XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration

XFtoWP - XenForo to WordPress integration [Paid] 1.5.5

No permission to buy ($79.00)
Users who are members of the Xenforo forum are not synchronized with wordpress.
Those who create a membership on my Wordpress site are only added to xenforo.
It looks like your site uses a custom method to signup users to WordPress and the plugin can't recognize it. This guide may help you or your developer take the step needed to make your register form work with the plugin:

You can test if user syncing works on your website by manually creating a user from WP admin > Users > Add new. Make sure the "Sync users on registration" option is enabled in WP admin > XF > User syncing.

There is also a big problem.
Unfortunately, when I performed the Import XF User to WP action, we had a problem with changing user passwords.
Therefore, the number of active users in the forum has decreased :(
I am very sorry for the trouble, but I am sure your users will return. Before running the import there is a banner notice that warns you about user password resets and how to avoid it by changing the settings. I will try to make the plugin handle it better moving forward. The good part is now that you've run the import, you won't have to do it again so this issue won't come back up.

It looks like your site uses a custom method to signup users to WordPress and the plugin can't recognize it. This guide may help you or your developer take the step needed to make your register form work with the plugin:

You can test if user syncing works on your website by manually creating a user from WP admin > Users > Add new. Make sure the "Sync users on registration" option is enabled in WP admin > XF > User syncing.

I am very sorry for the trouble, but I am sure your users will return. Before running the import there is a banner notice that warns you about user password resets and how to avoid it by changing the settings. I will try to make the plugin handle it better moving forward. The good part is now that you've run the import, you won't have to do it again so this issue won't come back up.
Hii.

Yes, unfortunately I overlooked the warning in the user sync area :( My fault, sorry.

But I will have to do the User sync again and again. Because the program does not create membership on my wordpress site for new members who come to the forum.

My xenforo forum and my wordpress site are hosted on separate servers. Could the problem be caused by that?

If I move my forum and website to the same server, will the XFtoWp plugin work properly?
Or do I need to install this plugin so that the forum members are synchronized with wordpress?

I've used this add-on now for over 2 years.

I only use it to selectively connect wordpress articles to xenforo, so comments appear beneath wordpress articles.

It's brilliant.

I just so wish I could get to the bottom of why Cloudflare doesn't play nicely with it. With Cloudflare, comments don't appear until cache is manually cleared within Cloudflare.

I've reported it previously here.

We've just migrated to a new server and for a spell, we paused cloudflare and it worked perfect. Comments would appear inline with the settings. However, as soon as we enabled Cloudflare again we were back to square one.

If anyone ever figures out how to configure cloudflare to allow comments to pull according to the add on's xenforo settings, it would be hugely appreciated if you could share.

Hi! does plugin work with PHP 8.1?

I got an error as soon as I switched to 8.1:

Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: date(): Argument #2 ($timestamp) must be of type ?int, string given in /www/wwwroot/dev.******.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/XFWP/templates/widgets/featured.php:28 Stack trace: #0

Hi! does plugin work with PHP 8.1?

I got an error as soon as I switched to 8.1:

Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: date(): Argument #2 ($timestamp) must be of type ?int, string given in /www/wwwroot/dev.******.com/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/XFWP/templates/widgets/featured.php:28 Stack trace: #0
It seems that and a couple other tweaks need to be made for PHP 8.1, which I haven't tested the plugin on yet. These are easy fixes and I will push an update out for it shortly.

To my knowledge, WordPress is not yet fully compatible with PHP8.1 either, but you should be good to go with this plugin on PHP8.0.

It seems that and a couple other tweaks need to be made for PHP 8.1, which I haven't tested the plugin on yet.
Alex feel free to test any beta version on my staging site in case you need to.

I switched to PHP8.1 a couple of weeks ago.

