Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
Ensure you don't have noscript or some sort of adblocker enabled when browsing the XF admincp. This works for me on multiple sites hosted on several platforms, across dozens of add-on installs.

Check for any console errors, or network failures by hitting F12, refreshing the install page and trying again.

I've disabled adblocker and also turned off kaspersky. There are no console errors. I've even reinstalled XenForo on a test bed.

@Xon Can I enable Faster Install option? Does any issue happen with enable Faster Install option?

You can enable it if you wish. As noted in the changelog, the add-on installer will then only rebuild changed public templates during the add-on install / upgrade process. If you encounter issues, you may disable it but we have been using this on our a number of different sites for a couple weeks without issue.

Anyone else getting a seemingly endless "Reparsing Templates" process when upgrading an add-on? It's been going for 10+ mins now, much longer than I've seen before, and certainly many more progress dots than I've ever seen before ....

Screen Shot 2017-08-12 at 16.58.34.webp

Last edited:
Tried to install three addons, added them each to the batch, then clicked confirm then clicked the button.
9VrHsUW.png

Also it errored out once previously, mentioning something about the files not being found or some kind of error like this. I believe it has to do with a licensing conflict within the addon itself. Updating my URL with the vendor and the error appears gone. I'm not sure if there is a standardized method of error handling with these kinds of things or not, thought I'd mention it.

What kind of error message is that? The grammar isn't proper, I'm guessing that's not an error related to XF core or the Upgrades addon

That's not from the add-on installer. Heck, we just pushed an update to speed things up. :eek:

Suddenly I can't upload files using choose files button since yesterday. I don't know what triggered it. Please ignore the weird mouse position

19b411b76717.gif

Suddenly I can't upload files using choose files button since yesterday. I don't know what triggered it. Please ignore the weird mouse position

19b411b76717.gif

I had the same issue, try waiting 5 minutes and the button should work, or use something else besides Chrome. There is a fix on the way I believe.

BTW: What program did you use to record that GIF?

I had the same issue, try waiting 5 minutes and the button should work, or use something else besides Chrome. There is a fix on the way I believe.

BTW: What program did you use to record that GIF?

Thank you. Let's see if waiting works. It was working fine yesterday and it works fine on another forum I have too. Maybe something is glitching it out.

About the gif. I used ShareX and uploaded the gif to my own ftp server

it's still the same.
Though it works fine on the other forum I run
and it was working fine here too until suddenly it stopped
I haven't been able to consistently reproduce the issue, if you edit the HTML and remove the input statement and then put it back again everything works. This implies it might be some sort of scripting weirdness, but it is challenge to track down.

I'll push a quick fix tomorrow where you can disable to extension filter and see if that helps

Top Bottom