What is Showcase? Showcase is an "Item Management System" designed for forum owners to provide an interface for their users to "showcase" items VISUALLY through the use of uploaded images & associated images from XenForo Media Gallery and TEXUALLY through the use of WYSIWYG content & custom fields content that provide detailed information pertaining to each item.
- Compatible XF Versions:
- Updates Duration:
- 12 months. Renewable at a cost of $30 (Basic), $40 (Premium) and $50 (Early Adopter) per 12 months.
- Visible Branding:
- Nested Categories – Unlimited Nested Categories.
- Tabbed Content – Each Category can have up to 5 content tabs for users to display WYSIWYG information pertaining to the item (more tabs can be added via custom field as own tab)
- Custom Item Fields - Custom Fields for Showcase Items
- Custom Review Fields – Custom Fields for User Reivews
- Prefixes - Prefix system for filtering Items
- Tags - Integrated with Core XenForo Tags system
- Watch Items - Receive alerts & emails when at item is updated, a review is posted or a comment is made.
- Watch Categories - Receive alerts & emails when a new item is created.
- Find-new - Displays Unread/Unviewed Showcase items.
- User Permissions – Decide which users or user groups can use Showcase.
- Full Category Permissions – All usergroup permissions can be set per category.
- Image Permissions – Decide how many images and file size of image users or user groups can add.
- News Feed Integration – User activities in Showcase show up in XenForo's news feed system.
- Ratings – AJAX rating system for items
- Reviews – Rate and Review System (with Custom Field System)
- Alerts – Users will be notified when someone likes their Item or comment and when someone replies to their Item.
- Multiple Responsive Layouts - List View, Grid View, Article View, News View, News View II, Custom View, Custom View II and Modular Layouts for both SC Home and SC Category pages.
- Phrased for Translations
- Xen Media Gallery Album Integration
- bd Widget Framework - Fully integrated with the Widget Framework. Includes several renderers to create widgets.
- Featured Threads & Portal Integration
Official "See it in action" Sites:
- Backcountrypost.com: Trail Guides
- z22se.co.uk: Garage
- dsmtuners.com: Garage
- yumforum.com: Recipe Book
Official Test Demo (create your own items): Showcase | Xen Addons
NOTE: The Demo is running Showcase 2.6.0 Stable
Category Content. Category Content allows you to add custom content (Plain Text or HTML) to the first page of a category above the items listing.
Custom Item Fields: Showcase has its own custom fields manager. You can create custom fields for 7 "zones" (Tabs 1-5, a sidebar Module and Self Placement).
Featured: Items can now be marked as "featured". Featured Items are showcased in the Featured Module on the Showcase Landing page. There are also 2 Widgets available in the [bd] widget framework that also display "featured" items. A new Moderator Permission 'Mark Items Featured' allows the marking and unmarking.
Ratings: Each item can be rated with the Star Rating System. When a user rates an item, the owner of the item receives an alert as well as a newsfeed item is generated. There is a user group permission that allows you to set whether a user group can rate an item or not. You can also set a permission which allows the item owner to rate their own items. When rating own items, alerts are not sent and newsfeeds are not posted.
Rate and Review: You can now set (per category) Rate and Review which allows reviews for items. You can also set an option to force reviews (per category). Reviews have their own tab per item.
Custom Review Fields: Showcase has its own custom review fields manager. This allows you to create "fields" that will display on the user review form (star ratings, input, radio, dropdown etc).
Discussion Thread Integration: You can set (per category) whether to auto create threads for new items.
Comments: Each item has its own comments section (enabled Per Category) . Comments can be replied to, liked, edited and deleted (depending on permissions). The owner of the item receives an alert for all new comments. Users that have made a comment will also receive an alert when new comments are posted (users can opt out of this). Comments and Reply's are fully BBCODE parsed and users can be tagged and alerted.
Likes: Each item and comment can be liked (an unliked). Alerts are sent and newsfeed items are created when items and comments are liked.
Report: Each Item and comments can be reported. Uses the XenForo report system.
Moderation Queue: Items can be placed in "moderation" and handled via the XenForo moderation queue as well as the Item Management System in the Admin CP. You can also set a permission making all newly created items "Moderated" for an individual or user group.
Search: Fully integrated with XenForo search to include its own tab on the Advanced Search.
Newsfeed: New Items are posted to the newsfeed as well as comments ratings and likes.
Alerts: Item owners receive alerts when anyone likes their item, rates their item or posts a comment on their item. Anyone that has made a comment with get an alert when a new comment is posted.
Options: All modules have options to set the amount of content to be displayed. All pages have settings for the amount of items to be displayed per page.
Permissions: To many to list. Pretty much any action that one can do is driven by permissions. Also, the amount of images and the image file size is set by permissions so that you can have different image upload settings per user group. Permissions can be fully controlled at User, User Group and Category levels.
Daily Statistics: Fully integrated with the built in Xenforo Daily Statistics Tool in the Admin CP. Display statistics for Items, Item Likes, Ratings, Reviews, Review Likes, Comments, Comment Likes, Attachments and Attachment Disk usage.
Images/Image Gallery: I use MOST of the core xenforo attachment system for this, however, I have also overridden parts of it as well so that showcase can have unique image attachment settings that only pertain to it and does not effect the core attachments system. One of these is the ability to set the amount of images per user group that a user can upload to each item. Another is file size. Also, showcase only allows IMAGES to be uploaded (this is not a downloads manager). It also uses different thumbnail size settings to allow for crisp clear large thumbnails without effecting the small thumbnails setting for Threads.
Xen Media Gallery integration: Fully integrated with Xen Media Gallery allowing the Showcase Item owner to associate a XMG Album to their Showcase Item gallery.
[bd] Widget Framework: Fully integrated with the Widget Framework. Currently includes 6 Widgets (Renderer's) (Featured, Recent Items, Popular Items, Top Rated, Image Gallery and Tabbed).
Featured Threads & Portal: Fully integrated with CTA FT Portal. Currently available are 2 main content Blocks (Slider Block and Items Listing Block) and 2 sidebar blocks (Tabbed Items and Recent User Reviews).
Showcase (Item Management System, Reviews, Guides, Garage etc) 2.6.0
Item/Review Fields, Prefixes, Ratings & Reviews, Image Gallery, Category Permissions and Much More!