XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Has anyone else run into an issue using the new Community Servers mode with Discord?

When you enable Community Server Mode, and convert a channel to an Announcement Channel by changing this setting:

1601630330250.webp

The plugin can no longer detect it as a valid option to send posts to. Here in Discord I have 2 announcement channels:

1601630371114.webp

But neither of these channels appear in the list when changing the setting in XenForo:

1601630446382.webp

Has anyone else run into an issue using the new Community Servers mode with Discord?

When you enable Community Server Mode, and convert a channel to an Announcement Channel by changing this setting:

View attachment 236348

The plugin can no longer detect it as a valid option to send posts to. Here in Discord I have 2 announcement channels:

View attachment 236349

But neither of these channels appear in the list when changing the setting in XenForo:

View attachment 236350
@Jaxel 👀

Jaxel updated XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration with a new update entry:

2.1.1.6 - CHANGELOG

• Added support for Discord's new "Community Server" system. The bot can now post directly to announcement channels on your Discord server.
  • Added support for XenPorta articles. Now when you promote a thread to an article in XenPorta, you can have the article posted to your Discord server as well; with large article images too!
  • Normalized some URLs as Discord has changed it's primary url from discordapp.com to discord.com

Read the rest of this update entry...

Is normal when i look associated account i see this?
1602404589099.png

and when i unlink it and link it again it will work, but after some days it will become that again
1602404720642.webp

Is normal when i look associated account i see this?
No, and it has been reported a million times already. Sadly with no fix in sight.

Got everything working on the most recent update.
Set to view discord, go to discord link and it doesn't show anything.
It posts on the channels like it is supposed to but it doesn't do any user syncing.

But I am now stuck here:

Server error spam:

Also, getting "There is no valid connected account request available. Please try again." on any account I try to test to join the forums via Discord.

Last edited:
@Jaxel I habe the Issue, that the Page and the Overlay shows all messages from Discord twice, and also posts the messages twice. In the Discord App I see every posted Message from the Chat Overlay / Page twice.

@Jaxel I habe the Issue, that the Page and the Overlay shows all messages from Discord twice, and also posts the messages twice. In the Discord App I see every posted Message from the Chat Overlay / Page twice.
Whatever, i updated again, now its correct.

No, and it has been reported a million times already. Sadly with no fix in sight.

It's completely normal. https://xenforo.com/community/threads/google-connected-account-unknown-account.153984/

Can anyone help me with my issue?

Going to the discord link on the forums doesn't show my discord server status..and users cannot join the discord server.
It also doesn't do any user syncing.

Although, new threads and posts get updated in the discord server fine.

@Jaxel

None of the users are being sync'd.

Last edited:
Hi, are you able to make it so people can only use discord to register and sign up to your forums? So like it disables the default login and register forms and make it so you HAVE to only use Discord?

Last edited:
Can anyone help me with my issue?

Going to the discord link on the forums doesn't show my discord server status..and users cannot join the discord server.
It also doesn't do any user syncing.

Although, new threads and posts get updated in the discord server fine.

@Jaxel

None of the users are being sync'd.
Did you read the FAQ?

Yes, I read the FAQ. What else do I need to do to make it actually sync? Everything else works but that..makes no sense.
Did any of your users actually link their accounts? Does your bot have admin permissions? Is your bot's role at the top of the role list?

How do i disable the Login using Discord feature on the login page? I don't want guests to login or register using that.
No. XenForo's connected account system adds it automatically.

I'm setting up a node to post discord notfications. Does setting up pings using the role IDs of each role work? If not, can that be a feature please?

Top Bottom