Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
Unfortunately I don't have access to that add-on.

I assume there is a rar file and an XML somewhere in the zip package; is it located in a folder called "upload" as I suspected? Or is there just not a folder called "upload"?

And what about inside the "upload" folder?

EDIT: Wait... what's the file in there called "upload"? Is that the rar file?

Here if i extract the rar file
under the line the content from the "upload" folder

Attachments

• bd-social-share.webp
    bd-social-share.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 22
So the ZIP file contains an upload folder, an XML and a RAR version of the upload folder?

I imagine that it's some sort of mistake. But I think that the fact it is called "upload" is what is confusing my code and therefore causing that to be uploaded to the root.

@xfrocks might want to look at repackaging it. The existence of the rar file is fine, but it should probably have a different name.

This is the first time I've seen a set up like that so mostly everything is working as expected. It's just this anomaly seems to be throwing it off somewhat.

if i open the rar with winarar i see there a file with name "upload" but if i unrar it there no file (my first screen: open the rar with winrar, the second one i have unrar)

So the ZIP file contains an upload folder, an XML and a RAR version of the upload folder?

I imagine that it's some sort of mistake. But I think that the fact it is called "upload" is what is confusing my code and therefore causing that to be uploaded to the root.

@xfrocks might want to look at repackaging it. The existence of the rar file is fine, but it should probably have a different name.

This is the first time I've seen a set up like that so mostly everything is working as expected. It's just this anomaly seems to be throwing it off somewhat.
Hmm, no. The zip contains the xml file and the upload folder. @Tealk probably used WinRAR and he thought the zip is a rar file (if you install WinRAR on Windows, the icon of the file is changed).

Hmm, no. The zip contains the xml file and the upload folder. @Tealk probably used WinRAR and he thought the zip is a rar file (if you install WinRAR on Windows, the icon of the file is changed).
I thought that too and then this screenshot confused me.

What's the second "upload" thing?

bd-social-share-jpg.84838

If you don't mind sending me a copy I will do some testing.

I thought that too and then this screenshot confused me.

What's the second "upload" thing?

bd-social-share-jpg.84838

If you don't mind sending me a copy I will do some testing.
Just sent you. It should extract this way.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 11.35.01 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 11.35.01 PM.webp
    26.6 KB · Views: 20
Hi @Chris D could you add support to check updates to others custom URLs apart from xenforo.com?

Because many developers update the latest version addons in your own sites first and forget to update here in xenforo.com.

For example @xfrocks has updated the latest version of your [bd] Cache addon in his own site to 1.0.7 version on September 17
https://xfrocks.com/resources/bd-cache.8/updates

But here even the addon is in version 1.0.6 six days have elapsed and even not yet updated.
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-cache.2763/updates

That happens with several developers, for example you have your own site too, and I think you release in your site first then in Xenforo community.

Thanks!

Last edited:
And why phrase admin_navigation_UpdateCheck looks like "Update Checker [1]"? If i try to translate it, number is not updating.

It can only do a very simple comparison check between versions so that if the version in your Admin CP differs from th version in the Resource Manager it will think there is an update available.

There is an "Ignore This Update" button, though, so that should suppress the update until the version changes in the future.

And why phrase admin_navigation_UpdateCheck looks like "Update Checker [1]"? If i try to translate it, number is not updating.
Because there is 1 update available.

The number part can't be changed, it's added programatically.

Actually, if you translate the phrase.

Don't change the bit that says {updates}:

Rich (BB code):
Update Checker {updates}
The bit in red should remain untranslated (that's the bit that's converted into a number).

Top Bottom