[XFA] Media Of The Month

[XFA] Media Of The Month [Paid] 3.6.0

No permission to buy (€6.00)
ACP -> Tools -> Cron Entries, find MOTM, hover over Controls, Run

Addon runs on a daily cron job, as with many things.

On that Cron screen you will see text next to it saying when it is due to run again. When you click the entry you will see a field for setting the day, time, frequency, etc. Leave Day of Month as "any" so it will run daily. Under Hour select 8 (for 8am) and save. Go back to the Cron Entries screen and look at the time now.

FYI @MtoR I had this same issue with @SneakyDave's Forum Backup addon, the cron way always reset after upgrade and ran at the wrong time unless I remembered to go back and change it after an upgrade. He was able to fix it so that it doesn't reset this setting on upgrade, but I still have to offset it so that the Cron Entry reads 4am (in my case) by setting the cron to run at 9am on the Cron screen.

I guess I don't understand why I have to offset this on either one of these addons, I expect when I set it to 2am it will run at 2am my time, not GMT time....
Thank you Floyd.

I have set to 8 AM as you said and I have also clicked the run cron option, it does not work. My subforum still blank and there are no automated post or thread. The media also has no option to vote (the text "vote this media" to vote does not show, only icon"love")

This add-on does not work on mine :(

Hey guys so version 3.30 just doesn't work at all for me. Left a post on your support forum also a couple of days ago. Since the update nothing is happening, no contest opened, running the cron manually doesn't trigger anything either.
yeah this does not work for me either. I have posted the chronologies above. Not working. Run the cron manually does not solve that too. Please help @MtoR

What mode are you running? What date of the month do you have for the contest start date?

I've been running this for a year from the old TCorp version to the most recent one. Start date is the 2nd, options have not changed. Since updating to 3.30 it just stopped. Mode 1.

Love icon is how you vote
I believe there should be a trophy icon too in media list, for the gallery display?

Also there is no option to vote like the screenshoot said (button "Vote for this as Media of The Month") in every media page. Example: http://www.kebunpedia.com/media/rest-a-while-and-fly-later.209/

Does the mode 2 lack of these feature?

What mode are you running? What date of the month do you have for the contest start date?
Mode 2. And I read, "For Mode 2, start day is always the 1st day of the month." How to make it start from today? Can't it?

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer had some availability issues :)

@bibitbunga In mode 2, the contest is only started the first of the month, meaning you can't have a first contest running before a first of the month.

@ichpen was it an update from TC version ? If so did you uninstall and install back ?

Clément

Hello,

Sorry for the late answer had some availability issues :)

@bibitbunga In mode 2, the contest is only started the first of the month, meaning you can't have a first contest running before a first of the month.

@ichpen was it an update from TC version ? If so did you uninstall and install back ?

Clément

No, was update from previous XFA version 2.20 I think (last version)

What notification is that ?
when a user added new media to the contest album (Mode 1).

The title = {2} have just added bla bla bla. And the problem is, the {2} string is not translated into user name as it should. Please see screenshoots:
IGOrKJ.jpg

EUDklX.jpg

What notification is that ?

The title = {2} have just added bla bla bla. And the problem is, the {2} string is not translated into user name as it should. Please see screenshoots:
IGOrKJ.jpg

EUDklX.jpg
@MtoR would you reply me please? how about the answer on questions above.

Also, we have report from some users that they counter error when trying to submit new media, it said: you have no permission to do that. What possibly cause this? please help.

It looks bad that our board launch a MOTM feature where there are some error..

Also, we have report from some users that they counter error when trying to submit new media, it said: you have no permission to do that. What possibly cause this? please help.

This is the screenshoot:
Screenshot_2016-06-12-10-54-49.webp

It happens right after there was duplicate thread contest album (and I deleted the older one) and now the problem is people can not upload new media.

Could you signup to our community and try this? Website is kebunpedia.com

Thank you

Then I don't see any reason for it not to work, what is the configuration you have set for the start day and etc ?

As posted on your support site, mode 1, 2nd day. I'm still away on vacation but the config is exactly the same as when previous version was running.

The only changes are that I installed showcase and did a few server side updates. Other cron jobs are working just fine. This does not now

IGOrKJ.jpg

EUDklX.jpg

Ok thanks for the clarification, have you reported this in our bug forum ?

Was away for the weekend, sorry.

Regarding the error you pointed out, perhaps you haven't set the usergroup permissions correctly for those usergroups ?

This is the screenshoot:
View attachment 135895

It happens right after there was duplicate thread contest album (and I deleted the older one) and now the problem is people can not upload new media.

Could you signup to our community and try this? Website is kebunpedia.com

Thank you

As stated above, have you correctly set usergroup permissions ?

As posted on your support site, mode 1, 2nd day. I'm still away on vacation but the config is exactly the same as when previous version was running.

The only changes are that I installed showcase and did a few server side updates. Other cron jobs are working just fine. This does not now

Hard to say, having it the 2nd day should be fine.
I might have to do some debug to find out.
In any case, have you tried to change the start day and let the cron run to see ?

Hi

I saw you just released a new version for bug fixing. Can we just update the plugin? Does it not affect or disturb the whole media contest process that is currently running?

Thanks

Top Bottom