There is a companion addon that creates users in WP from the XenForo register form. The only known issue is with Social Registrations which should be cleared up once XFtoWP 1.5 is finalized.Where will the "main" registration be? On the Xenforo side or WordPress side? If it's XF, will users be synced to WP?
Since the plugin lives on the WordPress site it is able to create/sync XF users at any point of registration your site allows. "Syncing" means linking an XF and WP user together, and you are encouraged to offer a functional user experience even if users are not yet synced. There are options and automations you can set in XFtoWP to sync users later. An example workflow could be:
- User registers to your XF forum as normal (optional to create WP user at this point)
- Asks a presale question or just browses your "free" forums
- Later purchases a product from your WP site
- At this point, a new WP user will be created or updated with the product purchase
- XFtoWP sends usergroup promotion to XF user