[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO

[8WR] XenCarta (Wiki) PRO [Paid] 1.4.8a

No permission to buy ($30.00)
@Jaxel or anyone else that could potentially help:

I am having an issue with our navigation bar and clicking links on our wiki pages. To describe, take example this page:
https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/wiki/general-disclaimer/

When clicking privacy policy, it always goes a little bit lower (perhaps a navigation bar issue?) than where it's supposed to go:
https://www.ecocitycraft.com/forum/wiki/general-disclaimer/#privacy-policy

The result is:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When it should be:

Any help or advice on a fix would be very much appreciated.

@andrewkm it looks like it doesn't take into account the position of your sticky navigation. Without your navigation tabs the position would be correct.

The links that jump to position are called anchor links and you need to modify them slightly to take into account your sticky navigation.

Here's a thread discussion your issue along with several solutions: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4086107/fixed-page-header-overlaps-in-page-anchors

I would attempt a plain css solution first by adding something like this to your extra.css (I've adjusted the px size for the height of your sticky navigation:)
CSS:
:target::before {
    content: "";
    display: block;
    height: 48px;
    margin: -48px 0 0;
}

Work in the XF2 version has begun. Please post any feature requests you may have.

XenCarta is by far my least popular addon; having only sold 33 copies in it's lifetime.

Work in the XF2 version has begun. Please post any feature requests you may have.

1. Option to sort "Wiki Navigation" of child pages under the parent manually.
  2. Ability to restrict view of certain pages to specified user groups
  3. A new widget that shows the "Latest Updates" (similar to "Latest Posts" widget).

Please post any feature requests you may have.

XenCarta is by far my least popular addon; having only sold 33 copies in it's lifetime.

My wiki has around 1200 pages and also 1200 choices in the drop-down menu. Unfortunately it is one of the reasons why I am going to ditch XenCarta.

Ditch it before it's too late :)
I'm Glad I Did :) XenCarta (Wiki) PRO has the worst support ever!

Hey @Jaxel

A limitation exists within XenCarta that does not allow users to nest pages underneath more than 2 layers of nested pages.

This may be difficult to explain, so I will try to put it in the simplest terms.

Take an example page list:

Code:
Page 1
    Page A
Page 2
    Page A
        Page i
        Page ii
    Page B
        Page i
Page a
In this hypothetical situation, I want to nest "Page a" so that its parent node is "Page 2 -> Page A -> Page i"

If I were to try to edit Page a so that the above would be true, I would quickly find that I am unable to do so. If anything, "Page 2 -> Page A -> Page i" does not show up in the dropdown menu for "Parent Node" at all. The furthest I can see in this dropdown menu are the first two layers of pages, so "Page 2 -> Page A".

This does not apply when I am trying to create a new page. I will post screenshots below of the bug.

Example Page List:
Trying to edit a page so that its parent node is "ECC Pets". Notice how "ECC Pets" cannot be found in the dropdown menu:
Now, if I try to create a page, you will see "ECC Pets" in the Parent Node dropdown menu. In fact, the whole page structure is visible:

So, if a user attempts to edit a page, what they will find is that if that page is nested underneath more than two layers of nested pages, the Parent Node will automatically default to "(unspecified)".

I hope this description is enough in order to have this fixed.

What codes (HTML or BB) I should use on my pages to get the same Pages List as below?

5-jpg.44080

Just FYI, I just upgraded another site to XF 1.5.x and XenCarta 1.4.8a, and had exactly the same problem I outlined a few pages <<< back, with the class extension errors crashing the site. Same fix was needed in EWRcarta_Listener_Model, to check the class name.

As the two sites run a different set of add-ons, I may be able to narrow it down to which one is causing this to happen, if I do I'll let you know.

-- hugh

After the upgrade (to 1.4.8a) referenced in my previous post, I noticed that the History feature was erroring out, in the long2ip() at line 68 in ...

library/EWRcarta/Model/History.php

The fix seemed to be to use XF's helper, instead of long2ip:

Code:
            $edit['history_ip'] = XenForo_Helper_Ip::convertIpBinaryToString($edit['ip']);

Don't know if this was an issue before the update, or if it was the result of the way I migrated data, or even if it was present before the migration / upgrade (I can't remember the last time I looked at the history page).

Hope this helps anywone else that might run across this.

-- hugh

After the upgrade (to 1.4.8a) referenced in my previous post, I noticed that the History feature was erroring out, in the long2ip() at line 68 in ...

library/EWRcarta/Model/History.php

The fix seemed to be to use XF's helper, instead of long2ip:

Code:
            $edit['history_ip'] = XenForo_Helper_Ip::convertIpBinaryToString($edit['ip']);

Don't know if this was an issue before the update, or if it was the result of the way I migrated data, or even if it was present before the migration / upgrade (I can't remember the last time I looked at the history page).

Hope this helps anywone else that might run across this.

-- hugh

Interesting, just noticed your post, did you as well updAte php? I’ll be trying your fix soon :)
Edit: Looks like this fix worked for me. Thank you for sharing it publicly!

Last edited:
Top Bottom