And let me know if you need anything

Two presales questions:
  • As Wordpress is our main CRM: Have you ever seen the setup, whereby the XF registration form gets redirected to the WP registration form, so that all registrations happens in WP - afterwards being synced to XF? The reason for doing this is because we ask additional questions/fields in WP at the registration.
  • We us WP Register for the registration process (which is also amazing): https://wpeverest.com/wordpress-plugins/user-registration/ Any known compatibility issues?

Thanks,
Matt

It sounds like you just need a way to clear the CloudFlare cache when certain actions—like publishing a post—are run in WordPress. Maybe this will help:

Thanks.

Yeah I've had that action setup for many years - whenever I publish a new post, it'll clear the cache and then yes, the comments beneath posts will be pulled through.

This is the same as manually clearing cache within Cloudflare.

But if I don't publish a new post, or manually clear the cache - then any comments beneath a wordpress post won't update inline with the refresh settings.

It's almost like I need to exclude XFTOWP from Cloudflare somehow but not sure how...

But if I don't publish a new post, or manually clear the cache - then any comments beneath a wordpress post won't update inline with the refresh settings.
It's possible to add custom logic to the XFtoWP thread refresh process, as shown here:

If the Cloudflare plugin offers some kind of PHP command to clear a page's cache then XFtoWP can run after each thread refresh. It will probably be worth extending the comments refresh time to be longer than 30 minutes so it helps to limit the number of Cloudflare API requests.

After looking through the plugin and docs I don't see an obvious way to do that so I can't be of much more help from here. :/

Two presales questions:
  • As Wordpress is our main CRM: Have you ever seen the setup, whereby the XF registration form gets redirected to the WP registration form, so that all registrations happens in WP - afterwards being synced to XF? The reason for doing this is because we ask additional questions/fields in WP at the registration.
  • We us WP Register for the registration process (which is also amazing): https://wpeverest.com/wordpress-plugins/user-registration/ Any known compatibility issues?

Thanks,
Matt

Yes, XFtoWP lives on your WordPress site so it is easy to configure with any registration plugin.

There's a good chance it already works with that plugin, but if not, it usually just requires a nonce field to be added into your form submission to be picked up by XFtoWP.

Here's a guide on that, and I offer support at the plugin's forums for you or your developer:

The reason for doing this is because we ask additional questions/fields in WP at the registration.
You will even be able to pass those extra questions back to XF users if you want with the Custom user fields integration (also in the docs).

This plugin doesn't do things like "run a 3m member refresh every 24 hours" but operates more on an as-needed basis. For example, you can link user accounts automatically when they login from a WP login page. There is also manual user verification, which is a form you can place on your WP site for users to verify their own forum accounts. More details in the plugin docs.

Their accounts will be linked.
I look forward to purchasing it and implementing the two together in the very near future.

Hii.

Yes, unfortunately I overlooked the warning in the user sync area :( My fault, sorry.

But I will have to do the User sync again and again. Because the program does not create membership on my wordpress site for new members who come to the forum.

My xenforo forum and my wordpress site are hosted on separate servers. Could the problem be caused by that?

If I move my forum and website to the same server, will the XFtoWp plugin work properly?
Or do I need to install this plugin so that the forum members are synchronized with wordpress?
Sorry, I lost your message here!

The XFtoWP plugin is installed to your WP site and works with a forum on the same or separate server with your forum's API key. The XF addon you linked to only works if the sites are on the same server.

User's will always be synced when they register from WP, but if done from XF they will have to be synced at another time. Either manually, or if they purchase a product.

I encourage you to keep user registrations open on both sites and look at the other User syncing tools in the plugin to help your XF users stay synced:

Yes, XFtoWP lives on your WordPress site so it is easy to configure with any registration plugin.

There's a good chance it already works with that plugin, but if not, it usually just requires a nonce field to be added into your form submission to be picked up by XFtoWP.

Here's a guide on that, and I offer support at the plugin's forums for you or your developer:

You will even be able to pass those extra questions back to XF users if you want with the Custom user fields integration (also in the docs).
Hi,
thank you for the reply, two more questions:
  • Is it possible to only Sync WP Users to Xenforo, but not Xenforo to WP?
  • Could we redirect the Xenforo Registration page to the WP registration page? Have you had this szenario?

