XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration

XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration [Paid] 2.1.1.9

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Hello, so ive got the Discord integration addon but when a user tries to connect their discord they get this mesage "There is no valid connected account request available. Please try again. "

Just saw in the Discord log that, upon banning a user, the following entry is created:
1578512364756.webp

Shouldn't "1" be the "New Value" instead of the old one?

For some reason, discord roles are not always given from xenforo roles (in this case forum registered member which is their primary role.) (XF -> Discord) , at least.. not right away. Even when I run the sync manually (while the user is linked on discord) role isn't given out on discord. Sometimes it takes ages, and sometimes I have to adjust their profiles in the adminCP (without changing anything) to force a sync, which also doesn't always work. Any idea as to why that might be?
Did you get this resolved, i dont see any sync on discord. But i see it in the logs...

Hello, so ive got the Discord integration addon but when a user tries to connect their discord they get this message "There is no valid connected account request available. Please try again. " Can i please get some help with this

1578688544964.png

After setting it up, I get this whenever I try to go into the discord options on xenforo.

Update, so I've uninstalled it, uploaded the latest version and followed the tutorial video, and I still get this error. After I join bot to a guild and it joins my discord I get this error.

Last edited:
You installed the 2.1 version on XF 2.0... or vice versa.
I've tried both the 2.0 and 2.1 version of Discord Integration. I'm using the latest version of Xenforo, and tried Discord 2.0.1.7 as well as tried 2.1.0.9 and both of them give this error

Xenforo 2.1.6 patch 1 is what I'm using for XF on top of DI 2.1.0.9

I've tried both the 2.0 and 2.1 version of Discord Integration. I'm using the latest version of Xenforo, and tried Discord 2.0.1.7 as well as tried 2.1.0.9 and both of them give this error

Xenforo 2.1.6 patch 1 is what I'm using for XF on top of DI 2.1.0.9
Update: if anyone has this issue, go to src/config.php and add
Code:
$config['enableAddOnArchiveInstaller'] = true;
to the document. Then click save. Next go to /admin.php?add-ons/ and click on install/upgrade from archive and then add the zip to the upload. That fixed my issue.

But now I'm getting this:
1578879239056.webp

Last edited:
However I think there needs to be a change regarding the naming of his provider, as per the resource guidelines those have to be prefixed (like ThemeHouse did with their th_discord). Don't know if that's going to change though.
Any thoughts on this? :)

After that update I went ahead and reconnected my discord account. The avatar was showing fine. Now it shows this (which is better than a broken image, though...):
1579014666667.webp

@Skyrider having the same issue?

I assume not. I handle all your use cases with Jaxel's add-on.

However I think there needs to be a change regarding the naming of his provider, as per the resource guidelines those have to be prefixed (like ThemeHouse did with their th_discord). Don't know if that's going to change though.
@Jaxel This point about the naming of the provider needs to be resolved as per the “Resource standards”. Can you advise when it can be resolved?

Hey jaxel i keep getting this error when trying to disable the discord integration in account preferences.

Code:
XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1054]: Unknown column 'discord_options' in 'field list' in src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php at line 212

XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 196
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 40
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare() in src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php at line 54
    XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 79
    XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query() in src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php at line 245
    XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->update() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1408
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource() in src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php at line 1135
    XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save() in src/addons/EWR/Discord/Pub/Controller/Account.php at line 29
    EWR\Discord\Pub\Controller\Account->preferencesSaveProcess() in src/XF/Pub/Controller/Account.php at line 311
    XF\Pub\Controller\Account->actionPreferences() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 249
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 89
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 41
    XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 1931
    XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 329
    XF::runApp() in index.php at line 13

Code:
Stack trace

UPDATE  `xf_user_option` SET `discord_options` = ? WHERE `user_id` = 1
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1054, '42S22')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(40): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1054, '42S22')
#2 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(54): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(79): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#4 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(245): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('UPDATE  `xf_use...', Array)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1408): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->update('xf_user_option', Array, '`user_id` = 1')
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(1135): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->_saveToSource()
#7 src/addons/EWR/Discord/Pub/Controller/Account.php(29): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->save()
#8 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Account.php(311): EWR\Discord\Pub\Controller\Account->preferencesSaveProcess(Object(XFRM\XF\Entity\User))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(249): XF\Pub\Controller\Account->actionPreferences(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(89): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Account', 'preferences', 'json', Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag), 'account', Object(BlackTea\SteamAuth\XF\Pub\Controller\Account), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(41): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#12 src/XF/App.php(1931): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(329): XF\App->run()
#14 index.php(13): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#15 {main}

Edit: Fixed it by running the command.

In MySQL:

SQL:
SQL:
ALTER TABLE `xf_user_option` ADD `discord_options` BLOB NULL;

Last edited:
@Jaxel This point about the naming of the provider needs to be resolved as per the “Resource standards”. Can you advise when it can be resolved?
It's unfortunate that this hasn't yet been addressed or acknowledged, and unfortunately, more issues have come to light:
  • xf_user_connected_account has a field called sync_date, again, this is unprefixed.
  • The same field is also added to the database without a default value. This causes MySQL errors if your add-on is disabled (because there's no entity to set a default value).
  • xf_user_option has a field called discord_options, which is also unprefixed.
  • This would also need a default value.
Can I please ask again @Jaxel when the issues can be addressed? If no action is taken then we will have to remove the resource due to non-compliance of the resource standards.

Last edited:
Jaxel updated XF2 [8WR] Discord Integration with a new update entry:

2.1.1.0 - CHANGELOG

This is a pretty significant update. Lots of database and variable names have been changed.
  • Prefixes have been added to database columns added by this addon.
  • Serialized data has been converted to JSON arrays as per new specifications.
As I already stated, lots of variables have been changed. This is to comply with official XenForo resource standards which were set in place after the initial creation of this addon. These standards were created to prevent resource...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom