I've got 2FA enabled on the account. This explains why it was failing.

If I upgrade an addon from a zip, it doesn't seem to change the version number, so it doesn't show that the addon has the latest version. If I upload the files manually and update the XML, then it seems to work fine.

I also had a problem installing one of Bob's addons. When I asked him for help he told me:
Can you please try https://github.com/Xon/XenForo-AddO...d/1.3.5/addon-ChrisD-AddOnInstaller-1.3.5.zip Please upload the files manually, and then install the XML file to ensure everything works as expected.

This should implement semantic version support, and correctly prefer the XML file in the root of the zip. (I've successfully used this a couple of times on my sites so far)

Can you please try https://github.com/Xon/XenForo-AddO...d/1.3.5/addon-ChrisD-AddOnInstaller-1.3.5.zip Please upload the files manually, and then install the XML file to ensure everything works as expected.

This should implement semantic version support, and correctly prefer the XML file in the root of the zip. (I've successfully used this a couple of times on my sites so far)

Installed per your instructions.... Seems to be working as to conversation monitor, but not working for https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xencentral-trading-system.448/ but that may be their fault.

Without knowing the file structure, and to a certain extent contents of the files, it will be very difficult to give any clues on what the cause is there.

Reactions: Xon
Hi I installed your add-on and it is working great.

I have a question, I would just like to know when there is a update, and update them one at a time, because if it installs and updates automatically, some updates require me to go back into permissions or setting and update them.

upload_2017-2-9_19-54-31.webp

if it automatically update, I may not know to double check them.

What is your suggestion?

Thanks
Sam

Hi I installed your add-on and it is working great.

I have a question, I would just like to know when there is a update, and update them one at a time, because if it installs and updates automatically, some updates require me to go back into permissions or setting and update them.

View attachment 147886

if it automatically update, I may not know to double check them.

What is your suggestion?

Thanks
Sam
You still need to manually click upgrade on add-ons that have newer versions, they are not upgraded automatically.

Only the process of downloading new add-on updates, extracting and uploading files to your server is automated.

You still need to manually click upgrade on add-ons that have newer versions, they are not upgraded automatically.

Only the process of downloading new add-on updates, extracting and uploading files to your server is automated.

when it say "Upgraded" like in the below screen shot, is this just telling me that an update is available? or did it update it?

From what you are telling me, it is just telling that an update is available. right?

Thanks for your response.
Sam

upload_2017-2-9_19-54-31-png.147886

when it say "Upgraded" like in the below screen shot, is this just telling me that an update is available? or did it update it?

From what you are telling me, it is just telling that an update is available. right?

Thanks for your response.
Sam

upload_2017-2-9_19-54-31-png.147886
Yes, it's just telling you there's a new version available.

Clicking 'Upgrade' will show you what's new and will allow you to install the new version.

After installing I added all my add-on with no problems.

I just need to know how do you add "xenforo resource manager" to the list?

Thanks

First this add-on is brilliant. it will make life easier to not only keep track of your addons, but to update. Great Job.

REQUEST / SUGGESTION / FEATURE!
It would be nice to have a clickable link to the addon page / so you can go to the addon page to brush up on what the addon does.

also there are some add-on's that it seems cannot be checked on because they are download somewhere other then resource manager.

like anything from
ThemeHouse
and "xenforo resource manager"

or am I missing something?

I don't know about the "anything from Themehouse" one as mine show up to date, but XFRM and XFMG are special cases that might take some doing - I've asked about it in this thread and it was answered.

Regarding this:
It would be nice to have a clickable link to the addon page / so you can go to the addon page to brush up on what the addon does.
Big +1 to that. When you paste in the link for the checker, it would be uber nice to that have clickable. I find myself opening that pop-up window and then copy/pasting the link

When you paste in the link for the checker, it would be uber nice to that have clickable. I find myself opening that pop-up window and then copy/pasting the link

That's what I have been doing, just wanted to express my thoughts, and maybe Chris will add it sometime? Thanks for the response.

I noticed that this add-on mentions the following in the source code:

Temp fix for change of XF URL. In future, we will accept URLs from multiple sources, other RMs, other add-ons etc

Is this something we'll likely see fairly soon? I'd really be able to add either an external URL or RM instance to update some custom addons.

just tried to upgrade this add on and got the following error

Fatal error: Class 'AddOnInstaller_XenResource_ControllerPublic_Resource' not found in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/v2/library/XenForo/Application.php(528) : eval()'d code on line 1

my forum is dead at moment

That's a fairly weird error.

In the first instance add:
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;
To your config.php file.

Top Bottom