XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I don't know how CLI Job Runner is handling things. It says right in the description that it cuts off after 30 seconds by default.

I've already included the --time=300 (5 minutes) to the cronjob when I installed the add-on. I'd take 5 minutes should be plenty. But a cron entry taking that long can easily be avoided by a live role push integration. Again, I don't want to sound like an ass. I'm just confused the hesitation/refusal of including such feature if it improves the syncing as a whole.

Last edited:
How exactly does the D->XF sync system work? And how come it takes a lot of minutes for the cron entry to finish up? With no bot system or some kind of script that gathers the info, there has to be something to speed things up.

I assume your current system checks every single user through a queue for altered discord role changes and then applies it to the forum. If that's the case. Wouldn't it make more sense to use the audit log instead? Eg:

User role change on discord -> D-XF sync checks recent audit role changes (Update Member Roles action) -> Apply to forum user if needed.

I'm aware that it's not a bot. But even with cURL you can GET the audit logs. https://discordapp.com/developers/docs/resources/audit-log

With I believe the "MEMBER_ROLE_UPDATE " event. But again, I am not sure how your system is made and or how much audit log entries it can return. But wouldn't it be simpler and much much more cron entry friendlier to only watch for changes and apply it rather than a constant check on all users?

Hard to miss the point when there are no details shared. I'm currently not even talking about a bot at all. All I am asking (kindly) for a way to improve the user role information from discord to xenforo with a simple recent audit log request by API and if needed, saved in cache. As far as I know, API requests doesn't automatically makes it a bot.

I'm kindly asking this to majorly improve the D->XF role syncs time wise and to improve the overall discord cron entry from running longer than needed. Again, I don't want to sound nor be an ass about it. Heck, you have way more experience than I do. But there has to be a way to improve the sync system without it taking days for larger boards for be sync to be caught up.

Last edited:
There is no valid connected account request available. Please try again.

I keep getting this when I try to connect my discord account

The widget is what enables your server's JSON API endpoint. If you don't enable it, we can't get your server info.
Is there a way to not use WidgetBot?

The API is so unreliable. Half the time it's down and my users can't connect to Discord. Is there a way to just have a link to Discord?

Actually looks like it's dashflo.net

Last edited:
Anyone else having an issue with moderated threads and this latest version? They stop processing after the 3rd or 4th thread.

To recreate: Unapprove multiple threads. Then try to approve them all from the mod queue.

Last edited:
Thoughts ? Suggestions ? Input ? Should I get a refund ?

Code:
An exception occurred: [Error] Call to undefined method GuzzleHttp\Psr7\Response::json() in src/addons/EWR/Discord/Repository/Discord.php on line 46

EWR\Discord\Repository\Discord->getGuild() in src/addons/EWR/Discord/Option/WidgetBot.php at line 12
EWR\Discord\Option\WidgetBot::renderOption()
call_user_func() in src/XF/Entity/Option.php at line 76
XF\Entity\Option->renderDisplayCallback()
call_user_func_array() in src/XF/Template/Templater.php at line 999
XF\Template\Templater->method() in internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/option_macros.php at line 196
XF\Template\Templater->{closure}() in src/XF/Template/Templater.php at line 701
XF\Template\Templater->callMacro() in internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s0/admin/addon_options.php at line 63
XF\Template\Templater->{closure}() in src/XF/Template/Templater.php at line 1315
XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate() in src/XF/Template/Template.php at line 24
XF\Template\Template->render() in src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php at line 48
XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 458
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 440
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 400
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 58
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2184
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Last edited:
[8WR] Discord Integration 2.0.2.2

The most current version is 2.1.1.3 - You're kinda behind on versions. v2.1.1.0 featured a cURL change for Guzzle (which is being referenced in your error) It may or not resolve your issue, just pointing out that you're behind on versions.

(If you're not using XF2.1, then ignore the above. XF2.1 is required for 2.1.1.0 and onward per the release notes.)

The bot is not joining my discord after full successful setup (newest addon version)
i cant even link my self or something.

error i get (xxxx exchanged cuz privat data):
Code:
An error occurred while connecting with Discord. Please try again later.: Client error: `GET https://discordapp.com/api/guilds/XXXXXXXXXXXX/members/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX?limit=1000` resulted in a `403 Forbidden` response: {"message": "Missing Access", "code": 50001}

Last edited:
Tried registering/loggingin/connecting accounts but I got this error: An error occurred while connecting with Discord. Please try again later.: Client error: GET https://discordapp.com/api/guilds/697118880350601259/members/252968443270135808?limit=1000 resulted in a 401 Unauthorized response: {"message": "401: Unauthorized", "code": 0}

Sorry if this was already answered. I want to manage user roles in XenForo. Does the bot update roles on the site when they change in Discord?

Top Bottom