Tnx,
Matt

Sorry, I lost your message here!

The XFtoWP plugin is installed to your WP site and works with a forum on the same or separate server with your forum's API key. The XF addon you linked to only works if the sites are on the same server.

User's will always be synced when they register from WP, but if done from XF they will have to be synced at another time. Either manually, or if they purchase a product.

I encourage you to keep user registrations open on both sites and look at the other User syncing tools in the plugin to help your XF users stay synced:

Thank you very mush dear friend.
But I found a new problem.
Widget areas are not compatible with dark theme.

DARK THEME.webp

WordPress is available on our website bright and dark mode. When I open the dark mode, the writings are not visible. I will add a picture to you.
Widgets are very nice and useful. Only red writings do not appear in the dark theme. If necessary, they can all be uniform :)

There is the same problem within the comment field.
Reply, like, user name and time stamps are uncertain or not visible.

light kod.webp Dark mod.webp

But I found a new problem.
Widget areas are not compatible with dark theme.
Sometimes there are styling conflicts with different themes, but they can usually be solved by writing some styles.

For your site, add this custom CSS to your theme and the widget and comments will be readable on dark mode:

CSS:
/* XFtoWP Dark Mode Styles */

.jnews-dark-mode .xfwp-widget-section,
.jnews-dark-mode .xfwp-widget-items-footer,
.jnews-dark-mode .thread-view .forum-comment-user,
.jnews-dark-mode .thread-view .forum-comment-inner {
    background-color: #0a0a0a;
}

.jnews-dark-mode .xfwp-tabs, .jnews-dark-mode .xfwp-tab.active { background-color: transparent; }

.jnews-dark-mode .thread-view .forum-comment-inner { border: 0; }

.jnews-dark-mode .thread-view .forum-comment-byline,
.jnews-dark-mode .xfwp-tabs,
.jnews-dark-mode .xfwp-tab.active {
    border-color: #777;
}

.jnews-dark-mode .xfwp-tab { color: #fff; }

.jnews-dark-mode .xfwp-widget .forum-stat { margin-bottom: 0; }

Sometimes there are styling conflicts with different themes, but they can usually be solved by writing some styles.

For your site, add this custom CSS to your theme and the widget and comments will be readable on dark mode:

CSS:
/* XFtoWP Dark Mode Styles */

.jnews-dark-mode .xfwp-widget-section,
.jnews-dark-mode .xfwp-widget-items-footer,
.jnews-dark-mode .thread-view .forum-comment-inner {
    background-color: #0a0a0a;
}

.jnews-dark-mode .xfwp-tabs, .jnews-dark-mode .xfwp-tab.active { background-color: transparent; }

.jnews-dark-mode .thread-view .forum-comment-inner { border: 0; }

.jnews-dark-mode .thread-view .forum-comment-byline,
.jnews-dark-mode .xfwp-tabs,
.jnews-dark-mode .xfwp-tab.active {
    border-color: #777;
}

.jnews-dark-mode .xfwp-tab { color: #fff; }

.jnews-dark-mode .xfwp-widget .forum-stat { margin-bottom: 0; }

Dear friend, Problem fixed :)
You are the King 🥰🥰

2023-02-25_10h43_15.webp

Is it possible to only Sync WP Users to Xenforo, but not Xenforo to WP?
You can import from both ways.

Could we redirect the Xenforo Registration page to the WP registration page? Have you had this szenario?
Yes, it is possible to change the Register link by editing a template in XenForo. I suppose you could even take it a step further and setup a 301 redirect on the register page too. However, to more thoroughly disable the XF registration, an addon would need to be made that is currently not part of my WordPress suite of addons.

I will consider getting that made, but I always recommend to anyone using XFtoWP to keep as open of a registration process as possible and not deter anyone from registering to either site, if possible.

Top Bottom