Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
Is there any reason why this won't work with Resource Maanager links on other Xenforo sites (like in cases where the add-ons aren't hosted directly on the Xenforo forums)?
I tried one, and it gave me the "Only proper Resource Manager URLs are valid" error...
Thanks!

Is there any reason why this won't work with Resource Maanager links on other Xenforo sites (like in cases where the add-ons aren't hosted directly on the Xenforo forums)?
I tried one, and it gave me the "Only proper Resource Manager URLs are valid" error...
Thanks!

It's because it's designed to allow you to upgrade add ons directly and only from the XenForo site. Specifically with the ability to provide your XenForo community log in details.

It was designed to only work with XenForo.com.

The feature quite possibly pre-dates the RM being released publicly, I can't remember.

Any chance of updating it to work with other XF sites as well?
This would help with addons being hosted on other sites, especially paid add-ons...
Thanks a lot!

Hi Chris,
While I was trying to update by using Option 1 for XenReviews, I am keep getting this error:

Screen Shot 2014-09-04 at 13.02.55.webp
Later I was suggested to "delete everything under install/addons" but it didn't help neither. Even though I have deleted everything under intalls/addons, when I click to update a new folder appears under the same spot. Any idea what might be causing the error?

Thanks!

Something that annoys me with this addon is that it appears to completely consume any exception thrown during install and redirect back to the addon list...

Hi Chris,

In regards to @puropedia's report, and several other users that have tried to use your installer to install my add-on, I finally dove into your code to find the issue. Wanted to post this here so you can get it included in the next release.

OPEN library/AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php

FIND
PHP:
while ($contents = readdir($directoryHandle))

REPLACE WITH
PHP:
while (($contents = readdir($directoryHandle)) !== false)

Cheers,

Jeff

Is it possible that the uploaded files get there own folder so they don't spaam the root folder?

It doesn't do that... it extracts files to the install/addons folder.

This is the part of the code that handles that:

upload_2014-9-23_14-37-9.webp

It always uses 'install/addons' as its base directory for extraction.

ok, yes i see but why i have there some .rar and .xml? now i'm confused
in install/addon i have only 3 zip :/

Technically, you shouldn't have anything in install/addon because it is supposed to clean up the files after install (but sometimes that might fail).

Anything in install/addon can be removed.

It's possible that one of your add-ons includes a rar and an XML file in the root of the ZIP package. It's preferable that add-on developers put everything they intend to be uploaded into a folder called "upload". The logic my add-on goes through then finds that the easiest way of identifying what should be "uploaded" and what shouldn't.

In the event my add-on can't find an "upload" folder in the ZIP file, it will go through a process to "guess" the correct files to upload.

Alternatively, the add-on developer has decided to put a rar and an XML file in the upload folder in which case that will just get uploaded into root.

If you can identify which add-on it is I can explain in more detail why it's happening, but there's probably not a lot I can do about it.

Top Bottom