Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
It's nothing to do with your username.

You have Two step verification enabled here, which you can't complete remotely, so log in will fail. You won't be able to use those features of this add-on.

Is it still possible to use this addon the old school way? If I upload the files myself and then use this addon to install multiple XML's then it fails as there is no FTP permission. Which there shouldn't be for Old School install.
Now I am back to using the default upgrade function one by one.

Is it still possible to use this addon the old school way? If I upload the files myself and then use this addon to install multiple XML's then it fails as there is no FTP permission. Which there shouldn't be for Old School install.
Now I am back to using the default upgrade function one by one.
The "Install from uploaded file/s" and "Install from file on server" options both accept xml files in addition to zip files.

You can just add XML files and it doesn't need to copy files around. It does need to write the XML file to a temporary location under install/addons/ so there is a historical record of what was installed.

After upgrading an add-on it loses the "Resource Manager URL:" not letting us check it further for updates unless we manually set the URL again.

Can someone please confirm this? @Chris D

Thanks!

The "Install from uploaded file/s" and "Install from file on server" options both accept xml files in addition to zip files.

You can just add XML files and it doesn't need to copy files around. It does need to write the XML file to a temporary location under install/addons/ so there is a historical record of what was installed.
In the drop down I can only select 'copy files'
When I use Install from uploaded files, I get this error:
Could not create temporary install directory. Please verify permissions are correct to write to the install/addons directory.

So I checked and I do not have two step verification enabled. I entered my login information correctly, and I still get a login error. Any ideas?

"Login to XenForo.com has failed. Make sure you login with your XenForo username and password."

I tried both my username and my email address in the login field. I know for a fact the password is correct.

No issues here.

If you're using a particularly old version and you're trying to upgrade, then you may need to upgrade manually.

When you install an add-on from RM URL, the URL is not saved against the add-on for future version checks.

I still have v1.2.2 and I fail to upgrade. I tried the oldschool way: Uploaded the files via FTP went smooth, but when I upload the xml it simply does nothing but reload the "admin.php?add-ons/install-upgrade" screen. Any ideas? THX

Disable the add-on, upload the files from the new version, go to Upgrade Add-on from the add-on list, provide the XML from the new version, and after that is finished, re-enable the add-on.

Hi,

the Addon say i have one Update "Update Checker [1]"
but if i have a look in my list, theres no update.

How can i fix it? I have try Reload the plugin and the "+ Check for Updates Now" Button
Should i Rebuild Cash?

I tried once again to get this to work for me I keep getting the error about not being able to login.

Could it be something on my server? I would really like to use this without doing everything manually. I even tried it with the FTP setup, and it still says login failed.

And I triple checked my login info. I just cant seem to figure out why this will not work. Everything else works fine, I just keep getting the login error.

Upon uninstall my core Xenforo Install & Upgrade page did not work.

Upon upload of XML (after upload of upload folder) I get this error:
An exception occurred: Argument 1 passed to LiamW_StickyFirstPost_Extend_Model_Forum::stickyFirstPostLocked() must be of the type array, boolean given, called in /home/askme/public_html/xf/library/LiamW/StickyFirstPost/Extend/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php on line 22 and defined in /home/askme/public_html/xf/library/LiamW/StickyFirstPost/Extend/Model/Forum.php on line 22

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in LiamW/StickyFirstPost/Extend/Model/Forum.php at line 22
  2. LiamW_StickyFirstPost_Extend_Model_Forum->stickyFirstPostLocked() in LiamW/StickyFirstPost/Extend/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php at line 22
  3. LiamW_StickyFirstPost_Extend_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread->_discussionPreSave() in XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion.php at line 317
  4. XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion->_preSave() in /home/askme/public_html/xf/internal_data/proxy_classes/XenForo_DataWriter__1443380214.php at line 1446
  5. XFProxy_XenForo_DataWriter->preSave() in CMF/Core/DataWriter/Abstract.php at line 124
  6. CMF_Core_DataWriter_Abstract->preSave() in /home/askme/public_html/xf/internal_data/proxy_classes/XenForo_DataWriter__1443380214.php at line 1385
  7. XFProxy_XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Deferred/Thread.php at line 46
  8. XenForo_Deferred_Thread->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
  9. XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
  10. XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
  11. XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 352
  12. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 50
  13. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderRedirect() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 616
  14. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  15. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/askme/public_html/xf/admin.php at line 13

Last edited:
That particular error seems to be completely unrelated to this add-on.

You may want to ask the author for support on that one, I don't really see how they can be connected to the add-on installer.

Top Bottom