Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
well just a suggestion + would help many users to keep there files clean..

when you normally uninstall an add one the files still remain on the server...

any way to have an option to delete the files and folders with it? or just files?

and maybe a scanner to scan all the files and compare them with currently installed add ones and if there are old left over files delete them...

also maybe a compatibility tool/feature, when wanting to install an add one insert link to resource or upload zip or import xml file and have it scanner against any compatibility issues that it may run into with your currently installed add-ones? and tips on making them compatible..

same with when upgrading to later versions of xenforo allow the scanner to run a check on all the add ones and detect any issues it may have when upgrading to a later version of xenforo and give tips and advise what to do about them such as uninstall or update first or remove those add ones...

i wouldn't mind donating for some of these features/improvements...

Last edited:
Reactions: rdn
Server Error Log

Error Info

ErrorException: Trying to get property of non-object - library/AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php:335
Generated By: Draft, 6 minutes ago

Stack Trace

#0 /library/AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php(335): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Trying to get p...', '/home/nginx/dom...', 335, Array)
#1 /library/AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(365): AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->checkForUpdate(Array)
#2 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionCheck()
#3 /library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
["url"] => string(221) "https://www.phcorner.net/admin.php?...6f2b54f16a2cadce8cd32c7c&_xfResponseType=json"
["_GET"] => array(5) {
["add-ons/bdAlerts/update-check"] => string(0) ""
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(31) "/admin.php?add-ons/update-check"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(53) "1,1399233787,9938aa698c082da86f2b54f16a2cadce8cd32c7c"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I seem to be having a permissions error.

When I try installing anything using this add on I get the following message...

Server Error
mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mkdir() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 72
  3. XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 17
  4. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->extractZip() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 69
  5. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/satguys/public_html/xen/admin.php at line 13
I don't know if my previous sysadmin did something to the permissions or something... anyone have any ideas?

Just had an idea to my post above...

Would the error be because I currently have the xenforo forum hidden behind a .htaccess login?

I manage my server myself, and there's no error notice.
I have more resource to use, upgrade process looks fine but at the end still showing old version on acp.

Ok, It would be a understatement to say that I need this add on.

Now I am trying to install it , I followed the directions
Instead:
  1. Download the zip file.
  2. Extract its contents to your hard drive.
  3. Upload the contents of the upload folder to the root of your XenForo installation.
  4. Complete install via the Admin CP using the provided XML file.

Stuck on #3 where to upload the contents on my cpanel? the root of my xenforo install? would it be public_html/forums?

Never mind, I figured it out. I had to re zip the install, library and style files to cpanel and then unzip there. After that It installed in the ACP when I located the XML file on my desktop.
thanks Chris looking forward to making life easier....

Ok , now that I installed it I tried to install the Nodes as tabs add on using this add on.

I chose option 1- Already downloaded the zip file on my computer

this is my error message:
This filter needs the zip extension
  1. Zend_Filter_Compress_Zip->__construct() in Zend/Filter/Compress.php at line 107
  2. Zend_Filter_Compress->getAdapter() in Zend/Filter/Decompress.php at line 47
  3. Zend_Filter_Decompress->filter() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 32
  4. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->extractZip() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 69
  5. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/bluechum/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13

Ok , now that I installed it I tried to install the Nodes as tabs add on using this add on.

I chose option 1- Already downloaded the zip file on my computer

this is my error message:
This filter needs the zip extension
  1. Zend_Filter_Compress_Zip->__construct() in Zend/Filter/Compress.php at line 107
  2. Zend_Filter_Compress->getAdapter() in Zend/Filter/Decompress.php at line 47
  3. Zend_Filter_Decompress->filter() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 32
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/bluechum/public_html/forums/admin.php at line 13
Ensure your server has zip php extension.

thanks Roldan how would I determine if the host server has a zip php extensions and where on cpanel?

I am a Newbie so not sure where to look and change. thanks

thanks Roldan I asked my host - urljet and they enabled the php extensions and like magic it worked!

that is some pretty funny stuff right there. Funny how a small thing leaves a big error message . thanks

Any idea?

Server Error
rmdir(install/addons/53c5d1e6b73da/upload/data/logos/s): Directory not empty

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. rmdir() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 217
  3. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->deleteAll() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 204
  4. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->deleteAll() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 204
  5. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->deleteAll() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 204
  6. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->deleteAll() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 204
  7. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->deleteAll() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 287
  8. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /usr/local/lsws/testsite/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Sounds like there was an issue properly emptying the temporary files that are extracted.

Just manually uninstall everything in the install/addons directory. If similar errors continue for every install you do then has something changed with file permissions recently?

Just manually uninstall everything in the install/addons directory.
What do you mean by "manually uninstall"?
I have 7 directories there. All are without names (e.g. "5322883b5159f").

If similar errors continue for every install you do then has something changed with file permissions recently?
That's the first time I see this. No changes were made lately as far as I know.

Top Bottom